Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsLoD

Das Tal: Dont sleep on this game

Not sure this is the right section... anyway I tried the game yesterday and I kinda like how it plays out. But I don't understand the logic behind it.

Is it completely sandbox? I mean, there's literally nothing to do when you start playing, or it is poorly explained.

I guess if you're playing with friends the experience is better.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Its kinda similar to the other german sandbox MMORPG with a top down view, Albion Online, which got much more attention, but in my opinion isnt automatically the better game. They were just better in marketing, and maybe using more appealing graphics.

An unsuccessful crowdfunding campaign isnt by far necessarily the end of a project, and says for sure really not too much about the potential of a project.

Look at Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen for example, their crowdfunding campaign wasnt successful as well, but they didnt give just up and now the project is going pretty well.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Das Tal really flew under the radar during its Kickstarter

That's a very nice way to say "Their Kickstarter failed to reach minimum funding for takeoff".

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Hehe. Kickstarter is hard. =D

Anyways: If anyone wants to learn more about our game there are some video explanations here: http://www.das-tal-game.com/videos

And a metric ton of recordings from the last two days of testing here: http://forum.das-tal-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1269

Alex

PS: I'm biased, I'm designing the game.

PPS: And yes, I am also a spent-way-too-much-money Crowfall and AO backer and looking forward to both games. =D

Alex. Survior of all three Shadowbane Betas. Lead Designer of Das Tal.

Not every great game comes from having a high budget or a 100-person design team. This game is worth your time to get in and just try. You'll see immediately how skill based and just plain fun it is. Albion may have more infrastructure, items/weapons, quests, city siege mechanics etc... but it in no way compares to the PvP in Das Tal. Everything is aimed, you have to lead targets, friendly fire and aimed heals. Battles are won purely out of skill.

Its worth a try trust me.

www.twitch.tv/obslod  |  www.youtube.com/obslod  | www.lordsofdeath.com

Not every great game comes from having a high budget or a 100-person design team. This game is worth your time to get in and just try. You'll see immediately how skill based and just plain fun it is. Albion may have more infrastructure, items/weapons, quests, city siege mechanics etc... but it in no way compares to the PvP in Das Tal. Everything is aimed, you have to lead targets, friendly fire and aimed heals. Battles are won purely out of skill.

Its worth a try trust me.

Sure but das tal is so far from having the production value needed to do what they want to do... it's just not going to happen...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

It's kinda like the spirit of bloodline champions on a slightly larger scale but with a much smaller budget....

Also reminds me of some of the old school greats.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAPpFICpQN8

sadly this game had a much cleaner feel to it than das tal does. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

It's kinda like the spirit of bloodline champions on a slightly larger scale but with a much smaller budget....

Also reminds me of some of the old school greats.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAPpFICpQN8

sadly this game had a much cleaner feel to it than das tal does. 

I think it's inaccurate, Bloodline Champions is a battle arena game where 2 teams of 3-5 players face each other for a few minutes on a very small map.

Doesn't seem to have much in common with this PvP open-world MMORPG, other than for the isometric view and some combat / movements elements.

I think it's inaccurate, Bloodline Champions is a battle arena game where 2 teams of 3-5 players face each other for a few minutes on a very small map.

Doesn't seem to have much in common with this PvP open-world MMORPG, other than for the isometric view and some combat / movements elements.

The mmo elements of das tal are irrelevant to the feel of the game... the game is about the  combat which is basically all aim-based attacks like bloodline champions...

The mmo elements of das tal are irrelevant to the feel of the game... the game is about the  combat which is basically all aim-based attacks like bloodline champions...

The combat may feel like BLC, but only based on this it seems incorrect to claim that Das Tal is like the spirit of BLC on a slightly larger scale.

Those are completely different games, different genres, and your feeling that they have combat similarities isn't enough imo to support this claim.

The combat may feel like BLC, but only based on this it seems incorrect to claim that Das Tal is like the spirit of BLC on a slightly larger scale.

Those are completely different games, different genres, and your feeling that they have combat similarities isn't enough imo to support this claim.

Considering that combat is pretty much the majority of what either game had going for them, and the combat gives a similar feel, imo it's enough to support the claim.

Considering that combat is pretty much the majority of what either game had going for them, and the combat gives a similar feel, imo it's enough to support the claim.

I agree that the combat felt pretty similar, based on what I've seen in a few PvP videos. Das Tal aims to offer way more than just combat though, so if they achieve to include some MMO elements inspired of SB / UO / DF / GW2 on top of the BLC combat, I think it should be pretty good.

Edited by courant101

I agree that the combat felt pretty similar, based on what I've seen in a few PvP videos. Das Tal aims to offer way more than just combat though, so if they achieve to include some MMO elements inspired of SB / UO / DF / GW2 on top of the BLC combat, I think it should be pretty good.

Yea well that may be what they aim for... but what a company aims for and what their game actually is are often very different.  I don't believe they will achieve much in regards to an mmo... I also don't believe they have the quality and/or budget to get their combat down pat...

I think there was another das tal thread before on these forums... game still sits in the same spot imo... nice ideas that i'd like to see a quality studio try to tackle...