Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Are we Shadowbane players going to

239 members have voted

1. 1. Will you put your differences aside?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other - Posted

If your guild was written on "the list" I see no reason to take them off that list now :) Old grudges are some of the best ones.

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

Where has it been said that this will be a remake of this SB game? I mean I had never heard of that game, and heard about this project from people that also never heard from SB, but you guys all seem to know each other and assume this is a remake of that game.

Am I missing something? 

(to be fair, the way you guys talk about the game does make me interested in SB^^)

You can say, all shadowane players always wanted a game like shadowbane was/is. I can tell you, shadowbane was one of the 1st mmo's i played. And since that time i compare every mmo i play with shadowbane. Guess what, when i compared them, every mmo sucked. [there was some good ones also] but Shadowbane was one of the best. It was so much ahead of its time and it really could have big future. Too bad, it didnt happen. 

Todd and his team are like saviors to whole shadowbane community. We wished for a game based on shadowbane concept so long. I am sure Todd and his crew knows how boring all the mmo's have become. They want to bring the shadowbane/ua/darkfall concept back.

So many studios promised change in mmo genre, but all failed miserably. Todd is our last hope. In Todd, we trust. 

I fully intend on asspounding the likes of any group starfail/cuptalk scrubs are with if they choose to abandon goofybane and play this when it comes out. No ifs ands or buts about it, old grudges aint disappearing just cause its an updated battlefield

Waste Management

Ventrilo info: Carbon.typefrag.com 8165 pw Tootdat

the logical thing is that the developers make an asian/chinese server/servers for ping purposes alone, but if it ends up being china and NA/EU on the same server you can bet with 100 percent certainty it will turn out just like shadowbanes quasi 'racewars', which pretty much screwed the game totally and completely since it stifled politics.

Waste Management

Ventrilo info: Carbon.typefrag.com 8165 pw Tootdat

the logical thing is that the developers make an asian/chinese server/servers for ping purposes alone, but if it ends up being china and NA/EU on the same server you can bet with 100 percent certainty it will turn out just like shadowbanes quasi 'racewars', which pretty much screwed the game totally and completely since it stifled politics.

Pretty much the truth. Never was fun fighting in those.

C4sIZDW.gif

While we don't know for sure, the description of the style of game posted by Todd lines up very well with the ideals that Shadowbane was built on. It also helps that he also was the co-founder of the studio that made Shadowbane, Wolfpack Studios.

While Shadowbane came out almost 12 years ago(in march), it is has maintained a smallish but dedicated community so many of us have known each other for years. Generally most of that time was spent as enemies.

Since the description of the game does line up with SB so well, a lot of really old SB players and guilds are showing up which has a lot of people excited.

And the community is really in for it when all the sb board warrior's start.

I'd suggest getting some rounded active devs bc once this ticking bomb goes off they are gona be busy.

The integral sec y dy from zero to one-sixth of pi is log to base e of the square root of three times the sixty-fourth power of i = Astrophysics Black Guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirohito

rmtUNI0.png

Well, in games likes MO or DFO i engage in combat only where i'm attacked, sometimes i engage myself if i find a gatherer in the wild or someone geared, but only if i can full loot him since i risk my stuff too (for full loot i mean everything, from gear to backpack).

Otherwise attacking someone just to kill him is boring and have no meaning at all, i risk nothing and i gain nothing. Useless.

Sounds like you didn't play Shadowbane because there was consequences for attacking or not attacking random people. The towns in the world of Shadowbane were built and owned by the players which *cough* took long hours and weeks to build *cough*. Your actions or non actions as the case may be played a role in the politics of the server and whether some other guild would come along and want to destroy your town. Not attacking random players = carebear in Shadowbane and made you an instant target for just about every PK guild on the server, with them possibly destroying your city. Attacking that random player = PKer and made you and your guild the enemy of every carebear guild on the server and wanting to rip your cities down. So in games like SB where the players shaped the land and the politics everything had meaning including randomly killing someone or not killing them.

Yes.  Although, I would characterize it as an educated guess.

Going by the advice Todd Coleman put in his Shadowban/Wizard 101 thread for Wizard players I would say it was more than an educated guess that Crowfall would be very similar to Shadowbane:

My advice: 

Shadowbane folks: some of the Wizard folks haven't played a game like this before.  Some of them will hate it.  Some of them will love it.  Please don't be asshats and scare them off before they have a chance to figure out which group they fall into.

Wizard folks: some of the Shadowbane people can be abrasive.  They're also some of the most passionate, skilled gamers that you'll ever meet, and playing with them can be an absolute blast.

You can say, all shadowane players always wanted a game like shadowbane was/is. I can tell you, shadowbane was one of the 1st mmo's i played. And since that time i compare every mmo i play with shadowbane. Guess what, when i compared them, every mmo sucked. [there was some good ones also] but Shadowbane was one of the best. It was so much ahead of its time and it really could have big future. Too bad, it didnt happen. 

Todd and his team are like saviors to whole shadowbane community. We wished for a game based on shadowbane concept so long. I am sure Todd and his crew knows how boring all the mmo's have become. They want to bring the shadowbane/ua/darkfall concept back.

So many studios promised change in mmo genre, but all failed miserably. Todd is our last hope. In Todd, we trust. 

Todd 2016?

The integral sec y dy from zero to one-sixth of pi is log to base e of the square root of three times the sixty-fourth power of i = Astrophysics Black Guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirohito

rmtUNI0.png