Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

01/21/15 - Team Update!

BOOOOOOOYYASAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Oh baby, that team update just made me think of the Hype Train...where's the pic guys?! Who's riding it with me?!

TlnPsB5.gif

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

If we are getting the info now...

What happens when the countdown reaches 0?  Alpha?  Beta?

You aren't getting the full reveal until the countdown. We will just be getting scraps of information like we have been. But just more of it.

Our entire core team has been in place for ~6 months working on Crowfall, though some of us were working on it earlier than that.  We currently have 17 full time people in the office plus several offsite resources.  Over the next few weeks we’ll be introducing those team members individually on the website in the soon-to-be-launched Team section.  We’ve got plenty of experienced MMO folks (this is certainly not our first MMO rodeo!).  We also have mixed in a few folks whose experience is primarily in the AAA , non MMO space.  We like this diversity in our team make-up, as it pushes the boundaries of what we deliver both visually and in gameplay.

Our team is really passionate about the game we are building.  Management sets the development goals in conjunction with teams ability to execute on them.  Everyone on a team this size gets creative input into the game too, which is a great environment.  Having managed multiple super-large teams, getting everyone’s creative contributions is the delightful part of game making that often gets lost when teams get enormous and unwieldy.  Small is beautiful!

Absolutely loving this concept! Hoping this avoids what happened with the SWTOR team shortly after it's launch.

If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with truthiness

Hey, thanks for the update. Just keep on bringing the hints and screenshots and we will keep supporting you. And to all those who will be leaving the game because it isn't the right fit, I thank you for trying this new and exciting game and I hope that one day you will find your fit, just like we have found ours. Also I thank Coleman and everybody that is and has been working on this project because it brings hope and excitement to us who wait, so thanks for keeping us always up to date and keep going, you guys are always and will be remembered for what you did. And with that I bid you all a very fond farewell and like I always say, thank you.   :)

Edited by jimmerharris10

How has this not turned into five+ pages yet? Whatever, the people who aren't here are missing out >_>

I think because a lot of players who were pointed here are older gamers who have been burned one too many times in the past, and won't jump on a hype train until this thing is fully revealed. 

I don't mean this in a negative way, but we are a long way off from this game being playable by the masses. So I guess my point is, most people aren't f5ing here all day, at least not until the real hype is there :)

Thanks for the updates Gordon and Todd.

Edited by sarin

I think because a lot of players who were pointed here are older gamers who have been burned one too many times in the past, and won't jump on a hype train until this thing is fully revealed. 

I don't mean this in a negative way, but we are a long way off from this game being playable by the masses. So I guess my point is, most people aren't f5ing here all day, at least not until the real hype is there :)

Thanks for the updates Gordon and Todd.

You aren't going to being down the Hype Train sarin! ;( The Hype is real! Choo Choo.

I look forward to tomorrow's drop...

I suspect this title to include a really intriguing kingdom like system, where the players choose their leaders, and PvP is a prominent aspect of the game; hopefully perma-death too. As I could see with a kingdom, assassinations could be an issue...

You aren't going to being down the Hype Train sarin! ;( The Hype is real! Choo Choo.

Well I really really want to lol ...but I am hesitant still ... but it is really really looking promising :)

I am still trying to figure out how I can keep my patience for a year or two while the game is developed if it ends up being the game I am hoping and thinking it is lol