Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meowmix

Why can't we swear on the forum !?

As the Community Director of Forum Rebellion its not that big of a deal.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

The rules aren't very strict though, they are pretty much generic for official game forums..

Also if we are talking specifically about crowdfunding, having a more marketable environment is infinitely better for attracting new people.

The activity seems pretty good for a game this early in development not made by a big game studio [...]

After thinking about it, I agree with you that the rules aren't very strict and resemble to those of comparable projects... surely more relaxed than the boards of another crowdfunded game I visit. I guess I'm nostalgic of the Hunger Week & KS period when the activity and excitement were pretty high.

Edited by courant101

After thinking about it, I agree with you that the rules aren't very strict and resemble to those of comparable projects... surely more relaxed than the boards of another crowdfunded game I visit. I guess I'm nostalgic of the Hunger Week & KS period when the activity and excitement were pretty high.

Yea that was extreme honeymoon phase for everyone...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Because they will play the game, thats why most of us are here.

So they will be in game and dont hang out as much on the forum anymore, waiting for the game to come out.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Because they will play the game, thats why most of us are here.

So they will be in game and dont hang out as much on the forum anymore, waiting for the game to come out.

If anything, when people start playing the game, there will be way more things to actually talk about and thus forumbane will increase in activity.

7ug90hM.png

There will be no forumbane here!

Can't say that for sure. Right now they want the forums to be about making the game. Once the game is made and launched it'll be about the actual game and very likely open to the political stuff many want.

Edited by pang

I'm a relentless swearer at times, but I can convey everything I need to say on these forums without a curse word. Just like I can when I'm at work. Or speaking like a calm adult.  Things escalate quickly even without them, taking them out of the forums keeps things more civil in a place (game forums in general) where civility isn't the norm. I see no problem with this. If you need your fix check out The Dregs or AngryCrows.

Can't say that for sure. Right now they want the forums to be about making the game. Once the game is made and launched it'll be about the actual game and very likely open to the political stuff many want.

I'll believe that when I see it

but thanks for the PR facilitation, thats reassuring.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I'm a relentless swearer at times, but I can convey everything I need to say on these forums without a curse word. Just like I can when I'm at work. Or speaking like a calm adult.  Things escalate quickly even without them, taking them out of the forums keeps things more civil in a place (game forums in general) where civility isn't the norm. I see no problem with this. If you need your fix check out The Dregs or AngryCrows.

Well put... I think we must look at what is most healthy for the development of the game, and not assume our personal preferences matter most of all...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I mean I'm assuming the majority of us are of age.... I can't really picture a 6 year old posting on here... Most people who played shadowbane etc are older ? I would give this forum 5 thumbs up if we could have uncensored speech haha :).

Just saying ...............

Forums with swearing and such stuff allowed can lead to things we don't want to hear about and may mentally scar us due to the things that people come up with.

Not to mention that it is likely that younger people will come on just too say silly odd weird things which mean nothing, and that'd be quiet annoying.

Not only that, it would spread like a wild fire as bait for people.

~Moonhunter @Vanyusha_Crow

Yes, because profanity is the most mentally scarring thing the internet can come up with.

I feel mentally scarred by reading the word profanity. I can never have fun again in my life now.

While the rules are strict. I agree that they are certainly not as strict like other Projects I've seen that would even censor the most basic of words.

Edited by Zola

Another Shadowbane player hell bent on making this Shadowbane v2.  Unfortunately for you, this is not Shadowbane 2.0 this is Crowfall.

Wrong again! This is Darkfall 3.0

aka honeybear

I feel mentally scarred by reading the word profanity. I can never have fun again in my life now.

While the rules are strict. I agree that they are certainly not as strict like other Projects I've seen that would even censor the most basic of words.

feel free to check out the words that go through the profanity filter. half of them aren't even profanity.