Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Crowfall Cosplay "Cawstume" Contest - Official discussion thread

I still think using a baby in any way to attract voters for a game that is recommended for 13+ is kind of a cheap method of trying to win. I could of used my daughter told people on my account that has 23,000 friends to vote and you would of seen the exact same results if not more... Be happy they did not disqualify you for not registering yourself in the picture. Congrats too the winners in my opinion they were the one's that should of won anyway. 

Edited by santa

I still think using a baby in any way to attract voters for a game that is recommended for 13+ is kind of a cheap method of trying to win. [...]

ACE specified that we were allowed to create a costume and have another person wear it for the contest. As long as someone is wearing a real costume made specifically for the event and that the entry meets all the criteria, the age of the person on the photography seems irrelevant to me.

I think that a family participating together in a costume contest is pretty cool.

Edited by courant101

Wow, santa is being such a little gripe about someone doing a fun, wholesome activity with their kid.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I still think using a baby in any way to attract voters for a game that is recommended for 13+ is kind of a cheap method of trying to win. I could of used my daughter told people on my account that has 23,000 friends to vote and you would of seen the exact same results if not more... Be happy they did not disqualify you for not registering yourself in the picture. Congrats too the winners in my opinion they were the one's that should of won anyway. 

Coulda

Shoulda

Woulda

Pann answered the question about dressing up children early in the contest.

Well that is why you lost isn't it? I am not being salty I am just stating anyone can use a child to win a contest if they have resources. I didn't enter the contest by the way... I could care less just stating facts. And I see why the staff made this judgement and glad they did.

Edited by santa

ACE specified that we were allowed to create a costume and have another person wear it for the contest. As long as someone is wearing a real costume made specifically for the event and that the entry meets all the criteria, the age of the person on the photography seems irrelevant to me.

I think that a family participating together in a costume contest is pretty cool.

I agree using family is cool when your not going around to tons of groups asking people that you need votes for your kid. They will feel bad and vote.

No one went around asking for tons of votes for their kid so what the hell are you crying about?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

No one went around asking for tons of votes for their kid so what the hell are you crying about?

it wasn't only vote bots it was cheap tricks aka exactly what I stated but as I said I didn't enter I was just watching the votes/outcome extremely glad they did it this way enough about it be happy for those who won :) I am Edited by santa

Column B is before the like bombs.

Column C is after.

Column D was the last one I had before I went to bed.

Column E was either at 8AM or 11AM before I went to work.

Column F is the Final tally.

Likes.png

This kinda freaks me out. I got an early lead because I posted early, then a lot of other great stuff went up and I fell back. I didn't sweat it as my kids loved it and it's going to get some use. Also, I didn't spend a penny on it (no, you don't want to know how big my craft stash is.... just... no...). I checked in this morning in hopes of an honorable mention tee shirt, imagine my surprise! But then I read through and saw the numbers, it just made my stomach lurch! I've either gained a lot more friends or enemies on these forums, I have no idea which. I didn't think I'd posted enough to be noticed one way or the other. :puts on tinfoil hat:

Nothing is impossible, but some things are very expensive.

I just won first place in our department costume contest this year with my cawstume.   One of my co-workers had a Back to the Future 2 costume that I really thought was going to get first place.  Yay!

Same here, though my competition wasn't too rough. 

Congrats, you deserve it!