Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meowmix

Why can't we swear on the forum !?

I mean I'm assuming the majority of us are of age.... I can't really picture a 6 year old posting on here... Most people who played shadowbane etc are older ? I would give this forum 5 thumbs up if we could have uncensored speech haha :).

Just saying ...............

Edited by Meowmix

This belongs in either The Great Hall or General Discussions. Report this to a mod for removal and move it to the right place once you can.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/forum/2-general-discussion/

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/forum/58-the-great-hall/

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

People get custard butt hurt is why. Oh noes! Some one said a bad word!

I personally haven't seen people complaining about swearing nearly as much as people complaining about not being able to swear... So I think you've got the whole butt hurt thing a little backwards.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I personally haven't seen people complaining about swearing nearly as much as people complaining about not being able to swear... So I think you've got the whole butt hurt thing a little backwards.

To be fair though, people aren't going to be inclined to complain about swearing if swearing isn't allowed. If swearing WERE allowed, then we'd likely see more people complain about swearing than people who complain about not being able to swear. The real question is how many people would complain about swearing in comparison to people who would complain about not swearing overall?

7111d4fea662ddcedc732a7b7c3ebe1e.png

To be fair though, people aren't going to be inclined to complain about swearing if swearing isn't allowed. If swearing WERE allowed, then we'd likely see more people complain about swearing than people who complain about not being able to swear. The real question is how many people would complain about swearing in comparison to people who would complain about not swearing overall?

Well there was a time when the forums were a lot different and these trends still occurred as they do now.  I don't think swearing is needed on an official forum for a game that is in development and trying to raise money while also receiving good quality feedback for the game itself....

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Well there was a time when the forums were a lot different and these trends still occurred as they do now.  I don't think swearing is needed on an official forum for a game that is in development and trying to raise money while also receiving good quality feedback for the game itself....

Fair point. I rarely swear myself, but most of my friends do to different extents. They don't mind that I avoid profanity, and I don't mind if they cuss up a storm because that's just how they speak. While I would agree that swearing isn't needed to provide good feedback, I'd argue that prohibiting or stepping over yourself to avoid swearing isn't needed, either. It's mostly a matter of whether people would personally be offended by others swearing and to what degree this disrupts the discussion and suggestion process, as opposed to people's complaints about swearing.

Or worse, when people who aren't allowed to swear but really want to find more creative ways to express themselves.

7111d4fea662ddcedc732a7b7c3ebe1e.png

Fair point. I rarely swear myself, but most of my friends do to different extents. They don't mind that I avoid profanity, and I don't mind if they cuss up a storm because that's just how they speak. While I would agree that swearing isn't needed to provide good feedback, I'd argue that prohibiting or stepping over yourself to avoid swearing isn't needed, either. It's mostly a matter of whether people would personally be offended by others swearing and to what degree this disrupts the discussion and suggestion process, as opposed to people's complaints about swearing.

Or worse, when people who aren't allowed to swear but really want to find more creative ways to express themselves.

I think if a person can not present their thoughts in a respectful/civil way it isn't really going to help with the growth of the game at all. 

Also we have to remember that they are trying to get visibility for their game, basically trying to put it on public display, and when things are on public display there is a certain level of courtesy that is expected. 

That means if some guy stumbles across this game because he heard about it from an mmorpg website or twitter, he shouldn't have to walk into an environment like an official forums and suffer disrespectful treatment. 

If people want to make less civil fansites nothing is stopping them and if there is a real demand for such a thing then those fansites should prosper just fine....

If people weren't complaining about words that hurt their feels, then the filter would remain steady instead of increasing.They've filtered quite a few words that weren't even profanity.

Now you are insulting negligent the ambitions of the ACE team, as well as my ambitious desire for an interesting MMO since over a decade.

If this should turn out to be ACE's vision of Crowfall, I am out, but I strongly doubt it.

Like I already said, if thats what you are looking for personally, get kids, its easy.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Well first because it is an official forum which represents the company in some way. If a dog does his business right at the entrance of an hotel, the hotel is forced to clean it up. I mean I wouldn't go into a hotel which things like this right at the entrance.  

May be an absurd example and yes, the hotel can be beautiful inside however the first impression is important, right

I'm not sure how the forum policy will be when the game goes live but I'm sure there are discussion about it so I won't go into that detail either. 

Also I wouldn't mind swearing but it also leads to misunderstandings, flame wars, etc. and to be honest at this point the forum is more important than the ability to swear. 

Isn't this exactly what Crowfall is meant to be?

Not really. 
Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Isn't this exactly what Crowfall is meant to be?

Nope... they've made it abundantly clear where their priorities are right now, while reminding people that in-game rules will be a little different. 

I mean I'm assuming the majority of us are of age.... I can't really picture a 6 year old posting on here... Most people who played shadowbane etc are older ?

Another Shadowbane player hell bent on making this Shadowbane v2.  Unfortunately for you, this is not Shadowbane 2.0 this is Crowfall.  Maybe you'll learn, but given past trends I've come to accept that you won't, and it is unfortunate.

To address your topic title; these are forums for a professional company.  They can run them however they please.  If they do not want to condone profanity then deal with it.  You would not roll into a workplace forum and start cursing up a storm unless you were hell bent on being fired.

A better approach to your topic, given this is in the Suggestion Box section not the Q&A section, would be to suggest that they have a Profanity toggle with the default being Profanity Off.

[@--(o.O)@]

Because this isnt the place if you are looking for a place to reduce your frustration about your own life by beating up others and punching it right into them, if you are looking for something like this get kids.

This is probably the worst advice I've ever seen on this forum.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)