Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PhatPingu

Group Size. What did you Pick? 3v3, 5v5, etc...

Hi guys.. just out of curiosity, what did you all choose for the ideal group size encounters on the recent survey we just had and why?

I personally choose 5v5. I don't actually have a reason for that. it just feels right.

I'm not convinced by my own answer though.. so perhaps with your input I can better come to terms with what the ideal group size should be. :P

Lf6MJUL.png

http://www.legend-gaming.net

Pingu - Member

---------------------------"Winter is coming"---------------------------

I had a hard time chooseing between 5v5 20v20  and 50v50, the question itself didnt really leave up for interpretation the type of encounter being had.

I see it more likely that roaming groups of people with 5-10ish people would be the average party. Roughly 20ish for a roaming guild expedition, but around 50ish for focused guild operations such as raiding/seiging enemies.

I know ACE talked about massive scale battles and such, but i just cant see huge swarms of 100+ people actually being coordinated especially with FF on. Its just gonna be a cluster phouqe of people smacking allies and button mashing in the end, until about half or more of the group is culled and a real fight can begin happening

I went with 12 vs 12. Its a decent sized skirmish in which an individual can make a difference, but not quite as intimate as a 5v5 where a single mistake can cost the fight, nor the completely anonymous 50 v 50.

I think I picked 100vs100. I like all types of PvP engagement, however larger scale battles are important for me in a game based on war between large groups, so the higher number the better. I hope ACE puts all the effort to prioritize performance during massive PvP.  :)

I went with 8v8. It's not hard and fast for me, 5v5 and 12v12 are within the same range, where 8v8 is the happy medium.

That's not to say I mind larger or smaller fights, but this is my favorite confrontation size because it still leaves room for individuals to stand out while requiring a good deal of coordination.

I went with 150v150...I want alliances, intruige, betrayal ... and I want this to be MASSIVE. I am thinking Shadowbane, post release, without bugs, without lag.

These are my utopia fight situations.

Other fights, that I would consider to be fringe (i.e. around resources etc), yes ... smaller. But for what I consider to be the end-game of crowfall, it's gotta be HUGE.

"Proud" owner of the domains : http://www.crowfall2.com and http://www.guinecean.com

I went with 20v20.  I'd like to see gigantic fights on occasion, but I feel like 20v20 is what I'd prefer most of the time.  Much bigger and you lose the individual completely for the team, which is fine sometimes.

I don't know what they're gonna deduce from that question...

just too many variables

It's like asking me what color do I like.

I answer blue and next thing I know, someone serves me blue broccoli...

well nah, that's not what I meant!

The question is way too vague.

12v12 for open world PvP, ya good number

20vs20 for PoI fights, again, good choice

150v150 for sieges... ya go for it

no matter how I answer, I'm screwing over one or more of these scenarios

20V20 and higher , cause i want some RvR open world big scale battles. There should be an option to support smaller skirmishes, but i think that the game should be balanced around the aspect of big battles with strategic impact. Anything under 5v5 is just a glorified duel.

I thought we're talking about group size or 'raid sizes' here? I assumed this would not be battle sizes, which I expect to be bigger.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I put into the consideration of archetype types when I chose the group. In Lost Ark, their 3 on 3 PvP seems to be really fun as it utilizes the strength of each character to the max. In Crowfall, we have support, range, melee, tank, and special so I also agree that a 5vs5 would produce very interesting match ups.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I thought we're talking about group size or 'raid sizes' here? I assumed this would not be battle sizes, which I expect to be bigger.

Well the survey question referred to said encounter size. Think the OP just kind of mixed group and encounter into the same thing.