Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Crowfall Cosplay "Cawstume" Contest - Official discussion thread

I posted mine on reddit whats brigading?

brigading is basically what Reddit is designed to do, due to its exponentially growing nature, it is natural for a high-attention post "Martin Schrelli is a unpleasant person-bag" to cause people to "brigade" him with large amounts of booing insults and threats. ergo: brigading. Brigading is allowed(though not encouraged), but there are some rules concerning a post's use and implications. You can submit a piece of news and whatever happens happens. But you cant say "Everyone tell X guy to kill himself". Concerning contests: I think they don't allow reddit to be used for contests.

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

So what your saying is.......success in this contest depends on linking your real identity to this community for scrutiny and attack.?

PRECILEY!!! welcome to Reddit, you'll do fine. Next stop: Tumblr!!!

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

cba573d11bcf859c55e456aa0af770c8.png

Was that so hard?

Done with this conversation, there's a forums in my sig if anyone wants to participate in the conversation without this thread getting locked and disappearing. You can say whatever you want to me there. There's no mods there who feel like the new sheriff in town coming to save the forums from tyranny.

Edited by headlight

I think you're missing the narrative I'm putting together. I'm suggesting that Mal cheated initially and this latest wave of like buying came from somewhere else. What Mal did would have been intelligent cheating. It wouldn't have single-handedly won her the contest, but was enough to make a difference without being insanely obvious. 

The vote buying that's coming now isn't stupid, it's just heavy handed. The objective is either forcing a disqualification or attempting to hide their own vote buying. They either bought votes for 3 people they wanted to see disqualified, or one of those 3 people bought votes for themselves and 2 other people who also had a chance to win. 

That or it's just complete non-sense trolling and someone just bought votes to custard with the integrity of the contest. Who knows? 

Either way, I'm not suggesting Mal bought herself up to 500 votes, nor do I think it horribly likely that either of the other 2 people who are up there did either. I do however think she bought votes initially given that of all the people with 75ish votes plus, she was the only one with 50+ likes from people in India/Pakistan who had a history of liking an insane variety of pages and products that seems indicative of a history of selling likes. Additionally, like I mentioned, one of the people who liked her photo literally had a page posted advertising a site that sold likes for specific images on Facebook.

None of the other people at the same time had that same pattern of votes. There were some fakes spread across all the images, but most people had a majority representation of English speaking or European profiles. She was the only picture that had a large representation of Middle Eastern and India upvotes.