Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Crowfall Cosplay "Cawstume" Contest - Official discussion thread

That picture of the rangers is a older LARP costume, I sincerely doubt they did make it themselves. Look for the picture on Google Images and you'll see. The confessor, well.... doesn't deserve to win because there is no costume imo.

It's still early and it takes time to make a good looking costume. So, I'm not that worried yet.

Excuse me dear sir: I first sat at a sewing machine at age 5, and as a result have been sewing for 40 years. I have a BFA in fine arts specialized in sculpture. I did indeed make that from scratch in about three days, mostly last week. I even dyed some of the fabrics.  Sure I grabbed boots and a blouse from an old costume but the tunic is not only my own design I didn't even use a pattern, I draped it using my daughter who modeled for me. The hood I used a pattern because I always cut them too small if I don't.

I take great offense at the notion that no one interested in entering this contest could possibly be skilled enough to actually achieve something great in a short period of time.

Go ahead and google, that is the only place I've posted it.

Nothing is impossible, but some things are very expensive.

Excuse me dear sir: I first sat at a sewing machine at age 5, and as a result have been sewing for 40 years. I have a BFA in fine arts specialized in sculpture. I did indeed make that from scratch in about three days, mostly last week. I even dyed some of the fabrics.  Sure I grabbed boots and a blouse from an old costume but the tunic is not only my own design I didn't even use a pattern, I draped it using my daughter who modeled for me. The hood I used a pattern because I always cut them too small if I don't.

I take great offense at the notion that no one interested in entering this contest could possibly be skilled enough to actually achieve something great in a short period of time.

Please note that the comment you just replied to was posted 7 days before you tweeted your entry in the contest.

Hint:  He wasn't talking about your entry.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

You should take great offence if I was actually referring to your costume. Which I wasn't. Which Jah has pointed out already. Don't worry, I take no offence at your mistake though, it happens!  :)

I actually favorited your entry on Twitter because I think it is awesome. Good luck on winning that Ruby package!  :D

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Point taken, the link is live and therefore if you click it today my costume is there, I wasn't checking the dates (which I know better, so shame on me).

I'm glad you like it.

Nothing is impossible, but some things are very expensive.

I entered because well let's face it the odds are looking good right now.

t00zec.jpg

~Calamity

Holy crap I actually thought that was legit artwork. The only real giveaway that it's a real person is the hands imo.

I am starting to regret going for authentic...

But only because its taking so long. 

I should be done early this weekend.

Confessor Progress

- Really warm shirt - Done (though I cheated and used felt instead of itchy itchy wool.)

- Leather vest - 90% (need to attach one piece and add the "straps")

- Leather Bracers - 90% (need to hammer the rivets, add the gems and gold outline)

- Props - 75% (I have most of them, found the perfect book to wear, using a blade instead of the branding iron) 

- Facial hair - Check. ;)

- Hood - I'll be puzzling out a pattern tonight... Hopefully I have enough felt left.

Any news on when the voting album will be up? Or did the staff decide to take users advice and vote in house instead?

Holy crap I actually thought that was legit artwork. The only real giveaway that it's a real person is the hands imo.

Haha, Thanks. Yeah, I shoulda planned out the hands better. I had hoped to fix it with photoshop but my skills weren't up to the task.

Next year if hey do this again I'll go brave and go non-human! Already plotting!

~Calamity

Looks great so far!

All the entries : https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23cawstume&src=typd

Cawstume Contest album : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1054879854525331.1073741835.814300301916622&type=3

Still 7 days left to create a costume and join the contest.  :)

Edited by courant101

Ok, just for giggles I threw my hat into the ring :D

The hell you did. Blessings and giggles give way to lies and bad photoshops:

m_531f88cfde4f283b7a23e74d.jpg

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

I said it was just for giggles.  I never said it wasn't Photoshopped.    In face it is quite obviously PhotoShopped.  I wasn't trying to fool anyone here. I was going for the giggle factor.

Even if that were true, you clearly didn't feel compelled to correct ACE's error in including you in the official entries list.

You are full of deceit. Curses and frownies on you.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

You are full of deceit. Curses and frownies on you.

Sheesh the drama!   It is only for giggles and come ON,  Look at my humorous attempt and at the quality of the entries.  Even if I HAD tried to pull a fast one, that photoshopped entry wouldn't stand a chance with the awesomeness of the other entries.  *Rolls eyes* 

24px5oh.jpg