Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

American Sniper

checkyotrack

On a scale of 1 to Imperialist American propaganda how terrible do you find this film?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I don't think it really glorified war or an american sniper that much... i do think it was overrated though... bradley cooper didn't really play a role that was really all that difficult to play. 

Now Patrick Stewart in "Match" was flippin amazing... and that Miles Teller movie "Whiplash" is very good.

Chris Kyle is right up there with Stolen Valor for cashing in on his pathological lies, racism, and love of murder whilst he was still alive.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

If the character in the movie at all resembled the actual person, I might care, but he did not.  The actual person is not exactly 'good guy' material.

There was a Marky Mark sniper movie a few years back.  That was fun, and less jingoistic U.S. propaganda.

oh ya poor libs

The hate, and intolerance of something not of your worldview is amazing.

*shakes head*

sad

really Doc!...RageATM!....biggest group of hypocrites. Multi millionaires preaching the marx anti corp BS while they live in million $$ homes and pimp their albums through corp sales....I guess all the new lil college kids need to figure it out like the rest of us.

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

Yes intolerance for racist, pathological liars and propaganda films that turn them into heros is quite sad.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Chris Kyle is right up there with Stolen Valor for cashing in on his pathological lies, racism, and love of murder whilst he was still alive.

Yes. This. This guy was so custard caught, too. The fact he's being portrayed as a hero is hogwash. He was a poorly made socksty guy who did great things for our military while lying about his own level of legend on multiple levels and lying about his life in general.

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

since I actually have seen this flick...Its not a pro military chest thumping rah rah America movie.

Its about kyle the horrors of war, and how it f'd with his head and his family.

The dude tried to help others with PTSD because in a way it help'd him too.

He ended up being killed by someone he was trying to help...which you libs prolly think is great seeing an evil imperialist die.

Sad, blind, and intolerant

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

Actually it glorifies a man who took pleasure in death and concocting stories about mass murder.

Hint: just because you wear a uniform and kill people doesn't make you a hero. And when it turns out youre a liar it really takes away from the narrative and hero worship.

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

Actually it glorifies a man who took pleasure in death and concocting stories about mass murder.

Hint: just because you wear a uniform andnkill people doesn't make you a hero. And when it turns out youre a liar it really takes away from the narrative and hero worship.

I agree too much self glorification, its just more imperialist propaganda. While the movie didnt directly relate to politics and try to justify the war it did just that by trying to humanize the war through Kyle as shown in the movie. 

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

MERGE PLIX 

Edited by krevra

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

oh ya poor libs

The hate, and intolerance of something not of your worldview is amazing.

*shakes head*

sad

really Doc!...RageATM!....biggest group of hypocrites. Multi millionaires preaching the marx anti corp BS while they live in million $$ homes and pimp their albums through corp sales....I guess all the new lil college kids need to figure it out like the rest of us.

hey..i said i don't like war movies and hadn't seen it...not being judgemental

as for the RAtM...it's just the Song, i try and always seperate the Art from the Artist....cuz most artists are dinks or worse...but their Work can be amazing for all that they are not fit for human company at times

if i want Punk i listen to Bad Brains....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

since I actually have seen this flick...Its not a pro military chest thumping rah rah America movie.

Its about kyle the horrors of war, and how it f'd with his head and his family.

The dude tried to help others with PTSD because in a way it help'd him too.

He ended up being killed by someone he was trying to help...which you libs prolly think is great seeing an evil imperialist die.

Sad, blind, and intolerant

Yes, he was intolerant. He bragged about killing black people in post-katrina NO.

Real hero.

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

He also lied about knocking out Jesse Ventura. The publisher had to retract the story from the book because of a defamation lawsuit.

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

There are, in reality, very few people worth making a movie about. This dude is not one of them.

Additionally, the supposition that this stuff is nonfiction is ridiculous. Not only is it glammed up for the movie, it was glammed up as soon as this dude started talking both in Iraq and when he got home. 

Also, it's been my experience that real heros don't flaunt heroism. People who have had the displeasure of killing another human usually don't talk about a headcount and proclaim themselves the deadliest sniper unless they find pleasure in it. Good people don't find pleasure in killing other people... I don't care if you had Hitler on his knees in front of you ready to die, I would pull the trigger too but I surely wouldn't find any pleasure to be had.

Two thumbs down for the movie, Chris Kyle, Bradley Cooper, Clint Eastwood and the rest of the Hollywood douches who can't seem to stop making this garbage, soldiers with entitlement issues, and idiots who proclaim every person in a military uniform a hero.