Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Crowfall Cosplay "Cawstume" Contest - Official discussion thread

I also received a friend request too and the first thing they did was to post begging for votes on my wall.  Poor form I say.   :(

I'm honestly competing with botters now and your calling ME out. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

Yeah, but do we know that?

Yea, we know that.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'm honestly competing with botters now and your calling ME out. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!

You shouldn't HAVE to compete with botters. It was the very reason I was skeptical about using Facebook in the first place. The same thing happened to my friend whose parents were in a travel "Like" contest. The botters won and it was infuriating.   

24px5oh.jpg

You posted a straight photoshop rip [bad one at that] and damn well knew it got added to the gallery so shhhhhhh about form

Please take the time to read this whole forum.  THEN you would know that my entry was NEVER supposed to go on the official page. IT was a spoof and I said so when I posted it.  I also mentioned it on Facebook when I realized the error.  My conscience is clean and the joke stands. 

24px5oh.jpg

How? Mal has had pretty sketchy likes since the day her picture went up.

Sketchy likes? Seriously? She wasn't even in First.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'd like to point out that prior to this bot like attack I actually had a chance of winning the contest. I did not hire any like bots and I'm disgruntled about it. Besides now Im around 30likes down from 1st. Even with over 500. :(

I'd like to point out that prior to this bot like attack I actually had a chance of winning the contest. I did not hire any like bots and I'm disgruntled about it. Besides now Im around 30likes down from 1st. Even with over 500. :(

Yes it is a shame to whoever is doing this. They target other competitors to hide themselves.  The whole thing is sad now.  There are some AWESOME cawstumes there and those that worked so hard on them should be fairly rewarded. 

Edited by Chrissy The Blesser

24px5oh.jpg

Honestly until this I was the biggest cheat in the contest since I submitted a three month old picture of me half naked and somehow gave it a Crowfall context.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Yes it is a shame to whoever is doing this. They target other competitors to hide themselves.  The whole thing is sad now.  There are some AWESOME cawstumes there and those that worked so hard on them should be fairly rewarded. 

Maybe it's not too late to change all the rules of the contest at the last second and just have the devs vote!

7111d4fea662ddcedc732a7b7c3ebe1e.png

How? Mal has had pretty sketchy likes since the day her picture went up.

Thanks for paying attention. The blonde druid had 7 fake like accounts from the get go. It's only because Mal now has a like tsunami, you're paying attention. How come the people who said nothing the entire time about cheating said zero. Now that there's been some obvious cheating -- either to force disqualifications, to win, or to prove a point -- all of a sudden people speak up.

But when I speak up, I'm being told that I'm tinfoiling.

Sketchy likes? Seriously? She wasn't even in First.

I am aware. However, she had many people from non-English speaking countries all like her vote very quickly after it was up. Obviously something like this is hard to prove, but this person had liked her 3 days ago, around the same time she posted, and their last account activity was a post advertising a vote buying service. Vote buying is pretty hard to prove, but I think that's pretty much as good as it would get.

I mean its mostly people posted from the dregs getting the bot uptokes no?

Except for the female ranger thats winning. The other two that got random votes are me and the kiddo. But no one from the dregs has admitted to like bots.

Thanks for paying attention. The blonde druid had 7 fake like accounts from the get go. It's only because Mal now has a like tsunami, you're paying attention. How come the people who said nothing the entire time about cheating said zero. Now that there's been some obvious cheating -- either to force disqualifications, to win, or to prove a point -- all of a sudden people speak up.

But when I speak up, I'm being told that I'm tinfoiling.

I did speak up, I just didn't do so publicly. We're not the ones who can disqualify, what's the point? I'm only bringing it up now seeing as there's an active dialogue about it. The only reason I bring up Mal specifically is because she had the highest ratio of fakes to real likes that I saw.

I am aware. However, she had many people from non-English speaking countries all like her vote very quickly after it was up. Obviously something like this is hard to prove, but this person had liked her 3 days ago, around the same time she posted, and their last account activity was a post advertising a vote buying service. Vote buying is pretty hard to prove, but I think that's pretty much as good as it would get.

My picture was posted on Reddit, twitter and facebook multiple times to people in multiple countries. I did not cheat.

My picture was posted on Reddit, twitter and facebook multiple times to people in multiple countries. I did not cheat.

And if I were in your position I'd probably insist upon that fact as well, whether I cheated or not. I don't really believe you, but that's pretty beside the point given no one here is making a decision.

I sincerely hope the decision is just made to move into having the staff vote.