Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

Chinese DDOS Magicbane

http://magicbane.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4299

The Chinese, with this latest action, proves everyone wrong that they are fair players and shouldn't have been IP banned.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

"The Shadowbane subforum is not the right place tontalk about Shadowbane topics"

Okay.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Not that it really matters, but assuming that attack was ultimately controlled from the Chinese is more than a bit ignorant.  From what they show in that screenshot, it looks like they got hit by an NTP amplification attack, and the IP's that are hitting them are simply misconfigured NTP servers on the open internet.  Anyone can launch that kind of attack from their mother's basement anywhere in the world with the same results.

CN has attacked the server before.

CN has been IP banned.

We are more than a little ignorant. Okay guy.

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

If i'm to understand the situation correctly... players from the chinese region were IP banned because people were tired of losing to them and considered their tactics unfair. 

If in turn they have ddos'd magicbane, it is understandable as to why they would do such a thing, not saying it makes it right though....

But as many have pointed out, such an attack can be executed from anywhere in the world so it's best not to jump to conclusions. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

http://magicbane.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4303#p48777

"This was from Feb of 2014. The attacks then were from Chinese players. The attacks yesterday were from Chinese players. It's one thing to have some select players who are unhappy with how things are handled and it's another to pay an organized group to attack our servers. Whether it's a select few or an entire group, these sorts of serious offenses only come from 1 region; China. In the interest of all legitimate players, you will not be allowed to play here. You have your own friends to thank for this.

We've already stated that the removal of our Chinese players is not something that is race related and that we intended to create a Chinese specific server so that Chinese players can play and not deal with the NA/EU players who may not appreciate their presence and also so the NA/EU players can play here without the Chinese players they give such a hard time to. It'd be a Chinese based server so latency would be better as well. Instead, the mass majority of Chinese players have done everything they can to connect via VPN's and proxy servers from all over the world in an attempt to bypass this regionalization of servers. Not only has this created a lot of unnecessary and tiresome work for me as I continue to track these proxy servers and remove their access, but you all as players have to deal with continued tensions and unnecessary witch-hunts that have ensued.

Artyom, Olga, and myself pay for this server, this web site, and for this domain. We code and maintain these ourselves and although we enjoy the work, we do not appreciate the added effort of thwarting organized attempts to ruin what we've managed to scrape together. This is not a publicly hosted video game and access is granted at our discretion.

If you are not one of the nefarious players who helped organize the DDoS on our servers then I am sorry you're paying the price along with those who did. The benefits simply do not outweigh the risks."

SWrkfdj.jpg

Alright, I was going to try an explain this again but there is no point.  Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics...

Was it China?  Probably.

Can you prove it was China and not someone else?  Not a chance.

(Unless someone admits it)

Isn't magicbane being worked on by some russians? Time for putin to declare a vacation for soldiers in china I guess.

smh

edit:  I wish the solo pvp game wasn't so painfully absent from magicbane.

Edited by facerip

Isn't magicbane being worked on by some fake russians? Time for putin to declare a vacation for soldiers in china I guess.

Maybe

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER