Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

01/21/15 - Team Update!

Besides knowing that I am interested in finding out about this medieval setting game (swords, boards and bows) , I don't have a clue. Is this a just another sandbox pvp full loot game that seems to be a dime a dozen in the last year (list is to long to include) or a pve and pvp game with a twisty? I will stay on this bat channel until I find out.

We are probably like 3 or 4 years away from release of the game, if not more.

I actually think we are going to see a more simplistic system to be honest. Just my gut feeling and talking out loud here. I don't think we are going to see your traditional quests and quests lines etc , instanced dungeons etc which all take up a tremendous amount of time and cost.

I think the cores are character creation, the fuedal system, seige system and probably some kind of crafting/farming/building type system. Depending how simple or how deep they go on this is to be seen. Thus why I can't jump on the choo choo yet :)

It makes no sense they would even release information on this game if it is 4 years out. Most people don't have attention spans past a day let alone 4 years.

Edited by sarin

Besides knowing that I am interested in finding out about this medieval setting game (swords, boards and bows) , I don't have a clue. Is this a just another sandbox pvp full loot game that seems to be a dime a dozen in the last year (list is to long to include) or a pve and pvp game with a twisty? I will stay on this bat channel until I find out.

What games are you talking about? Only games I have seen the past 10 years are themepark games touting sandbox pvp experience, which in the end ends up being in disguise : /

I don't have a lot of time to post, real life is crazy, but I'll be lurking as much as possible - watching to see where this game is going (I'm liking the vibe thus far). Really just wanted to say best of luck to the ArtCraft team and HI to all from NZ. Rock on and keep the updates flowing. Barn :)

We’ve got plenty of experienced MMO folks (this is certainly not our first MMO rodeo!).  We also have mixed in a few folks whose experience is primarily in the AAA , non MMO space.  We like this diversity in our team make-up, as it pushes the boundaries of what we deliver both visually and in gameplay.

Curious about this comment- does that "non MMO space" refer to MOBAs?  The forum community has had quite a bit of ongoing discussion about MOBAs in relation to Crowfall.  Have we been on the mark?  Or does the "non MMO space" refer to something else entirely?

(Or are you purposefully being mysterious pending further information drops?!)

Thanks!

rSHxVEY.gif

We are probably like 3 or 4 years away from release of the game, if not more.

It's been at least a year since they've started. 6+ months with the core team. They are not building a new engine. They are licensing something (my bet Unity, could be UE4 though).

I am going to go with less than 2 years easily. If not out by next year sometime.

Both of these are positive things. Because the net result will be a strong community of players who are really excited about Crowfall -- not the concept, not the speculation game, but the actual game we are building.

Im def excited for the game you guys are building rather then the speculation. Though i know you guys are also wanting to play the game of rampant speculation which im personally not to fond of but that hasnt stopped me from being excited for this game. Though it has caused my forum activity to die down since i cant stand to read so many negative comments on a game that we dont even truely know what it will be. I enjoy all the updates you guys show us so far and def has me more and more excited for Crowfall. Look forward to meeting the team and finally seeing all you guys hardwork come to life and for us to test!

krevra.png

I actually think we are going to see a more simplistic system to be honest. Just my gut feeling and talking out loud here. I don't think we are going to see your traditional quests and quests lines etc , instanced dungeons etc which all take up a tremendous amount of time and cost.

I think the cores are character creation, the fuedal system, seige system and probably some kind of crafting/farming/building type system. Depending how simple or how deep they go on this is to be seen. Thus why I can't jump on the choo choo yet :)

It makes no sense they would even release information on this game if it is 4 years out. Most people don't have attention spans past a day let alone 4 years.

Yes, even though I don't expect to craft, I can see how the economic system needs to be every bit as balanced and nuanced as the combat gameplay mechanics. So far, Crowfall looks like a game I can commit to.

Thanks for the information and listening to our concerns, dev's. We're listening too.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

It seems like this game is going to be in the same genre of shadowbane, which was a MMOWG(RPG) or massive multiplayer online war game (w/ roleplaying elements).  The genre is more focused on supporting players with the ability to completely and utterly control the world and wage war with one another.  The main focus is neither a sandbox or theme park, but more a game of world domination.  

The genre is basically just tabletop Risk made into an MMO, where every piece has a human mind behind it. 

edit* I too am worried about a 2-3 year delay.  It would be a big mistake if they announced it that early.  However, making systems for player-created content is much easier than building a large theme park game with tons of pre-made content.  If they are smart, it would be possible for a well made game to be beta ready by mid-late 2015.

Edited by frobobo

I really hope this is the case, if I have to quest my way up to max level just to start enjoying the game... I'm going to be severely disappointed.  I understand some quests may be necessary to orient the player and point them in the right direction, but I do not want to have tons and tons of quests and quest lines to trudge through just to get to "endgame".  The thing that keeps me playing a game for any significant amount of time is the impact my character can have on the game, either solo or as a member of a clan/guild. I think that Crowfall will offer significant "endgame" content just by the few things they've released i.e. fealty system, siege warfare, and just general PvP baddassery. Hopefully this means less time spent on a boring story mode/quests and less time in development overall, which means we might be able to play this game (in beta) sometime before 2020!

Crazy ex-girlfriends are like a box of chocolates...

They'll kill your dog.

As we continue to reveal details about the game, a few things will happen: 

Some of the people that we've attracted will figure out that this isn't the game for them. They will leave, and we'll thank for them giving our game consideration. Some people will find out about us for the first time -- or will finally see enough that we will earn their attention -- and join us.

This is right and i 100% agree with you, stick with your vision till the end, no matter how much people will leave, the playerbase that will play this game is a playerbase that know what they want, is a playerbase that like risk vs reward, a playerbase that like real consequences.

Even if the game will not be how i imagine a true sandbox should be, go ahead, don't listen to people who trying to change your game into a generic themepark and be proud of what you are doing.

Thanks ACE.

ps: hope we get info about combat system and loot system soon (i pray for full loot and action with active blocking). :)

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

WTB combat info.

That is all.

+1

ps: hope we get info about combat system and loot system soon (i pray for full loot and action with active blocking). :)

free fps aiming or redesign

Edited by krej