Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Zaleena, daughter of snakes - Official discussion thread

She is of Lyessa’s brood, stolen by Malekai and hatched from a dragon’s egg to be raised as the trickster god’s own daughter.

[The All Father] stole Lyessa’s unborn, placing her egg at the eastern edge of Heaven. And he called this work the Moon.

I wonder about the connection between these two purloined dragon eggs. Same egg?  Or were the gods in the habit of stealing Lyessa's eggs?

IhhQKY6.gif

My question is what compels mortals or otherwise to follow her? What does she offer, what are her functions, why would someone fight, protect, and die for her? Same with Cybele, at least with Yaga you're a defender of magic and possibly fight to forestall judgement, Gaea inspires sentiment and has the possibility for creation/resurrection, but Cybele brings relatively little to the table. Even in greek and roman, and norse mythologies, the basic tenet of worship was "what have you done for me lately" or "what are you offering to do for me and my ilk?" Mostly this was protection, praying that nature would support them or leave them be and function normally, etc. But Cybele and Zaleena offer so little in terms of favor or function, and it's hard for me to see many mortals get even a little excited for them, much less players joining their factions.

I mean, you have Arkyn - Sun God, and Prince/Nobility God (So like Apollo, I can get behind that); Kane - Moon and Smith God (Cool, the lunar cycle, tides, and crafting God, he's sure to be handy and important); Yaga - Magic and Death's judgement (whoa, we got a badass here, both for mages and those afraid of or associated with death); Gaea - mother figure and creator (always good, dual creation and affection, she's definitely functional); Cybele - Goddess of super virginity (...); Zaleena - ...the goddess with the snake tatoo (...).

Now if Zaleena was like a cthonic goddess of love, like Aphrodite, that would be cool, kind of like a succubus goddess. So far, she's cthonic...and she has a snake tatoo...and sorcery, but let's face it, Yaga has her beat 8 ways till sundown in the sorcer supreme department. And Cybele...just...what's her appeal? The sorority house goddess? What is her function or dominion that would inspire followers, what is she offering? Her coat of arms is a unicorn that's looking fresh, but other than that, I'm finding it hard to think she has much of a mortal following, with fewer players compelled to serve her, which might be an issue when it comes to faction balance, at least from my perspective.

Edited by RKNM

Well, Oberyn Martell has another Daughter ;)

I like her Background. Cant wait to read more from her. And here look is ... :wub:

CPhROf9.png?1

www.northlanders.rocks                                                                                          www.crowfall-community.de

My question is what compels mortals or otherwise to follow her? What does she offer, what are her functions, why would someone fight, protect, and die for her? Same with Cybele, at least with Yaga you're a defender of magic and possibly fight to forestall judgement, Gaea inspires sentiment and has the possibility for creation/resurrection, but Cybele brings relatively little to the table. Even in greek and roman, and norse mythologies, the basic tenet of worship was "what have you done for me lately" or "what are you offering to do for me and my ilk?" Mostly this was protection, praying that nature would support them or leave them be and function normally, etc. But Cybele and Zaleena offer so little in terms of favor or function, and it's hard for me to see many mortals get even a little excited for them, much less players joining their factions.

I mean, you have Arkyn - Sun God, and Prince/Nobility God (So like Apollo, I can get behind that); Kane - Moon and Smith God (Cool, the lunar cycle, tides, and crafting God, he's sure to be handy and important); Yaga - Magic and Death's judgement (whoa, we got a badass here, both for mages and those afraid of or associated with death); Gaea - mother figure and creator (always good, dual creation and affection, she's definitely functional); Cybele - Goddess of super virginity (...); Zaleena - ...the goddess with the snake tatoo (...).

Now if Zaleena was like a cthonic goddess of love, like Aphrodite, that would be cool, kind of like a succubus goddess. So far, she's cthonic...and she has a snake tatoo...and sorcery, but let's face it, Yaga has her beat 8 ways till sundown in the sorcer supreme department. And Cybele...just...what's her appeal? The sorority house goddess? What is her function or dominion that would inspire followers, what is she offering? Her coat of arms is a unicorn that's looking fresh, but other than that, I'm finding it hard to think she has much of a mortal following, with fewer players compelled to serve her, which might be an issue when it comes to faction balance, at least from my perspective.

She seems like a slutty succubus.

Question answered.

7111d4fea662ddcedc732a7b7c3ebe1e.png

My question is what compels mortals or otherwise to follow her?

These are gods we are talking about, not value meals at a fast food restaurant. Mortals obey them out of fear and respect.  And when one of these gods elevates a mortal to become an immortal champion, the new eternal hero would be wise to show some gratitude and loyalty.

IhhQKY6.gif

All the qualifications of an EX.

"Driving strong men mad and weak men to an early grave. Equal parts charming and cruel"

Edited by Otto

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

She seems like a slutty succubus.

10 outta 10, would bang :P

And I don't think that word applies to people in control of their urges, sounds more like Cybell.

As for value, passion is valuable, but sorcery is also magic, so she's pretty relevant. It's fair to say all of the gods practice or share some sort of power or magic I imagine.

Edited by bahamutkaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P