Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Equipping the Champion - Official discussion thread

During hunger dome testing, weapons were class locked.

However, have there been any statements with respect to the Crowfall end product and any class being able to prospectively wield any weapon?

I'm thinking SB here, specifically - chainsaw barbs ... stick one of those hurlbats on a legionnaire

"Proud" owner of the domains : http://www.crowfall2.com and http://www.guinecean.com

During hunger dome testing, weapons were class locked.

However, have there been any statements with respect to the Crowfall end product and any class being able to prospectively wield any weapon?

I'm thinking SB here, specifically - chainsaw barbs ... stick one of those hurlbats on a legionnaire

It has been asked plenty of times, all answers given were beating around the bush, so my guess is, archetypes/promotion classes will be weapon locked

Way back in January Todd said this:

No, the weapon choices are not locked to the archetype.  If you pick up a sword, and you have the pre-reqs, you can use it.  Want to use a bow?  Equip that, instead.  A few weapons are specific to particular base or promotion class (like the Icecleaver, above) but that's the exception, not the norm.

That sounds pretty open-ended, but it does mention the need to "have the pre-reqs" to use a weapon.  I suspect that each Archetype will provide a short list of available weapon skills.  Promotion classes will sometimes add one or more additional weapon skills.  Discipline runes will probably be another method to add a different weapon skill.

It seems that you will have some choices, but there will be limits, and you'll need to promote or find discipline runes to use certain weapons with certain archetypes.

Another tidbit from the FAQ:

Guinecean Duelists don’t have access to Archery, because their civilization has developed gunpowder. Instead, they use flintlock pistols. An example of the latter is: the Cavalier Discipline (which grants shield mastery and block powers) would also not be usable by Duelist archetype, because they don't have the necessary skill pre-requirements (shields) nor the required animation sets

Sometimes they will decide for thematic reasons that an archetype does not use a certain weapon.  In the end, though, it will boil down to whether or not they implemented the animations required for the weapon for your archetype.

IhhQKY6.gif

These once a week updates are underwhelming. I must be spoiled from when the updates were more frequent and less predictable.

I have to agree to a point. The updates are not really underwhelming, everything is now packed into just one day of awesomeness. But we have to wait 6 days to see more. We still get updates every week and that is a whole lot more than other companies give us imo. That said, I understand the old update schedule was a pain in the ass to maintain.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I hope they release information about another god, it has become really a bit quiet around here in the last weeks.

These once a week updates are underwhelming. I must be spoiled from when the updates were more frequent and less predictable.

I have to agree to a point. The updates are not really underwhelming, everything is now packed into just one day of awesomeness. But we have to wait 6 days to see more. We still get updates every week and that is a whole lot more than other companies give us imo. That said, I understand the old update schedule was a pain in the bottom to maintain.

So its not only my impression.

Well for sure, its not their job to entertain us, but to create a game.

Maybe its just that there isnt much to communicate at this moment?!

I guess we just have to wait till we get our hands on the first campaign world, so we dont complain about feeding our hungry mouth anymore so much.  :D

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.