Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vucar

Who the hell is Jamesgoblin

I've been wondering this too... I'll be in an argument with someone and he'll "like" posts from both sides of the argument.  

Maybe, that was because both sides made a valid point. And those points are were being raised. Therefore he found the debate interesting. A Life lesson I have learned is, you don’t have to agree with someone’s point of view to respect or appreciate it. And maybe he likes the fact that people are using the forum as it was intended. (going out on another limb here) And just maybe he “likes” people who are making an effort to participate. “Likes” can be a form of encouragement. ;)  

Little is known of the immortal the bards call JamesGoblin.

By most accounts, he was a mortal soldier. It is said that he fought with distinction in the speculation wars of 2015, that he carried the All-Father’s banner in the campaign to tame the unreasonables.

Did JamesGoblin return to find his wife and children slain, innocent victims of a savage time? Did he slay them to prove his devotion to Crowfall? Kill them in nightmarish fit of rage?

Perhaps none of these stories are true. Perhaps all of them are. Who can say, when a man who has lived a thousand likes?

We know only that JamesGoblin angered the gods. As punishment, they shackled him with an account that only enabled the like button.

Denied the chance for detailed opinion, JamesGoblin became a forum mystery—cursed to like and vanish in every discussion, across every topic,every day. He wakes on the eve of each topic with no memory of his past likes. He remembers only his sense of duty and how to like a post.

Each day ends the same. As his heart falters, the memories come flooding back: the speculation, the debate, his opinions and the longing, and the anguish and the pain. He remembers every like he has lived and the pain of every ounce of speculation.

With his final breath, he curses the gods… then wakes to like again.

Edited by Whip

Actually, since he never posts, it's impossible to like JamesGoblin.

You won the internets! I wonder what JamesGoblin will reward you for it!

Edited by Akoti

Akoti - High Elder of Legend Gaming

Who is JamesGoblin? He is supposed to be a goblin. Some say his father was Orcish. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever played directly with him, but to hear Pann tell it, anybody could have gamed with JamesGoblin. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

I role play a wordsmith.

Little is known of the immortal the bards call JamesGoblin.

By most accounts, he was a mortal soldier. It is said that he fought with distinction in the speculation wars of 2015, that he carried the All-Father’s banner in the campaign to tame the unreasonables.

Did JamesGoblin return to find his wife and children slain, innocent victims of a savage time? Did he slay them to prove his devotion to Crowfall? Kill them in nightmarish fit of rage?

Perhaps none of these stories are true. Perhaps all of them are. Who can say, when a man who has lived a thousand likes?

We know only that JamesGoblin angered the gods. As punishment, they shackled him with an account that only enabled the like button.

Denied the chance for detailed opinion, JamesGoblin became a forum mystery—cursed to like and vanish in every discussion, across every topic,every day. He wakes on the eve of each topic with no memory of his past likes. He remembers only his sense of duty and how to like a post.

Each day ends the same. As his heart falters, the memories come flooding back: the speculation, the debate, his opinions and the longing, and the anguish and the pain. He remembers every like he has lived and the pain of every ounce of speculation.

With his final breath, he curses the gods… then wakes to like again.

This is good stuff.

JamesGoblin is the Regina George of MMOs...

- JamesGoblin... How do I begin to explain JamesGoblin? 

- JamesGoblin is flawless. 
- I hear his liking hand insured for $10,000. 
- I hear he does car commercials... in Japan. 
- His favorite MMO is Crowfall. 
- One time He met John Stamos on a plane... 

- And he told JamesGoblin he was pretty. 
- One time He liked my post... it was awesome.