Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Are we Shadowbane players going to

239 members have voted

1. 1. Will you put your differences aside?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other - Posted

I can put my differences aside as long as you were not a member of the Evil Bastages on the Vengeance server years ago. Members of EB need to burn.

I pulled my nations shield out of retirement just for this!

Actually Im hoping the technology out there now will give us the kind of game Shadowbane should have been long ago. SB was a really good game, but it was ahead of its time and didnt quite work as well as we all wish it did.

I would love to play with all the old guilds again in a new SB type game, even my former enemies....*sigh*

Galahad

Former Guildmaster

KoA Nation

Deception Server

Vengeance Server

Playing on EMU and Magicbane I found myself playing with people I never would have played with before. The only thing I wouldn't play with is the Asian contingent. Not too thrilled with their zerg mentality. Other then that. Who cares. As long as the people are knowledgeable and cool

well we managed to do it in Darkfall, when everyone realized that it's a nutcupping world out there...

result was that we crushed absolutely everyone, so why not do it again if it turns out like that

Most SB players, even old rivals, can work astonishingly well together under the same banner, and then later go right back to being the biggest of rivals when they are again on different sides.  Those of us that still consider ourselves SB players likely have played on the same side at one point or other, its not like there's that many still kicking around . . . .

Burn

X88mIYV.jpg

I didnt play Shadowbane. So yes!

I dont hold grudges anymore. You can kill me ten times and I still wont hold a grudge. I will just avoid you or fight you or whatnot.

What you missed in Shadowbane was it was not about just getting killed, you can loose quite a bit more in that game. 

Team X Gaming

RoFL/GC/HoE

Killing people that I remember from Shadowbane would likely be the highlight of this game. 

Things I miss most in my gaming life:

1) Forumbane

2) Getting Powerleveled

5) Killing people for no reason

^^ I NEED to kill people for no reason! I've been having withdrawals for years. Nothing has helped. :(

Cannot believe I finally found other people who played (play?) Shadowbane. I thought it died long ago but maybe not. I still remember watching Victory burn /sadface. As far as enemies go..uhh in my guild at the time our biggest enemies were Warrior Nation. I suppose since I recently joined WN after Wildstars release I can't hold too many grudges.

Solitaire

Cannot believe I finally found other people who played (play?) Shadowbane. I thought it died long ago but maybe not. 

You can easily refresh your memories about Shadowbane in 2 ways (google it):

Magicbane.com

shadowbaneemulator.com 

Where has it been said that this will be a remake of this SB game? I mean I had never heard of that game, and heard about this project from people that also never heard from SB, but you guys all seem to know each other and assume this is a remake of that game.

Am I missing something? 

(to be fair, the way you guys talk about the game does make me interested in SB^^)

^^ I NEED to kill people for no reason! I've been having withdrawals for years. Nothing has helped. :(

Well, in games likes MO or DFO i engage in combat only where i'm attacked, sometimes i engage myself if i find a gatherer in the wild or someone geared, but only if i can full loot him since i risk my stuff too (for full loot i mean everything, from gear to backpack).

Otherwise attacking someone just to kill him is boring and have no meaning at all, i risk nothing and i gain nothing. Useless.

Archduchess Alice

Where has it been said that this will be a remake of this SB game? I mean I had never heard of that game, and heard about this project from people that also never heard from SB, but you guys all seem to know each other and assume this is a remake of that game.

Am I missing something? 

(to be fair, the way you guys talk about the game does make me interested in SB^^)

shadowbane is the greatest game ever created which is why we are hoping this is basically shadowbane 2 (Todd Coleman same guy who did shadowbane). if your interested check out sbemulator.com. 

Am I missing something? 

While we don't know for sure, the description of the style of game posted by Todd lines up very well with the ideals that Shadowbane was built on. It also helps that he also was the co-founder of the studio that made Shadowbane, Wolfpack Studios.

While Shadowbane came out almost 12 years ago(in march), it is has maintained a smallish but dedicated community so many of us have known each other for years. Generally most of that time was spent as enemies.

Since the description of the game does line up with SB so well, a lot of really old SB players and guilds are showing up which has a lot of people excited.

C4sIZDW.gif