Find results in...

Anyone Else Already Decided?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At this point, it's irrelevant to me what else is going to be revealed.   I have already decided I want to play the game.

I follow a number of titles, Everquest Next, Albion Online, Shroud of the Avatar, etc. I'm typically a one-MMO type of guy, so I'm still waiting for the rest to be revealed and the countdown timer to

I'm waiting to make sure there aren't predetermined factions, and then I'll have decided - barring some crazy unforseen aspect of a future reveal - e.g. surprise everyone, this is a facebook game.  

For me, yea I'm gonna get this game no matter what. But I'm trying to convince my friends to get it, they are much more picky with games, so its a struggle.

So far I like the what they've said about crafting and much of the artwork. The only thing I know for sure of about the game otherwise is that PvP is supposed to be a focus. The problem is that the real meaning behind that could be just about anything.

Is PvP the ONLY focus and anything else is lacking? Does "PvP is the focus" mean only hardcore 5 hours a day ganking less skilled players type PvPers will enjoy this game? If the answer to those questions is "Yes" then I'll pass on this one.

If the PvP is meaningful and not simply face stabby stab stab because there's a face so why not then we'll see...

This game will definitely not be everything that I want, but it might be 90%.

Hell, at 70% of what I want it would probably be the best option I'm looking at.

To quote Voltaire loosely, don't let perfect ruin your expectations of what should be a pretty damn good game.

Lastly, for all of you who are tossing out game changers and deal breakers; if the games you are currently playing were that good, you probably wouldn't be spending quite so much time here.

This game will definitely not be everything that I want, but it might be 90%.

Hell, at 70% of what I want it would probably be the best option I'm looking at.

To quote Voltaire loosely, don't let perfect ruin your expectations of what should be a pretty damn good game.

PvP solutions to PvP problems, I always say. If someone is ganking your user experience, gank them back. 

They outnumber you ten to one? Get your guild. Don't have a guild? Join one. 

On a personal note I'm curious to see how they're going to balance different players having different movement speeds. That seems like a humongous huge, woa hold on there pal sorta deal to me.

Greatswords for Frostweavers 2015! For great justice! And swords.

P.S. I like swords.

I have already decided to try the game out. I usually never give a final opinion of the game till I reach max level or till I just can't handle the lack of enjoyment anymore.

What I've seen of Crowfall thus far it doesn't seem like a game I would not want to at least go to end game in.

Simple answer = Gonna give it a try regardless

Need to know some details before, first the combat system (i can't stand tab targeting games and also i want active blocking and friedly fire), second i want death to be meaningfull, so with full loot (not some crappy partial loot or only backback drop), with encumbrance and alignment system on place.

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

I just found Crowfall this morning, but I like what I have seen / read so far ... but I will be maintaining guarded optimism.  I, unfortunately, jumped on the Wildstar fan-wagon really early on and the resulting experience has left me disappointed.  I can easily say that I will be keeping up with news about Crowfall from this point forward, but it is too early to say whether it is a "sure thing" for me.  

I'm waiting to make sure there aren't predetermined factions, and then I'll have decided - barring some crazy unforseen aspect of a future reveal - e.g. surprise everyone, this is a facebook game.

I'm sure there are plenty of gamers that have only ever experienced faction style Black/White PvP or, at best RvRvR or any of it's varying incarnations, but if this is more of the same, it simply cannot be what I'm hoping it is.  We'll see!

I'm sort of kind of okay with predetermined factions as long as they play very little role in actual mechanics and aren't something players are actually expected to seriously identify with. Sort of like how races are treated.

But I agree, I'd prefer absolutely no NPC/non-player-driven factions.

I'm still in the cautiously optimistic "wait and see" camp. If they continue along the course they seem to have set out, then I'll be a happy player. However, I still think it would only take one reveal/update that I don't agree with for me to hop off the hype train at this point. It's too easy to promise a lot, and most of us have been burned by the early access/kickstarter cash cow at least once already.