Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Crowfall Cosplay "Cawstume" Contest - Official discussion thread

You might want to consider taking photos in the daytime, or under some kind of artificial illumination. A black costume in a dark photo isn't easy to resolve (nor to "like").

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

1st place right now has zero shares and most of the votes? hrmmmmmmmm

It's almost like you're suggesting internet voting can be cheated. How irresponsible of you.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

It's almost like you're suggesting internet voting can be cheated. How irresponsible of you.

I could point out that by not collecting submissions THEN opening voting, the system is biased toward earlier entries, but in reality nothing is ever fair and you could even argue that it's more of a popularity competition than a costume contest.  But to the point of accusing the leading submission of cheating, is pretty silly at this stage of the competition.

I believe she may have had the first image ever posted on the album.  What I've noticed is when I go to the Crowfall facebook page is that her image is larger in the collage than all the other entries.   Both the first and second place entries must have a lot of friends voting for them, but I am surprised about the no shares though.

It is a double edge sword.  Those who spent more time getting their entries together are potentially having to work even harder for their likes.

Next time, I would suggest a deadline for submissions and having them all posted at one time and rotating the gallery around if possible to for additional fairness if Facebook is going to be the voting mechanism of choice again.

Edited by gweniver

What I've noticed is when I go to the Crowfall facebook page is that her image is larger in the collage than all the other entries. 

Another oddity is that if you click on that large image and then try to cycle through the rest by clicking the "next" arrows, you only see about a third of the entries.  I imagine those 8 are getting more views than the rest.

IhhQKY6.gif

I could point out that by not collecting submissions THEN opening voting, the system is biased toward earlier entries, but in reality nothing is ever fair and you could even argue that it's more of a popularity competition than a costume contest.  But to the point of accusing the leading submission of cheating, is pretty silly at this stage of the competition.

Pretty silly at this stage? How so? What stage would you like me to accuse someone of cheating. A week ago or a week from today? A year from now? Your statement lacks logic.

Well, the accusation part anyhow. Because we all agree that they should have all been released for voting a the same time. Quality cosplay entries (like Corvus, Valor, Kriptik, etc) take more time to put together than some of the other entries.

Now, back to the cheating accusation. Cheating accusations can come at any time. Should we wait until someone gets the package in their account or would it be fine for ACE to yank the package out 6 months from now? Point blank, you can look at the other triple digit entries and see that those entries have been shared multiple times. Just because she's the first entry, doesn't mean very much. The actual very first entry in that contest was the confessor. But he's #8 in the album. There goes that theory.

Sure, it could just be that people are visually lazy and choose the first picture they see. But why bother coming to an album if you're just going to vote once and leave? There's such a thing called momentum and I would find it hard to believe that momentum would be so linear on the internet. Because nothing is linear on the internet. Well, one thing is....

Also, you can only see 9 pics on the mobile version. But I was not aware she had the largest pic on the gallery.

Edited by headlight

Just because she's the first entry, doesn't mean very much. The actual very first entry in that contest was the confessor. But he's #8 in the album. There goes that theory.

The point is that her pic shows up first, and biggest, when you visit the CF facebook page.  Not that her entry was chronologically first. 

QVXoheB.png

Plus, if you click on that image, and then try to cycle through the rest, you'll actually only see 8 of the 20+ entries in the album.  I bet some people will never actually bother to find the album itself and make sure they saw all the entries.

IhhQKY6.gif

All good points.

When I said "It's silly to accuse someone of cheating at this stage of the competition", I intended to emphasize that because the competition is skewed for a number of other reasons, accusing someone who clearly would have an advantage regardless of cheating, is silly.

Look, I did this contest because I wanted to win and I wanted to see if I could actually put together a decent costume.  I really won't lose a second of sleep over this and no one else should either.  Just have fun.

Plus, if you click on that image, and then try to cycle through the rest, you'll actually only see 8 of the 20+ entries in the album.  I bet some people will never actually bother to find the album itself and make sure they saw all the entries.

Gah... I didn't notice that. Yet another thing to remember if I even run a contest through facebook.

Another oddity is that if you click on that large image and then try to cycle through the rest by clicking the "next" arrows, you only see about a third of the entries.  I imagine those 8 are getting more views than the rest.

THIS I have had several family members tell me they cant find my picture and this is why. They were finally redirected by myself and I'm not crying just a bug report lets say. Theres too much bug in the report!

Edited by KRIPTIK

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif