Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baba_Yaga

The possibility of an archetype like the Teras Kasi Master?

The Templar is classed a dodge tank.

There will be more archetypes released after CF launches, assuming CF survives post-launch.  * from an interview with JTC

Centaur had unarmed combat attack(s) in Hungerdome 1.0

Unarmed combat should be available as a weapon choice and a Discipline.

Minotaur, elken and centaur all have formidable natural weapons. Hopefully all of them will be equipped with special attacks using these weapons at launch.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Confessor or templar will surely have something like the sundancer.

Neither of those classes seems a likely candidate. I'd guess frosty or duelist if anyone.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Neither of those classes seems a likely candidate. I'd guess frosty or duelist if anyone.

well, those are the two archetypes connected to fire, so I assumed Khan'xirs would fit them the most

but who knows... maybe weapon choice will actually be a thing and unarmed combat styles will be available for multiple archetypes... we'll see

Maybe the Frostweaver since elves are naturally stronger than humans in most fantasy settings (though they usually prefer more refined means of combat), but the Duelist? How does it make sense to have the ~3 foot tall rodent fight unarmed? I can much more easily see the Confessor having like a warrior monk kind of promotion. 

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Maybe the Frostweaver since elves are naturally stronger than humans in most fantasy settings (though they usually prefer more refined means of combat), but the Duelist? How does it make sense to have the ~3 foot tall rodent fight unarmed? I can much more easily see the Confessor having like a warrior monk kind of promotion.

I assume the ability to burrow is natural, thus it seems reasonable to guess that they have claws.

I assume the ability to burrow is natural, thus it seems reasonable to guess that they have claws.

Yeah, but so do moles. Just because an animal has claws doesn't mean it's dangerous. In fact, claws that are developed for digging, and claws that are developed for self defence are completely different. Human's generally don't use their finger nails as a primary weapon because even if they can be made sharp, they aren't really meant for combat.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Yeah, but so do moles. Just because an animal has claws doesn't mean it's dangerous. In fact, claws that are developed for digging, and claws that are developed for self defence are completely different. Human's generally don't use their finger nails as a primary weapon because even if they can be made sharp, they aren't really meant for combat.

I don't think that level of realism is the goal. "Has claws" is more logical than most things in fantasy games.

I don't think that level of realism is the goal. "Has claws" is more logical than most things in fantasy games.

Yes, but the thing about the duelist trying to fistfight a human (or even a centaur) is that he's going to get himself punted or trampled.

That would be pretty fun, and that kind of rigorous training also makes a lot of sense with people who might be training to survive the harshness of the Hunger.  Would be cool to see something like this after release.  Maybe like a jack-of-all trades characters that uses a little melee, a little ranged weapons and a little bit of enhancement magic.

a62683edbfc09d0373cb7494e23ef3cd3a056da3

"training to survive the harshness of the Hunger"

Nobody survives the Hunger. Fortunately, Crows are already dead.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

"training to survive the harshness of the Hunger"

Nobody survives the Hunger. Fortunately, Crows are already dead.

Fair enough, you caught me on a flaw in my wording.

a62683edbfc09d0373cb7494e23ef3cd3a056da3