Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meowmix

Why can't we swear on the forum !?

For good or ill this is the path ACE has decided to go for their forums. Go sign up at thedregs.net and don't worry about it.

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I agree with Chancellor, let's help Urahara and correct his way.

Because this isnt the place if you are looking for a place to reduce your frustration about your own life by beating up others and punching it right into them, if you are looking for something like this get a kitten.

FIXT.

Edited by daworf

"Proud" owner of the domains : http://www.crowfall2.com and http://www.guinecean.com

Nope... they've made it abundantly clear where their priorities are right now, while reminding people that in-game rules will be a little different. 

Yep, people keep forgetting this. There will be separate rules for forums and the game.

Right now these forums are about making the game, don't need to curse and talk like a drunk truck driver to give feedback and help them make the game. If you do then I dare say your "opinions" won't be worth much anyway.

For good or ill this is the path ACE has decided to go for their forums. Go sign up at angrycrows.com and don't worry about it.

Yeah, none of us are happy about it... but it is what it is.

I've not actually seen any "support" for the choice, only people beaten into acceptance.

I think one of the major reasons why they ban swearing is simply because they want the forums to strinctly be contributing and positive for the development of the game. Swearing provides nothing productive to a conversation, its either neutrally excepted or comes across as attacking an negative, so sadly when it comes down to it instead of spending a bunch of time monitoring the forums for people crying about the negative implementations of people swearing at each other its just easier to ban it all together.

Now down the road when the game is out and the community rivalries provide something to the game development then who knows they could consider lifitng the ban and spend time monitoring. 

Until then though there is only one thing we can do go to the angry crows website....... or develop our own Crowfall Forum Swear Words!!!!!!!!!!! Let the forum thread begin!

I'll start, FLOCK YOU EVERYBODY!

Edited by Varius

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

the forums are a tool for community building.

depending on your target audience, forums will look and feel different.

"professionalism and efficiency" are words that should describe the developers, not the forums.

These forums here are to gain, maintain and entertain players. By making them feel sterile, cold and unpersonal, you're missing the mark.

Edited by freeze

Not really the same sentiment... the forum rules are for the sake of professionalism and efficiency...

I agree about the professionalism, however as Crowfall relies in part on crowdfunding and on the activity of its community to grow and improve, having very strict forum rules do not necessarily equal efficiency.

If ACE feels like the current level of involvement of the community is satisfying and sufficient to build a great game that will naturally attracts a solid PvP playerbase, then it's fine I guess.

Edited by courant101

the forums are a tool for community building.

depending on your target audience, forums will look and feel different.

"professionalism and efficiency" are words that should describe the developers, not the forums.

These forums here are to gain, maintain and entertain players. By making them feel sterile, cold and unpersonal, you're missing the mark.

Yea and you look at the games that have built the biggest communities and entertain the most players and the companies behind those games have all pushed a more respectful environment. 

The forums only seem sterile cold and unpersonal to people who want to lash out at others...

I agree about the professionalism, however as Crowfall relies in part on crowdfunding and on the activity of its community to grow and improve, having very strict forum rules do not necessarily equal efficiency.

If ACE feels like the current level of involvement of the community is satisfying and sufficient to build a great game that will naturally attracts a solid PvP playerbase, then it's fine I guess.

The rules aren't very strict though, they are pretty much generic for official game forums..

Also if we are talking specifically about crowdfunding, having a more marketable environment is infinitely better for attracting new people. 

The activity seems pretty good for a game this early in development not made by a big game studio...  Once the game launches I think people will see how small a minority actually want to bash each other on the forums... while the majority either don't care for such activity and would rather play the game, or in some cases will be heavily opposed to any forum bashing in general. 

The game isn't for everyone, and some people may think this is their game and may have projected their expectations onto it and may have a bit of a sense of entitlement, but the reality of it is this project is far bigger than them.  I have to question the experience of people that don't realize that a company in ACE's position needs to have a professional forum for their game that they are continually trying to get people to crowdfund.  Until the vision for their GAME has been compromised there is nothing to worry about, with of course getting the game made with that vision being the number one priority.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I think ACE feels that building a great game is what will do the most for attracting players. Having a site more attuned to getting feedback and making the game they want is how they are doing that.

Yea and you look at the games that have built the biggest communities and entertain the most players and the companies behind those games have all pushed a more respectful environment. 

The forums only seem sterile cold and unpersonal to people who want to lash out at others...

"This game is not for everyone"

you keep painting black and white buddy :)

Edited by freeze

"This game is not for everyone"

you keep painting black and white buddy :)

Yep this game isn't for everyone... if people truly understand that sentiment I wonder why they try so hard to fight ACE and what they want for their game? 

I think too often people have been guilty of warping their understanding of the game into thinking the game is specifically for them. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

... or develop our own Crowfall Forum Swear Words!!!!!!!!!!! Let the forum thread begin!

I'll start, FLOCK YOU EVERYBODY!

funny story:

Profanity is not allowed

The use of profanity on the forums is not allowed. Please be respectful of your fellow players, and do not use this sort of language. This includes intentionally working around the word filter or partially masking profanity by substituting characters or words. The intent will still be clear and it will be treated as prohibited profanity.

Its very loose though, I don't believe they toss out warning points/bans...

Unless I'm completely wrong and someone has...

also a 'flock' of crows is called a murder my friend.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Yep this game isn't for everyone... if people truly understand that sentiment I wonder why they try so hard to fight ACE and what they want for their game? 

I think too often people have been guilty of warping their understanding of the game into thinking the game is specifically for them. 

and then there are the people that think, that ACE can do no wrong :rolleyes:

and then there are the people that think, that ACE can do no wrong :rolleyes:

I dunno about that... I haven't seen anyone that thinks that... but I have seen people that have valid criticisms as opposed to ones that don't really do anything for the game...

I dunno about that... I haven't seen anyone that thinks that... but I have seen people that have valid criticisms as opposed to ones that don't really do anything for the game...

indeed...

there are people making fansites, wikis, podcasts, videos and much much more content

and on the other side you have these "special" people that run their mouth on the forums and, like you said, contribute absolutely nothing

Everyone likes me and thinks I’m great, in my safe space.....

People don’t judge me and haters don’t hate, in my safe space...

Bully proof windows, troll safe doors, nothing but kindness in here!

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

indeed...

there are people making fansites, wikis, podcasts, videos and much much more content

and on the other side you have these "special" people that run their mouth on the forums and, like you said, contribute absolutely nothing

Well you are entitled to your opinion but I still think you aren't quite understanding why ACE must maintain professionalism.  If people want a less professional environment they can definitely go visit places outside of the official forums.