Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

01/21/15 - Team Update!

Welcome to our first Crowfall Team Update!

You’ll get an update every couple of weeks on our team status and more as outlined below.  Todd will be doing our game and vision updates, while I’ll be talking more about the nuts and bolts of turning that vision into a reality through our team and processes that we can all enjoy!

Our entire core team has been in place for ~6 months working on Crowfall, though some of us were working on it earlier than that.  We currently have 17 full time people in the office plus several offsite resources.  Over the next few weeks we’ll be introducing those team members individually on the website in the soon-to-be-launched Team section.  We’ve got plenty of experienced MMO folks (this is certainly not our first MMO rodeo!).  We also have mixed in a few folks whose experience is primarily in the AAA , non MMO space.  We like this diversity in our team make-up, as it pushes the boundaries of what we deliver both visually and in gameplay.

Our team is really passionate about the game we are building.  Management sets the development goals in conjunction with teams ability to execute on them.  Everyone on a team this size gets creative input into the game too, which is a great environment.  Having managed multiple super-large teams, getting everyone’s creative contributions is the delightful part of game making that often gets lost when teams get enormous and unwieldy.  Small is beautiful!

I’ve built and managed dozens of development teams in my career and I’m extremely happy with the team we’ve assembled.  We’ll add more people in the future but our leadership is in place and the bones of the team are solid. We feel prepared for what’s to come, while recognizing there are always emergent challenges to overcome in making great games!

Thanks for giving us your time and attention.  We appreciate it!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Hey folks,

Well, it's been quite a few interesting weeks!

We launched the play2crush site on December 22nd. A few days before Christmas is generally not considered to be a great time to try and get attention... but it seemed to have worked out OK.

By the time we came back from break, we had already collected 10,000 registered players. Not quite a month since that announcement, and we're about to cross 20,000.

That's a staggering -- and completely humbling -- response. Thank you.

When Gordon and I set out to create this game, one of the things that we said from the beginning was: this game won't be for everyone.  and we're OK with that.  We've done big, mass-market games before.  With Crowfall, we wanted to make something different.  Something smaller, with a team that is willing and able to take some big design risks.

Innovation requires risk; it's a key ingredient.  We're comfortable with that, because we firmly believe that the core of this design is solid. There are still a lot of details that need to be fleshed out, of course -- but there are always elements that you have to adjust during production. Not only do I believe firmly that we are on the right track, I also know that, moving forward, you guys will let us know if we make any wrong turns. That's a huge advantage.

As we continue to reveal details about the game, a few things will happen: 

Some of the people that we've attracted will figure out that this isn't the game for them. They will leave, and we'll thank for them giving our game consideration. Some people will find out about us for the first time -- or will finally see enough that we will earn their attention -- and join us.

Both of these are positive things. Because the net result will be a strong community of players who are really excited about Crowfall -- not the concept, not the speculation game, but the actual game we are building.

Starting tomorrow, we'll be ramping up the details that we are giving with each drop. Stay tuned -- it's going to get much more interesting from this point, forward.

Thanks again, and see you on the forums!

Todd
ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

So far nothing to complain about, the game is looking good and really interesting. When I don't like something, I will let you know. You're asking for it!  ;)

Looking forward to know the team, I think it's really important to feel connected to a developer.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Dripping with anticipation.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

By the time we came back from break, we had already collected 10,000 registered players. Not quite a month since that announcement, and we're about to cross 20,000.

That is beyond amazing, keep up the great work!

Good stuff. Funny enough, I was just thinking it'd be nice to hear more about the developers working on this project. Wish granted, without asking. One thing I love about this project so far is the level of developer interaction. It's a nice change.

Looking forward to tomorrow. I'm glad I've stuck around so far.