Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
santa

New PC Specs

He has more money than brains. He is going through a company and having them build it while getting ripped off.

If you order such a ultra highend pc, everybody with a bit of brain would buy it as a complete product instead of building it yourself, because of warranty.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Sure you have them on the seperate parts each, but sometimes they all work fine but somehow the systems doesnt work together.

I am not against ordering only the parts and build it on your own, but still today you can ahve issues where the system doesnt work, like for him.

Either way is fine.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Sure you have them on the seperate parts each, but sometimes they all work fine but somehow the systems doesnt work together.

I am not against ordering only the parts and build it on your own, but still today you can ahve issues where the system doesnt work, like for him.

Either way is fine.

Not really.. You can almost avoid any real issue by researching.

Either way is fine.

Nope, There is no such issue as "they work fine seperately they cause issue when combined". That simply means one of the parts is not working properly. And its very easy to locate that part. There are already countless programs that stress CPU, RAM and GPU. You can easily pinpoint the issue in such case. Let alone BSOD gives clear explanation of the issue when it is thrown.

Its significantly wiser to build yourself , not only you are allowed to modify your pc without any worries of warranty but you also have longer warranty in some parts. Besides, the company that sells "complete" product just gets the pc, locates the part with issue and calls the company for replacement. THey are not giving any warranty on their own. Let alone the fact they are usually way more expensive than buying yourself.

I see no reasons whatsoever to buy a complete PC unless one is too afraid to build on their own.

oh and well,

real men build their own pc.

Edited by Eren

Building my own PC gives me such a sense of pride and accomplishment. At that point, it's not a machine that I purchased and used, it is a part of my imagination come to life!

9e58b2ae2f9ac9f2904b5d4c33b609bb92d1a174

"Sharp alone, deadly together."

-snip-

Holy crap that's a beast.  Though you're using a 144Hz refresh rate monitor at 2k?

To be honest that is complete overkill for a 2K monitor.  That thing can run things on a 4K monitor perfectly fine; But with that said, in 5 years time, that system would likely struggle to run new games on a 4K.

You must be loaded, that's really expensive.

Most impressive.

Edited by Psyctooth

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

if ya got the chedder go for it

i find it more cost effective to build a solid $1500 box and upgrade every now n then.

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg