Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChaseTheBarbarian

An understanding about the pre-testing

I am a bit confused and currently disappointed by how the pre-alpha testing appears to be working out.  Maybe I am wrong or overreacting but as I understand Alpha-2 access gets you access to the second pre-alpha testing. I backed as a Sapphire patron thinking that my Alpha-1 status would last longer than a few weeks of pre-testing. Does anyone know how alpha/beta access will be carried out going forward? It seems like I could have kept my pledge level at Amber and had full access to the pre-alpha testing at this point....am I understanding correctly?

I apologize if this sounds like whining but i'm a bit bummed about the extra money being spent when a huge reason I bumped up to Sapphire was the difference between Alpha 1 and Alpha 2.

Thanks for your responses in advance!

I am a bit confused and currently disappointed by how the pre-alpha testing appears to be working out.  Maybe I am wrong or overreacting but as I understand Alpha-2 access gets you access to the second pre-alpha testing. I backed as a Sapphire patron thinking that my Alpha-1 status would last longer than a few weeks of pre-testing. Does anyone know how alpha/beta access will be carried out going forward? It seems like I could have kept my pledge level at Amber and had full access to the pre-alpha testing at this point....am I understanding correctly?

I apologize if this sounds like whining but i'm a bit bummed about the extra money being spent when a huge reason I bumped up to Sapphire was the difference between Alpha 1 and Alpha 2.

Thanks for your responses in advance!

Alright look at it like this...

They are currently in the Pre-Alpha stage of testing... each time they do a new test they start from the pre-alpha backers and move through as they see fit...

The first pre-alpha they ended up needing alpha 1 testers as well.  The second pre-alpha test will need alpha 2 testers as well...

So on and so forth... but technically, once they enter alpha 1 stage of testing they may or may not need people in alpha2 for specific tests, so those people would not get in over people that had alpha 1. 

Being alpha1 you basically have priority over alpha2 access people for each test...

Even within each individual test having alpha1 will get you in before alpha2s... and technically they don't even need to let alpha2s in until they reach an actual alpha2 stage of testing. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Every time a new phase of test opens, the Pre-alpha are first invited, then when they need more people, the Alpha 1 group gets in, then Alpha 2...

Having access to Alpha 1 guarantees you that you'll be one of the first testers to enter any phase of testing, plus allows you to play for a longer duration than any other testing group beside Pre-alpha.

When a new archetype, building or feature is released, we have the privilege to try it really quickly.  :)

Well Sapphire didn't come with pre-alpha to begin with. It should be a privilege that Sapphire earned the bonus pre-alpha testing experience during the pre-alpha 1.0 test. Plus alpha 1 isn't the only thing that came with the package right?

Edited by EDM

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I agree, I was extremely excited, happy, and thankful to be a part of the test. I was concerned with the trend that now Alpha 2 is being invited into the pre-alpha testing. Which led me to believe that as the game gets more developed they would invite Alpha 3 and etc. I was just concerned that the promise of Alpha 1 status was developing to not mean what I thought it meant. I guess only time will tell.