Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
checkyotrack

American Sniper

All of you would be warriors crack me up;  the navy confirms his kill count, he was still a navy seal and he killed by a fellow veteran who was suffering.  Let the man be, nobody is perfect but I guarantee if something bad happened every single one of you wants men like him ready to defend you.  

He's dead, leave it alone. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

All of you would be warriors crack me up;  the navy confirms his kill count, he was still a navy seal and he killed by a fellow veteran who was suffering.  Let the man be, nobody is perfect but I guarantee if something bad happened every single one of you wants men like him ready to defend you.  

He's dead, leave it alone. 

"Nobody's perfect" doesn't apply here... way too many dead people involved. And although I don't have the choice, no, I don't want someone like him defending me.

"Nobody's perfect" doesn't apply here... way too many dead people involved. And although I don't have the choice, no, I don't want someone like him defending me.

Who else is going to go defend you?

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Who else is going to go defend you?

tens of thousands of men and women that don't need to brag, or threaten to punch out a senior citizen/ex-governor/ex-seal and so on...

again..i am NOT doing the judgemental thing...just saying that there's the vast majority of military folks that don't feel any need for self aggrandizement nor embellishment of their time inserv...

a simple "thank you for your service" is more than enough

could just be me...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

The rest of the servicemen/women who are not sociopaths/psychopaths.

What licensed physician that he saw labeled him that?

wiDfyPp.png

Meh, I prefer Simo Häyhä.

Using a Finnish version of the Mosin–Nagant in the Winter War, he acquired the highest recorded number, in any major war, of at least 505 confirmed sniper kills. [...] He preferred iron sights over telescopic sights as to present a smaller target for the enemy (a sniper must raise his head higher when using a telescopic sight), to increase accuracy (a telescopic sight's glass can fog up easily in cold weather), and to aid in concealment (sunlight glare in telescopic sight lenses can reveal a sniper's position). [...] He was also known to keep snow in his mouth whilst sniping, to prevent steamy breaths giving away his position in the cold air.

What licensed physician that he saw labeled him that?

None - just an assumption.  You said I would want him defending me, I simply said I wouldn't. Ignore the psych part.

He was not a psychopath. He was a ****ty person, but he has actions to contradict psychopathy

I don't know - It seems to me that he exhibited signs of clinical psychopathy. I'm not saying he was suffering from psychosis or completely in Oz, but certainly psychopathic tenancies.

Regardless of the psychiatry of it all, I will agree that he seemed like a genuinely poorly made socksty person.

I don't know - It seems to me that he exhibited signs of clinical psychopathy. I'm not saying he was suffering from psychosis or completely in Oz, but certainly psychopathic tenancies.

Regardless of the psychiatry of it all, I will agree that he seemed like a genuinely ****ty person.

And yet the world still needs people to do bad things for the right reasons.

wiDfyPp.png

And yet the world still needs people to do bad things for the right reasons.

Or you could actually have values and expect more from people.

Or you could actually have values and expect more from people.

150107132332-paris-shootings-cell-footag

go wag your idealistic scornful finger at this guy and tell em you expect more from him. (French Charlie shooting)

Or wave it at Boko Harem afte they massacred 100+ school children.

16656.jpg

It must be nice to have such ivory tower ideals...while you spit on the guys who stand post keeping that from you.

a-few-good-men.jpgor you can take a post!

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

go wag your idealistic scornful finger at this guy and tell em you expect more from him. (French Charlie shooting)

16656.jpg

It must be nice to have such ivory tower ideals...while you spit on the guys who stand post keeping that from you.

Spare me. Are you really so eager to jump on liberals that you don't bother trying to understand what someone is saying? I, as well as the US Armed Forces, expect those who serve to act like US soldiers, not Mongolian raiders. That's it. Calm down, blow your nose and reread the thread.

Go preach elsewhere.

16656.jpg

None of this implies it's OK for American soldiers to lie and murder or brag about murder, or be racist pieces of poorly made socks. Pretty sure the military actively tried to filter those people out.

Edited by fuggeroffuggington

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

None of this implies it's OK for American soldiers to lie and murder or brag about murder, or be racist pieces of ****. Pretty sure the military actively tried to filter those people out.

and just when did he murder, brag, and be a racist etc...?back up your accusations

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

just for clarity.....I have done my post....

just sayin....

me too

what gets my goat is a bunch of ppl dogging a movie they didn't see, Or mis quoting a book they never read. Actually lemme take that slightly back...since he being accused of being a racist...but no one on this thread has quoted a single thing he said. I await the mis quoted internet spam about savages...but I digress. Basically a bunch of people parroting something told to them by someone else. But not actually knowing themselves. I am not defending the guy left or right political allegiance. I am pointing out a bunch of ppl who are talking crap about something they don't actually know.

Truth is Kyle was an excellent solder and sniper based strictly on his military record. Cant take that from him. That's like saying Pete Rose sucked as a ball player because he made a bet. Both are flawed men. Kyle liked to "talk poorly made socks", Rose liked to gamble. Prob is Rose got caught with his hand in the bookie jar, and Kyle was a suicidal narcissist hiding behind a inflated ego. He was diagnosed by a medical doctor as being PTSD, depressed. People deal with depression in dif ways. It affected his family etc...THAT WAS THE MOVIE! The pap about jingoist, imperialist yada yada was nowhere in the flick.

Imperialism originated from the latin word "imperium" meaning to rule. Imperialism is "a policy of extending a country's power and influence through colonisation, use of military force, or other means

It amazes me ppl throw out terms like imperialist, as if the guy went to Iraq all on his own. That congress didn't vote overwhelmingly for the use of force for Iraq. Including H.dog Clinton and a whole slew of dems. (Bernie sanders and Ron Paul are about the only philosophically consistent ppl in congress. And they're on the opposite ends of each other.) Or they act like Saddam had no ties to terrorism. That the guy was as pure and innocent as the wind driven snow. I have no desire to reargue the Iraq war...and WMD's etc (intel prior to the war said the wmd's may have shipped to Syria...10 yrs later Asaad is chucking nerve gas at Isis and his own pll...coincidence?) Just to simply assert that the 2002 use of force in Iraq was retaliatory, not an imperial expansion of power. Everything afterwards was pure fubar'd politics...IMHO. 9-11 wasn't just an attack by some simple terrorist organization. But by a cabal of interest by various entities within nation states. In other words we were attacked by a government(s) using Al Queda as proxy.