Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Changing the update cadence again

I wanted to acknowledge/address some of the comments from the official discussion about Champion gear (today's update) in a new thread so we're not derailing that one. 

Soon after the Kickstarter ended, we began doing two news updates per week with the occasional Founders' Updates on Wednesdays. For October, we wanted to try one update per week, but it didn't take getting all the way to the end of the month to see that we needed to try something else. 

Beginning this week, we're going to publish something every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with an occasional Monday or Friday treat dropped in on occasion. 

The point of this experimentation is to find a content delivery cadence that works for everyone - from the team at ACE that produces and publishes the stuff, to those of you who faithfully check the site looking for new shinies to the journalists and social media mavens that help propagate our news to wider audiences. 

To speak directly to some of the comments: 

That mace is bad-bottom.

I've made myself a note to go adjust the language filter and remove the word that's being changed to "bottom" there because that's just silly. 

I hope they release information about another god, it has become really a bit quiet around here in the last weeks

Good news: I just so happen to have another pantheon story/concept art in my update folder for next week. 
Bad news: It's not a happy story. 

I'm really hoping we get info on 1.1 and/or a video of the champion in action.

Is planned but had to be shifted on the calendar a bit. You'll see it soon(ish). 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

To speak directly to some of the comments: 

I hope they release information about another god, it has become really a bit quiet around here in the last weeks

Good news: I just so happen to have another pantheon story/concept art in my update folder for next week. 

Bad news: It's not a happy story. 

Oh great, I guess its about the god Hero then.

Jah and me will see which information we can get out of this.

Sorry, Detective Jah I meant.

*benevolently waiting on pingus post to this*   

:)

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Really, really awesome. The one-update-a-week was taking too long for me, so I'm happy with the change! I understood why you changed it before, what has changed that we now get even more updates a week than ever before? I assume they are less meaty and smaller?

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Even when we were doing the Tues/Thurs updates, we might drop two or three things at a time. We'll only drop one thing per publish now unless they are connected.

For example... 

The Thursday update this week is the new episode of Murder of Crows and features Billy Garretsen. He did a new Poster Series video to go with it, so it makes sense to combine those two videos into a single update. 

Can we expect more video content with these more frequent updates?

The stretch goal for the video guy was met but aside from the monthly Q&A, the last combat chat (which have been there for a while before hand),  and the Todd transformation video (Kudos btw ;) ) there hasnt been much video content.

I know these things can take a while and chances are stuff is being put together at this very moment in regards to that stuff. Im just curious about the wait time for more frequent  video content

What`s wrong with Tuesday, @Ginko?

If the information was posted yesterday on monday - someone would probably complained about no weekend info drops.  ^_^

Its not the specific date what he meant, I guess.

If its only one news update per week, its a whole other pace then if go with 2 or 3 per week.

The points of interacton with the community get less, because there is less to talk about.

Also the amount of information is less, if there is only one news update per week, because you dont have to put out something this often. So its fine, if you just put out some a small information, and there is always something you can put out after one week. So the amount is less as when you got 2-3 updates per week on your schedule. Thats human psychology, if you dont have to do something really, chances are high you wont do it.

This change in pace of updates also breaks down until the progress of development. On the one side you have to spent maybe more time on communication to the outside, but on the otherside the continuous ambitious pace maybe keeps you on course, so you dont get lazy or unfocused. If you do it right and dont overdo it of course.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Even when we were doing the Tues/Thurs updates, we might drop two or three things at a time. We'll only drop one thing per publish now unless they are connected.

For example... 

The Thursday update this week is the new episode of Murder of Crows and features Billy Garretsen. He did a new Poster Series video to go with it, so it makes sense to combine those two videos into a single update. 

could you also spoil the date of november test? :)

could you also spoil the date of november test? :)

no

Can we expect more video content with these more frequent updates?

I'd like for us to have at least one video per week, but that's not always possible because it's not just a matter of Krampus/John the Video Guy having the time to shoot and edit but also the availability of people who are in front of the camera and the things they need to show or talk about.

For example... 

We had been doing an episode of Combat Chat in the last week of each month and an episode of ACE Q&A the first week of the month. We may need to swap that around for the upcoming episodes in addition to dropping them a week later, simply because of what we can show and talk about at this point. 

My crying made something happen? In that case, I'm so disappointed that there isn't a test phase right meow ;)

Yes, Dreaden, it's all for you, my sweet. Your happiness is the only thing that sustains me through the dark times. =)

Now I'm not one to say "told ya so" because that's just isn't classy. And I'm a classy guy...like I put ground spam in my hamburger helper.

Just because only Ace thought it was a good idea doesn't make it a bad experiment ;P

*high-five* for bringing back multiday news again.

Edited by Keaggan