Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Ranger is our first stealth class!  We decided to include the Ranger in the test because she gives us two different (and very complementary) features to test: stealth (and the corresponding anti-stealth) activities and ranged physical combat powers.

https://crowfall.com/#/news/hunger-dome-2-we-aint-got-time-to-bleed

soon.....

Edited by Aang

So is anyone else curious as to why we are in the dark for stealth as of now? Well, besides the irony of it.....

Actually, the only thing I'm curious about is why it's so hard for some people to understand what it means to be in early development.

They've said they're going for more of a WoW model of stealth where it's permanent and you can move around.

They said that a while back so it might have changed some by now.

Edited by Zybak

They've said they're going for more of a WoW model of stealth where it's permanent and you can move around.

They said that a while back so it might have changed some by now.

God jesus i hope that's not the last word on it. 

aka honeybear

God jesus i hope that's not the last word on it. 

I don't see the current stealth model being that bad. It all just depends on how the anti-stealth mechanics work.

I don't see the current stealth model being that bad. It all just depends on how the anti-stealth mechanics work.

How Anti-anti-stealth mechanics work:

Stealther to party scout ... "Hey Bud, I'll give you half the loot to look the other way."

Stealther loots mobs and then gives half to scout.

That scout is an idiot. Letting the other faction/alliance gain any sort of resource advantage means his own chances of winning and thus getting full export are reduced. Gaining loot at your own team's expense does you no good if you can't get it out of the campaign.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

What's there to be in the dark about?

There will be stealth.

2.0 will include the first class with stealth.

We'll find out more as 2.0 approaches.

Currently they're working on 1.1

Patience.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

That scout is an idiot. Letting the other faction/alliance gain any sort of resource advantage means his own chances of winning and thus getting full export are reduced. Gaining loot at your own team's expense does you no good if you can't get it out of the campaign.

It might not be that way in the Dregs. There likely will be multiple people that can meet the win conditions, so selling out your allies will probably be a viable option.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

It might not be that way in the Dregs. There likely will be multiple people that can meet the win conditions, so selling out your allies will probably be a viable option.

Regardless... this isn't a knock against the Anti-Stealth mechanic, but a political issue within your own guild.

Also, not one that I see a lot of evidence thus far to being a notable issue.  We're not exactly talking Command Rune stealing here, where thieves would buy summons.

If an enemy stealther is trying to convince someone to let them loot something... honestly... they're either going to already be dead/popped, or the object in question will already have been looted most likely.

This is one of those concerns that needs a great deal of context to make sense.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

Victory in the Dregs is guild by guild.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

In the end I think this is the focal point to look for, Zybak's post.  It's early development, etc., etc., but if you had to look past that what would one be looking for when it is finally released.

So Stealth is going to be a given, but that could mean about anything at this point.  What I'll be looking for is how ez-mode/impervious it's been made.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

Not ACE's 1st rodeo. I'm sure they have much better chances of working out all the details from their offices, than us with a couple of posts from our toilets

Edited by imortalis

94d3694d-21cd-461f-afe1-69b22f882477.jpg

All will b clear in time, but if its like in wow it would b appriciated by me.

Then they will have a little advantage cause the stalker will lack damage so it all needs to happen with "the power of surprise" if you ask me.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

So is anyone else curious as to why we are in the dark for stealth as of now? Well, besides the irony of it.....

Some of the things that have been discussed so far are that stealth is a critical area of gameplay, that it can turn the tide of an entire campaign with scouting, assassination and infiltration, it features a more permanent model (as Zybak mentioned) that breaks on combat with a possibility of reactivating it under certain conditions, and assassins are given the powers to deliver high damage on a target but not a one-hit kill.

To balance stealth, we would have movement reductions, disadvantages in terms of stealth for wearing certain types of armors, anti-stealth through archetypes (Stalker) and disciplines.

"We do have one crazy idea that we REALLY want to try, that would be a new mechanic between the stealth/anti-stealthers – but we’ll probably have to save that for a future stretch goal. After all, experimentation is always expensive. How’s that for a teaser?" https://www.themittani.com/features/crowfall-exclusive-interview-passive-skills-and-stealth-ops?nopaging=1

Edited by courant101

Some of the things that have been discussed so far are that stealth is a critical area of gameplay, that it can turn the tide of an entire campaign with scouting, assassination and infiltration, it features a more permanent model (as Zybak mentioned) that breaks on combat with a possibility of reactivating it under certain conditions, and assassins are given the powers to deliver high damage on a target but not a one-hit kill.

To balance stealth, we would have movement reductions, disadvantages in terms of stealth for wearing certain types of armors, anti-stealth through archetypes (Stalker) and disciplines.

"We do have one crazy idea that we REALLY want to try, that would be a new mechanic between the stealth/anti-stealthers – but we’ll probably have to save that for a future stretch goal. After all, experimentation is always expensive. How’s that for a teaser?" https://www.themittani.com/features/crowfall-exclusive-interview-passive-skills-and-stealth-ops?nopaging=1

I wonder if it involves actual tracking of people via footprints and such.