Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mythx

It might be an issue with the CF homepage link

The main page is now displayed in English, but after clearing the cookies, the drop down menus do not work when I click on them, both on IE and Chrome.

SITcqan.png?1

I need to click on the US flag and then refresh the page to make them work properly.

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce this behavior. Try completely quitting the browser and restarting after you clear your cache. If this issue persists, can you open the Chrome Developer Tools (CTRL-Shift-I) and go to the "Console" tab? Refresh the page and see if there are any error messages. If so could you please post them here? Thanks.

Yes there are 3 :

TypeError: Cannot read property 'about' of undefined
    at app_1445961038940.js:3961
    at Scope.$emit (angular.js:14647)
    at updateView (angular-ui-router.js:3984)
    at angular-ui-router.js:3927
    at invokeLinkFn (angular.js:8219)
    at nodeLinkFn (angular.js:7729)
    at compositeLinkFn (angular.js:7078)
    at compositeLinkFn (angular.js:7081)
    at nodeLinkFn (angular.js:7724)
    at compositeLinkFn (angular.js:7078)(anonymous function) @ angular.js:11607
(index):1 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://crowfall.com/#/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://crowfall.com/#/i18n/fr-FR.json'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
angular.js:11607 TypeError: Cannot read property 'about' of undefined
    at app_1445961038940.js:3961
    at Scope.$emit (angular.js:14647)
    at updateView (angular-ui-router.js:3984)
    at angular-ui-router.js:3921
    at Scope.$broadcast (angular.js:14720)
    at $state.transition.resolved.then.$state.transition (angular-ui-router.js:3311)
    at processQueue (angular.js:13189)
    at angular.js:13205
    at Scope.$eval (angular.js:14401)
    at Scope.$digest (angular.js:14217)

Similar errors with Explorer :

TypeError: Impossible d’obtenir la propriété  « about » d’une référence null ou non définie
   at compositeLinkFn (https://ajax.
SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Erreur réseau 0x80700013, Impossible d'effectuer l'opération à cause de l'erreur suivante 80700013.
Fichier : crowfall.com
TypeError: Impossible d’obtenir la propriété  « about » d’une référence null ou non définie

Edited by courant101

Alright this bug is mostly fixed. The issue was happening with any browser or system not using English or German. Depending on the browser used, the translation module that we use attempts to get at the user's preferred language through the browser or the OS. In courant101's case it was determining he was on a French system so it was trying to load up a French translation file which was not there (we're only in English and German right now). This part is still not fixed as I need to contact the developer of the translation module to figure out how to tell it not to look for languages that aren't enabled. The part I did fix though is that it will no longer break the navigation when this happens. I'll post here again as soon as I've fixed the last part. Thanks for your patience.