Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meowmix

Why can't we swear on the forum !?

Why isnt there just a profanity filter like in game... A check box so people can choose what they want to see or not.

Because its Pre-Alpha? and likely will be a feature to be added later just like in pretty much every other MMO. Also they've already said there are difference rules for the forums and the game (as that might be what you were really inferring to)

I don't care about profanity being filtered. But, there are a lot of non-profane words that are censored and it seems a bit ridiculous to me that in a PvP mmo that the most thin-skinned section of the community are constantly coddled to. That is why almost everyone I know in the Shadowbane community have written off Crowfall. 

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I don't care about profanity being filtered. But, there are a lot of non-profane words that are censored and it seems a bit ridiculous to me that in a PvP mmo that the most thin-skinned section of the community are constantly coddled to. That is why almost everyone I know in the Shadowbane community have written off Crowfall. 

They may be laying-low until there's something to talk about, but I can't imagine them being so weak as that!

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Sounds like the people you know aren't really the type of people that are ever going to last in a game like crowfall anyway?

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Why isnt there just a profanity filter like in game... A check box so people can choose what they want to see or not.

That's not an available option with our forum software, but there will be an optional profanity filter for the game itself. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

That's not an available option with our forum software, but there will be an optional profanity filter for the game itself. 

good and cool

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I just like to say fustercluck and school the fumbducks with assorted faux-gibberish...

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I mean I'm assuming the majority of us are of age.... I can't really picture a 6 year old posting on here... Most people who played shadowbane etc are older ? I would give this forum 5 thumbs up if we could have uncensored speech haha :).

Just saying ...............

Censoring speech or  not censoring speech has nothing to do with curse words. Its about the flow of thoughts and ideas. That and there are no expectations of free speech on private forums, the first amendment is about freedom of speech from government entities not private organizations.