Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drakiis

The Knights Of Glory And Beer

We play many games....we are always looking to be competitive, and flexible.

I do like the idea of being competitive and flexible. I can't expect anyone to pick a single game and stick with it and play nothing else. Just a mere observation on my part. I'll be looking at this guild later in the future once the game shapes up more. :D

KBG!

Glad to see you're still around.   I've been out of the mmo scene for a long while.

Legacy Clans like ours never die, we only get older and meaner  :angry:

I do like the idea of being competitive and flexible. I can't expect anyone to pick a single game and stick with it and play nothing else. Just a mere observation on my part. I'll be looking at this guild later in the future once the game shapes up more. :D

Well we are not a heavy recruiting guild until we actually enter the game in question, but if someone is that hell bent to join us we never turn down a chance to get to know someone new.

Legacy Clans like ours never die, we only get older and meaner  :angry:

Well we are not a heavy recruiting guild until we actually enter the game in question, but if someone is that hell bent to join us we never turn down a chance to get to know someone new.

Friday nights are as always, drunken PvP nights on TS3. Right now that drunken PvP happens to be AA ship stomping and trade pack gank fests.

Wow, great to see the KGB here and so many old names!

Ashen Temper

aka Sir Crypt of the KGB (Retired, UO)

Hey Sean, you should come back we could get KGB rolling for Crowfall.

Damn wish I could find the old UO pictures circa 1997-98 of the deer antler hat KGB zergs... sadly lost, but not forgotten. Sean any old picks of us / them back in the day? Send em my way if you can find.

Hey Sean, you should come back we could get KGB rolling for Crowfall.

Yeah, I heard you mentioned on a podcast, actually. Excited to see some of the old PvP guilds looking to get into the action and see what new ones we have to school ;)

Damn wish I could find the old UO pictures circa 1997-98 of the deer antler hat KGB zergs... sadly lost, but not forgotten. Sean any old picks of us / them back in the day? Send em my way if you can find.

Hmmm, I might have some on an old harddrive somewhere. I tried to keep a lot of that. When I get back home, I'll look around (at a volleyball tournament this weekend).

Yeah, I heard you mentioned on a podcast, actually. Excited to see some of the old PvP guilds looking to get into the action and see what new ones we have to school ;)

Hmmm, I might have some on an old harddrive somewhere. I tried to keep a lot of that. When I get back home, I'll look around (at a volleyball tournament this weekend).

Good to see you both again, currently KGB is debating the overall sincerity of the promises here, and the viability of the game and what usually happens with most prefunding game companies.  We are pretty tired of broken promises and wild money grabs, assurances are few and far between these days in MMO land

Good to see you both again, currently KGB is debating the overall sincerity of the promises here, and the viability of the game and what usually happens with most prefunding game companies.  We are pretty tired of broken promises and wild money grabs, assurances are few and far between these days in MMO land

Definitely understandable. Having been on both sides of that fence, I can relate in many ways. Normally, I'm pretty "I'll believe it when I see it" but considering it is Todd and Gordon, I am giving this one a bit of a benefit of the doubt. But time will tell. Hopefully it ends up being a great game and would be fantastic to see the KGB in action (here).

Ashen, if you showed up at our door step telling us about Ashenfall, a hardcore PvP MMO, we would react in a similar manner. It is not that we don't trust you (or Todd and Gordon), it is that a lot can be "lost in translation" by the time something is released.

Alright, I lied, we would trust you a bit more. After all, you didn't release Trammel.

Ashen, if you showed up at our door step telling us about Ashenfall, a hardcore PvP MMO, we would react in a similar manner. It is not that we don't trust you (or Todd and Gordon), it is that a lot can be "lost in translation" by the time something is released.

Alright, I lied, we would trust you a bit more. After all, you didn't release Trammel.

haha, funny that you bring that up. I always threaten people with the idea that when I do come back to the game industry (once my daughter is off to college and I can be more frivolous) that I would make my old War of the Gods scenario I was armchair designing on my old site which was basically my spiritual successor of Shadowbane with a lot of lessons learned (from SB and other games).

To your point, though, I would hope people would be a bit untrusting. While I love a good fanboi, they are the ones who get the most upset when things are not way the mentally envisioned (and they never are the way we "see" them) and feel the most betrayed. I plan on doing a little bit of a write-up about Crowfall in an effort to help get the word out a bit more and see if we can get the Caravan stretch goal which is, by far, the one I'm most excited about. But even in that write-up, I plan on being very upfront with the fact that this is not the Game of Games and that there are things I'd probably do different (but also point out the fact that every designer is like that, lol!) and things that do concern me. But, at the end of the day, grumpy jaded gamer that I am, while not going full fanboi on Crowfall, it has brought a glimmer of hope to get a great combat game that is more than just a gankfest. And while I'll walk forward carefully, I am walking forward :)

Long post is long, I know.

haha, funny that you bring that up. I always threaten people with the idea that when I do come back to the game industry (once my daughter is off to college and I can be more frivolous) that I would make my old War of the Gods scenario I was armchair designing on my old site which was basically my spiritual successor of Shadowbane with a lot of lessons learned (from SB and other games).

To your point, though, I would hope people would be a bit untrusting. While I love a good fanboi, they are the ones who get the most upset when things are not way the mentally envisioned (and they never are the way we "see" them) and feel the most betrayed. I plan on doing a little bit of a write-up about Crowfall in an effort to help get the word out a bit more and see if we can get the Caravan stretch goal which is, by far, the one I'm most excited about. But even in that write-up, I plan on being very upfront with the fact that this is not the Game of Games and that there are things I'd probably do different (but also point out the fact that every designer is like that, lol!) and things that do concern me. But, at the end of the day, grumpy jaded gamer that I am, while not going full fanboi on Crowfall, it has brought a glimmer of hope to get a great combat game that is more than just a gankfest. And while I'll walk forward carefully, I am walking forward :)

Long post is long, I know.

So Ashen, do you still run a blog or site like you used to or are these "armchair" musings in your down time?  We all imagine great games, but some of us rarely are able to act on it.  With the people you've met and worked with I wouldn't be surprised to see "War of the Gods" at some point, perhaps even as a campaign rule set for Crowfall, your experience in Shadowbane would probably fuel a great many ideas for Crowfall, hells there are many of us grumpy jaded gamers of yore that have a combined accumulated pvp knowledge base that would rival any Devs