Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fatalyst

Crowfall: Languages

Hi guys, I'm a spanish MMORPG player and I'm worried about the languages that we'll be able to choose in this game.

I know that actually the possibilities to find an interesting MMORPG game translated to spanish are negligible, we've lost the chance to play and enjoy some really good games in our language, games like Tera, Archeage, Ragnarok... but the most alarming reality shows that we'll be in the same situation in the future, games like Wildstar, Landmark, Bless, Black Desert and Skyforge aren't considered a translation to spanish, I'm 90% sure of that. I know that it must be an important economic effort, but I think I write in the name of a lot of people when I say that is a hard punishment for a big gamer's community in Spain and Latin America.

But I've considered appropriate to create a topic to ask this, we don't know information yet about the game payment system or the languages we can choose, but I know probably the answer will be english, only english. The answer could be english, german, french, russian... but I think it's an important information that we should have. I ask for someone responsable to talk about that.

What do you think about that?

Thanks for read and sorry for my english.

Edited by Fatalyst

Hi guys, I'm a spanish MMORPG player and I'm worried about the languages that we'll be able to choose in this game.

I know that actually the possibilities to find an interesting MMORPG game translated to spanish are negligible, we've lost the chance to play and enjoy some really good games in our language, games like Tera, Archeage, Ragnarok... but the most alarming reality shows that we'll be in the same situation in the future, games like Wildstar, Landmark, Bless, Black Desert and Skyforge aren't considered a translation to spanish, I'm 90% sure of that. I know that it must be an important economic effort, but I think I write in the name of a lot of people when I say that is a hard punishment for a big gamer's community in Spain and Latin America.

But I've considered appropriate to create a topic to ask this, we don't know information yet about the game payment system or the languages we can choose, but I know probably the answer will be english, only english. The answer could be english, german, french, russian... but I think it's an important information that we should have. I ask for someone responsable to talk about that.

comapnies should stop being cheap and fork out teh cash for the SDL Translation service -.-

But overhead cost are baaaad.

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

That's a Waste of resources,just learn English while playing the game.

This. I stopped hoping and waiting for french translations back when I played obscure SNES RPGs. It paid off, that's how I learned english.

Your english is fine OP, so why are you worried?

I'm so used to this when I see a game menu in portuguese I'm like  "WTF IT THIS **** !?!?!???????"

But I don't see any problem in this actually.

What I do mind is my 150~200ms latency......................... SO LAMEEEEEE 

pffff......

That's why I play lol... 15ms ping FTW  xD

Edited by psychedelics

Your English is good ( I'd assume it was your first language judging from this post).

Crowfall will probably only be released in English because their target audience are players who have already played their games (And they all speak English).  Artcraft is not aiming to attract a wide audience, they already know who they want to sell their game to, no need to look for more people outside the country.

Localization would probably come way later if ever (Years).

If it makes you feel any better, I don't feel like any current MMORPGs are worthwhile playing, so you are not missing out on any amazing adventures.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Interestingly, the current number one non-English language for our website is Spanish (3.7%), followed by Italian (2.4%) and German (2.2%).  We pay attention to this and will have a localization plan for the game, but don't expect any details on this for a while!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Interestingly, the current number one non-English language for our website is Spanish (3.7%), followed by Italian (2.4%) and German (2.2%).  We pay attention to this and will have a localization plan for the game, but don't expect any details on this for a while!

classy indeed....

/golfclap

i'd have hit "like" but i ran out for the day

it is an interesting question,and it makes me happy to read that you folks not only have thought of it, but are crunching the raw data to make decisions....

bodes well for CF, imo...

but i'm keeping the trebuchets aimed at yer parking lot, just in case

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

English is not my first language either, but honestly it's not bothering me (since vast use of English language) to me it's barely a foreign language. It helped me to improve my knowledge of English, good practice in learning a language while you play the game, what more a person could want...

English is not my first language either, but honestly it's not bothering me (since vast use of English language) to me it's barely a foreign language. It helped me to improve my knowledge of English, good practice in learning a language while you play the game, what more a person could want...

English is my first language, so I feel the same way whenever I go over to a Korean or Japanese game. As someone studying languages, playing an MMO in another language is really fun.

But at the same time I understand people wanting translations done for them, because if your not good at reading the language at a very fast pace some areas become impossible to read chat (Korean was actually kind of easy, Japanese on the other hand.....). Also, understanding written accents can be a bit of a gripe if your not at an advanced level yet.

There are quite a few of us pollocks here as well ;)

for me its really hard because english is not my first english and long text and some stuff with hard words knock my english out like a big tiger a little cat

i learn english only in the internet and some mmo's or other multiplayer games in school that english brings nothing. 

im only hoping they translate in german :D (i hope this revoultion mmo or something) 

for me its really hard because english is not my first english and long text and some stuff with hard words knock my english out like a big tiger a little cat

i learn english only in the internet and some mmo's or other multiplayer games in school that english brings nothing. 

im only hoping they translate in german :D (i hope this revoultion mmo or something) 

as a fellow german:

go learn english and stop being a peasant

It's beyond me, how there are still young people in this country who can't speak or understand basic english

Edited by freeze

I come from Spain.

Approximately 470 million people speak Spanish as a native language, making it second only to Mandarin in terms of its number of native speakers worldwide. There are an estimated 548 million Spanish speakers as a first or second language, including speakers with limited competence and 20 million students of Spanish as a foreign language.Spanish is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.

As you can see this is a big market. Not only in Europe and South America. Even in North America.

I hope that u could consider this.

Best Regards.

How about EU and RU localization?Is there any plans or not worth the wait?

In Steam there are a lot of russian players that says in a lot of good games: Добавьте русский язык (trans. Add russian), but they prefer to yell instead of learn it. Any way our life is so exiting and peopels should to know international language in order to communicate with each other in adult life. One language is not enough in real life. Yes, life is strict and btch. 

Yo soy español y tambien me gustaria que el juego estubiese traducido, ya no es por no aprender ingles, si no, por que siempre es mucho mas comodo leer una historia o continuar algo en tu idioma natal, para los que digan que aprenda ingles mientras juegas vale si, es jugable pero nunca se disfruta mas que un juego totalmente traducido.

Y por mi parte si el juego no se traduce como muchos, por desgracia, perdería muchos puntos.

Gracias.