Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drakiis

The Knights Of Glory And Beer

Got any videos with 'tears of sini'? I demand to see some dirtnaps!

Not unless your name is in any of our finely edited videos showing nothing but the death and destruction of our enemies.

Dear Anti, as usual, you deeply disappointed me by failing to deliver. You won't be getting a Christmas card from me this year and I am dis-inviting you from KGB frolicking and pajama cuddle party.

Edited by Sinij

Dear Anti, as usual, you deeply disappointed me by failing to deliver. You won't be getting a Christmas card from me this year.

Do you at least have a JetStar dirtnap on record?

That is unacceptable and I'll have you know that if I don't receive that Christmas card you will be more KOS than you normally would.

That is unacceptable and I'll have you know that if I don't receive that Christmas card you will be more KOS than you normally would.

Ever heard of a KGB frolicking and pajama cuddle party crasher?

Bring your feety pajamas, you know the ones with the kittens chasing rainbows through the lollipop forest on them, we like pillow fighting before watching Hanna Montana.

EZgFne1.png

Anyone can maybe tell me what I need to do in order to be able to start a top in the guild section?

Start a new topic on the right side of the page where all the topics are listed, but whatever you do don't click the red button marked lama.

EZgFne1.png

Bring your feety pajamas, you know the ones with the kittens chasing rainbows through the lollipop forest on them, we like pillow fighting before watching Hanna Montana.

Anti has an EK-themed pajamas? How cuuutte! *cuddles*

So Ashen, do you still run a blog or site like you used to or are these "armchair" musings in your down time?  We all imagine great games, but some of us rarely are able to act on it.  With the people you've met and worked with I wouldn't be surprised to see "War of the Gods" at some point, perhaps even as a campaign rule set for Crowfall, your experience in Shadowbane would probably fuel a great many ideas for Crowfall, hells there are many of us grumpy jaded gamers of yore that have a combined accumulated pvp knowledge base that would rival any Devs

I have to lol first... was reading the rest of this topic and it took an interesting direction. Oh forumbane, there are days I miss you!

I fear I have been super negligent of my site for the last few years. At first that was on purpose. But I do want to start it back up (or rather it's been up but I need to dust it off and start using it again). My plan has been to try and jump back in the game industry once my daughter is well off into college (which really isn't that far away... eek!) and my dream is to make WotG a reality (although probably come up with a better name). 

I have been playing some MMOs over the years but mainly just as something online to do with friends. But I have to admit, between going through old design docs and reading some of the stuff on Crowfall, it has started to rejuvenate my love of MMOs and I've been dusting off some of these docs and updating them with things learned over the years. And I have a long flight coming up soon which will be a perfect opportunity for doing this, heh.

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!

Ashen, I'd be scarred of having to sell my dream out. That is unless I can fund the entirety of development by myself, or somehow get funding without any strings attached I wouldn't put my dreams on the line.

Ashen, I'd be scarred of having to sell my dream out. That is unless I can fund the entirety of development by myself, or somehow get funding without any strings attached I wouldn't put my dreams on the line.

That is definitely the challenge and why I believe Todd and Gordon are going the crowdfunding route. It wouldn't be that hard for them to get a big publisher to back them but any time that happens, to your point, there is a good chance they'll want some, ahem, design input. Getting it through angel investors and crowd funding alleviates that, a lot (or so I would imagine). 

But yeah, it is a big step and can be quick shaky unless you have a really good foundation beneath you.

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!

I have to lol first... was reading the rest of this topic and it took an interesting direction. Oh forumbane, there are days I miss you!

As you well know there is never a shortage of trolling amongst the pvp crowd, what I usually find surprises people most is when I tell them I also respect those who move within the pvp-centric communities more then any other type of gamer, because I know they think like I do, even the wack job fruity pebbles pvper is still levels above a common mmo quest grinding cosplay stay at home nerd dad.

Nobody sets out to do that willingly, but it can happen, ya see Ashen within KGB at this very moment is a dynamic divergence between those who are willing to crowd fund and those like Sinji who are not.  So what you should note here is Sinji is saying don't crowd fund pipe dreams, yet don't sell out your dream, it is a double edged sword, and very hippocratic because in Sinji's world no game would ever get made unless you won the 200 million dollar lotto and could fund yourself. 

That is definitely the challenge and why I believe Todd and Gordon are going the crowdfunding route. It wouldn't be that hard for them to get a big publisher to back them but any time that happens, to your point, there is a good chance they'll want some, ahem, design input. Getting it through angel investors and crowd funding alleviates that, a lot (or so I would imagine). 

But yeah, it is a big step and can be quick shaky unless you have a really good foundation beneath you.

While am skeptical that crowd funding delivers on it's promises and hate how the industry promises things they cannot deliver, and I dislike the idea that alpha and betas are now a commodity to be used for marketing and exclusive access for short windows of time (beta weekends etc.) I do feel that having kickstarters are good for the growth of the industry overall because it exposes people to many possibilities and creates a online dialog where all gamers ideas and desires can be heard.  I remember when earning a beta spot had meaning, because you had to apply and have a good track record for finding bugs and adhering to the overall design goals during that testing.  I explained to a kid the other day what "Pathing" and "Collision" was, and he told me that when he "Beta" tests a game he just plays it like he normally would just sooner than everyone else.

EZgFne1.png

I wondered how long it would take Ashen to show up and post something that his love toy could quote.

Edited by Tasorin