Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for October - Official discussion thread

It would be perfectly understandable if a player is not interested in the overall economy.

But why would such a player then ask for a plan to incentivize those players to sell or export rewards  :blink:

its like "I don't care about it ,but can you please motivate me to do it anyway?"

Such a waste. Cause it might have been a great question,as there are different kind of PVPers who have their own reason for wanting to play.

YOu could ask if the game has to offer incentives to other types of PVPers

Like for some who greatly enjoy RP might be motivated if the game allows them to join a neutral sect or pirate crew ,each come with unique unlocks (longterm goals).

Or take someone like me who cares nothing for prestige or possessing a personal virtual throneroom or oversized castle.

Some players can take joy in that,and thats enough reason for it to be there.if you are not into that ,its fine too.At least the game supports it..

Maybe its good if the game is tested by gamers who enjoy different aspects of such a game.

So more combat,really...

I also think we should be able to declare an attack on anyone,infighting! :D

First of all thank you guys for asking these questions every month, I do appreciate it :)!

We're going enjoy november and welcoming alpha 2 backers in-game during pre-alpha build :D

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

That JTodd sure is one mysterious dude keeping us in the dark about the next pre-alpha campaign rule-set. Said he has tricks up his sleeves while wearing a short sleeved tee shirt. Now that's very sneaky. 

Thanks for the Q&A always helpful when Todd and Blair dial the game in for us a little more. 

What I would like to know is if the keeps will have an option to build/hire guard NPC.

From a lore point of view it makes sense to have them, because Crows while seen as heralds of death as was mentioned early on are still saving people, souls of the fallen and the resources. That would imply that they need to be out in the field for long periods of time so having guards or patrols would make sense for the mortal soldiers and mercenaries.

Now maybe it could be an idea for one of the rulesets or in general to have an option to hire guards an mercs which will in return drain you resources.

On another note, this might have been answered before, I think I saw it answered somewhere but who knows, will the projectiles go in a straight line or will they curve and drop off, for instance if you fire toward the sky will the projectile return or just go towards the air and expire/explode, or will there be a mix of both.

I don't want any OP guard NPCs... That just never works out. Either you figure out how to exploit them so you can kill them in a corner without taking damage, OR they add too much PVE into the PVP game.

There's lots of non EK and power oriented rewards that a non participant could enjoy, character cosmetics, victory or success indicators, whatever other innocuous features. It's not necessary, but ultimately if they play an export only campaign, they are going to generate resources, it might be nice if they could directly fund benefits like VIP tickets.

Personally I'm not super supportive of this subscription, and I'm just waiting to see if their product is going to be worth my money.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P