Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mendoza

Battlegrounds/arena

I'm Sure this was mentioned already but if not.......

One of the things that made Shadowbane very boring was when there was No banes, or Mines Open there was a lack of PvP. You could sit for HOURS doing nothing. When you are alt tabbed playing a second game listening to Vent hoping something would pop off there is something wrong. At least other Games like UO had Fast travel system (Runes/Runebooks/Recall/Gates/etc)

Running city to city zone to zone to kill newbies or PL groups just wasn't fun. IE Fully geared/leveled toons rolling New toons, not maxed leveled and usually not well geared.

If some type of WoWish (i know it is an evil word) Battle Grounds or Arenas......that would be awesome.

It fixes a few problems that SB had...

1. It gives PvP something to do during non Siege times

2.  If its ranked or kept tracked it gives top tier PvP Nations/Guilds Bragging Rights......

unlike WoW no gear or actually physical rewards should be given IMO....just the reputation and satisfaction of tossing your enemy around.

Also if this games has Disciplines or something like that Try to cut down on junk runes/abilties that no one would spec or dare waste of point on.

Anyway Very Interested in Seeing how this game progresses....I think everyone out there is looking for a good PvP MMO...that doesnt involve constant grinding for gear, or rep to get better gear....to get more rep to try and get better gear.....insert loop repeat 100.

Thanks

Mendoza

I turn dough into $$$ .....The Pizza King of QFT

i'd bet he's saying "non"

on Mourning, an SB server, we had a player built city named DooVoo that was for just this purpose

if i'm reading it right, 'doza is wanting a purpose built location for just such festivities...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I had this in another thread where this got brought up:

Sandbox "arena":

• Player built structure, inside a player built city
  • It acts like a gladiator-style arena, where there can be spectators surrounding the fighting area
  • 1 v 1 - 5 v 5 combat
  • Wagers can be placed by the spectators
  • NO instancing - it's a building in the world
  • NO teleporting to the arena.  If you want to fight in arenas - a traveling gladiator or some **** - you have to manually go to each city that has one built.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

I had this in another thread where this got brought up:

About this concept of arena, me i love it, i even would like see arena's of the different house. For ex: a master of guild and his mates choose their champion(s), it's him or them will fight against the other House champion(s) who has been choose in the same way. Loosing could affect decision and moves of houses etc. Imagine the reputation of a house or guild with a team or a champion who win a lot Oo helpful for new alliance ;) Brief i don't know  if such things are realizable but i share it just like that for the fun :) take care all

******* The Benjtor is coming...*******

One of the things that made Shadowbane very boring was when there was No banes, or Mines Open there was a lack of PvP. You could sit for HOURS doing nothing. When you are alt tabbed playing a second game listening to Vent hoping something would pop off there is something wrong. At least other Games like UO had Fast travel system (Runes/Runebooks/Recall/Gates/etc)

Running city to city zone to zone to kill newbies or PL groups just wasn't fun. IE Fully geared/leveled toons rolling New toons, not maxed leveled and usually not well geared.

If some type of WoWish (i know it is an evil word) Battle Grounds or Arenas......that would be awesome.

2.  If its ranked or kept tracked it gives top tier PvP Nations/Guilds Bragging Rights......

unlike WoW no gear or actually physical rewards should be given IMO....just the reputation and satisfaction of tossing your enemy around.

Also if this games has Disciplines or something like that Try to cut down on junk runes/abilties that no one would spec or dare waste of point on.

Anyway Very Interested in Seeing how this game progresses....I think everyone out there is looking for a good PvP MMO...that doesnt involve constant grinding for gear, or rep to get better gear....to get more rep to try and get better gear.....insert loop repeat 100.

Thanks

Mendoza

no..

NO...

http://youtu.be/7vyANa71gvU?t=1m18s

Edited by plush

I think an instanced arena would only be useful if Gear had big scaling problems. People always saying how gear = win but an instanced arena could nullify the effects of gear for the most balanced fights, like GW2.

I don't like instances neither gear balance. I like to grind/farm my powerful overenchanted gear and take it to the arena to crush casuals that don't care about working on their equipment (or compete against people that care about their stuff like I care, or even more). Is something I love from old MMOs (the hard work to have your equipment as maxed as possible) that MOBAs killed.

Sandbox "arena":

• It acts like a gladiator-style arena, where there can be spectators surrounding the fighting area
  • 1 v 1 - 5 v 5 combat
  • NO teleporting to the arena.  If you want to fight in arenas - a traveling gladiator or some **** - you have to manually go to each city that has one built.

I want this.

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

Sandbox "arena":

• 1 v 1 - 5 v 5 combat
  • NO teleporting to the arena.  If you want to fight in arenas - a traveling gladiator or some poorly made socks - you have to manually go to each city that has one built.

I want this.

Something that I think would be a really rich feature would be an open arena. Similar to duels in most games, but in an open arena.

There is a simlar feature in Black Desert

The important thing from the video is the 1v1 in a non-instanced arena, with real player spectators. I mean, what if dueling were a matter of decision making, or if the king of a city could host games like the Romans used to with rewards for the victors.

Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif

Two armies gather, and rather than risk all of their gear and lives the two best warriors from each army fight to the death instead. Winner takes all.

We all remember this.

achilles-vs-boagrius-o.gif

Edited by baerin

Thanks

Mendoza

NOPE.

The whole point of Campaigns on the Dying Worlds I think is so theres always something to fight and battle for until the victory conditions and/or the worlds end. So there should never really be much downtime where you're looking for stuff to do. Anything that detracts from the main goal of the game or is some kind of mini- or side game isn't good IMO.

It sounds like the way they're giving King's control over the Eternal Kingdoms that something like this could be done (they mentioned you could turn on FFA)

Maybe certain player spectators are let in to either watch or place bets and the challengers are allowed in.

Or just generally FFA. A place to go to fight.

You could sit for HOURS doing nothing.

Your playstyle....