Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsLoD

Das Tal: Dont sleep on this game

Just wanted to chime in to agree -- Das Tal is absolutely fun as hell. And they have a fantastic community-centered dev team who love to really get in the trenches with players, and get feedback.

The game obviously is still in development, to flesh out the ideas and get the broader meta-stuff going -- but the absolute core combat gameplay is just awesome.

aS52sKM.jpg

Btw: I'd love to hear from people who've played both DT and CF on what they like about both games and where they differ (as far as we can judge that in such an early state).

Alex. Survior of all three Shadowbane Betas. Lead Designer of Das Tal.

Btw: I'd love to hear from people who've played both DT and CF on what they like about both games and where they differ (as far as we can judge that in such an early state).

​Not sure if you even want to compare both games. It's like comparing D3 to Starcraft, just because they may have similar camera modes.

​I think a comparison between DT and Albion Online is preferable. ;)

​Never played any of them, though. They don't seem very.. engaging.

Edited by Qbs

​Not sure if you even want to compare both games. It's like comparing D3 to Starcraft, just because they may have similar camera modes.

Qbs, it sounds like you're probably still unfamiliar with the scope of what exactly Das Tal is. The similarities between Das Tal and Crowfall are actually stunningly similar, hence dbltnk's question above to compare them. Both games are PvP sandboxes, both games are about resource warfare alongside PvP warfare, etc. But the similarities even extend to things like both games having time-boxed servers, which introduces actual victory conditions, etc. So dbltnk's question is a perfectly legitimate one. The analogy of comparing Diablo3 to Starcraft isn't quite right, because those games are apples and oranges. Das Tal and Crowfall are not apples and oranges -- they're like two very similar overall visions, but executed in two different ways. One is a 3D traditional-styled MMORPG (Crowfall), while the other takes the same meta-sandbox themes, but executes it with more of a MOBA-style camera angle and combat.

Edited by theomancer

aS52sKM.jpg

Congrats to your successful funds raising of 300.000€.

I really wish you the best.

Your game is interesting and its more promising than this Albion game.

http://www.newsslash.com/n/7304-das-tal-dairytale-distillery-sammelt-300-000-euro-frisches-kapital-ein

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I tried to access the game with one of those keys yesterday but the servers were full and had long waiting queues. I guess they didn't expect such a high traffic of players on day one (the power of freebies!). I'll try again this week. I'm usually not a fan of the isometric view but everything else about the game sounds interesting.

interesting concepts. fair degree of overlap with CF's ideas to a point - different style obviously.

ALSO FIRST TIP > SOLD

My6sygz.png

WANT TO BUY FOR CROWFALL 

I like das tal, I commend the devs behind it for sticking with it and adding more and more to the game, I just don't feel the budget is there to make it stick, but the concepts are awesome. 

And yea I want true interaction on all spells friend or foe... I don't think crowfall will have this in the end but I can hope that it becomes a switch they can turn on and off. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

It can be an addictive game. I admit I got a little tired of the isometric view combat after a while though, it's just a matter of personal preference really. I like up close and personal. But combat definitely requires skill. If you're careless you can end up hitting yourself and your team mates more than the enemy in the course of a fight. A lot of kiting going around. 

The fact that it's full pvp without any safe zones (not even in settlements), full loot, full friendly fire... and yet the community seems to be very mature. There's actually some kind of "unspoken truce" going on in settlements as people don't usually attack each other there - although fights do break up occasionally. 

Only thing missing appears to be siege weapons. I think fights for settlements use the same king of the hill system they have going on POIs. I don't know, I haven't joined one of those yet. 

interesting concepts. fair degree of overlap with CF's ideas to a point - different style obviously.

ALSO FIRST TIP > SOLD

My6sygz.png

WANT TO BUY FOR CROWFALL 

Re: Bloodline Champions.

For what it's worth, the devs confirmed they drew the combat model from BLC, and they were big fans of the game.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

So interestingly enough I thought das tal had great concepts but wouldn't have the funding or dev team to have good enough polish.

It seems like Hero's Song (John Smedley's new game studio project) might actually be a lot like das tal with a different art style but more polish and quality put into it. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

In truth I'm not interested, but happened I had an update about this game.

It is now called The Exiled and you can get a free 7-day trials on steam.

Just to let you know

(source mmo.it)

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

This game turned out so bad, honestly, they need to redo everything graphically and update animations, it just looks and plays quite horribly. Pretty sure that with some other fixes would add a bit more players to the game. Not saying graphics are everything but rofl

krevra.png