Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mythx

Crowfall and us

What`s your favourite feature you`re looking forward to in CF?

And is Crowfall truly unique compared to other games?

• Dying campaign worlds.
  • Voxel tech with destruction.
  • The Duelist Archetype.

And lastly; my vote is on auto run - we need it on very large campaign worlds, because I`m too lazy to hold down the w button. 

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Hopefully a good action combat system in a western mmo setting... I really like action combat but the current offering of mmorpgs with it generally come with people wearing panda backpacks that they purchased from the cash shop. 

Also autorun is bad...

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Most important aspect for a great MMORPG are:

• Atmosphere
  • Combat System
  • Landscape

I want to feel welcome also I would like to spend a lot of time in the game and I'm sure I'll do that when these points aren't missing. Looking forward to find it out on my adventure!

Edited by Esther

t70C8a9.png     "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."  - Albert Einstein

What`s your favorite feature you`re looking forward to in CF?

I lump four into one on this and they are full loot, item destruction, territory conquest, and ability to make unique character builds.

And is Crowfall truly unique compared to other games?

We do not have the full game to make a final judgment on that but the partial is that right now the systems Crowfall has planned are not found in other games and imho this alongside the vision of the game make Crowfall my most anticipated game.

Edited by nomadmerc

Hopefully a good action combat system in a western mmo setting... I really like action combat but the current offering of mmorpgs with it generally come with people wearing panda backpacks that they purchased from the cash shop. 

Also autorun is bad...

What`s wrong with panda backpacks? :)
And why is an optional autorun button a bad thing on very large maps?
- I`m quite surprised with that answer. VN - since I know you`ve played H1z1 - I always use autorun in both survival mode and in the Battle Royale mode.

I enjoy it in H1z1 with autorun, and I miss the autorun option like crazy in dayz standalone. Cherno to NW Airfield (hot pvp zone) is like 7 km distance - and holding w button for almost 1 hour game time on foot is tiresome.

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

What`s wrong with panda backpacks? :)
And why is an optional autorun button a bad thing on very large maps?
- I`m quite surprised with that answer. VN - since I know you`ve played H1z1 - I always use autorun in both survival mode and in the Battle Royale mode.

I enjoy it in H1z1 with autorun, and I miss the autorun option like crazy in dayz standalone. Cherno to NW Airfield (hot pvp zone) is like 7 km distance - and holding w button for almost 1 hour game time on foot is tiresome.

A game should look to keep you engaged... not to give you easy 1 button presses for doing things that you don't like....

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I'm looking forward to the social part of the game. Creating my own Eternal Kingdom, build a city with markets and gain a lot of visitors is my main goal.

What most MMO games lack at the moment are passionate players that stick to that specific game, trying to evolve it in every way they can.

Hopefully Crowfall won't be a letdown and it will give me the experience that I am looking for. Then the PVP is a great carrot as well ;)

Edited by Nilz

I'm looking forward to some interesting action strategy pvp, don't know if I'll actually get it, but I'll settle for working I guess.

I don't really see the point in auto run when riding will make travel easier, how about auto ride? Maybe a properly constructed road and a properly trained horse will follow a path automatically?

I'm all for practical mechanisms, I just want the features and mechanisms to be rich and involved as well.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

My favorite feature is the campaigns. I really like the idea of having a fresh start and new map every few months. It will surely lead to a lot of lot of stories where people say "Remember that one campaign with the huge mountain in the center of the map..." etc.

I really like that by the time everyone learns everything about the world and all of the nuances of the terrain it will be time to start fresh.

Edited by Zybak

A game should look to keep you engaged... not to give you easy 1 button presses for doing things that you don't like....

It's not engaging to press WASD for movement, but it works. If the game isn't given an Autorun, then people will just place a rock on their W key, which is much less optimal but to the same effect. 

Give me a reason to pay attention to my surroundings instead of enabling autorun and alt tab. 

What's a 1000 minus 7? 

They did point out that you won't be given artificial destinations, you'll be working toward objectives immediately, exploring randomly generated locations, and be in an open pvp environment where you can expect to be accosted on routine journeys.

There will always be some scenarios where auto run could be employed, but it's certainly greatly disincentive. I still support training horses to auto travel over actual auto run though, it further increases effectiveness and also adds immersion and value to features.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Guild rivalries , strategy game like MMO, and EVE-style economy...

so basically EVE without subscriptions, and a fresh start!!!

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

I want it to have the overall feel of early UO with character customization diversity of SB and well designed combat system that will not be too dependant on low latency.