Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Are we Shadowbane players going to

239 members have voted

1. 1. Will you put your differences aside?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other - Posted

Everytime I see Crowfall, it looks like Crowfail then I have to squint my eyes and relook at it to make sure I am not reading it wrong. lol.

As for the poll, got faith in the SB community to see differences remain differences.

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Where has it been said that this will be a remake of this SB game? I mean I had never heard of that game, and heard about this project from people that also never heard from SB, but you guys all seem to know each other and assume this is a remake of that game.

Am I missing something? 

(to be fair, the way you guys talk about the game does make me interested in SB^^)

None of us really know for sure what this new game is, but when it was first announced they used Play 2 Crush which is how Shadowbane was described when it came out too. I just dont believe that is a coincidence.

Galahad of KoA's post about EB gave me a good chuckle. It's good to see some people keeping the flame alive from the past. I myself will probably continue to oppose Knights of Glory and Beer if they migrate here, and maybe even QFT. But definitely KGB. The Chinese will also have to go if they start to form their mega beehive collective on this game.

Funny you should mention KGB. We had a odd relationship with them.They did a good job of playing all sides and pretending to be friendly with us for a long while and our interactions with their nation made us start to wonder what the heck was even going on with them since things they did sometimes just didnt make any sense. They were still a good aligned nation so we tried to make the best of our relationship with them. At the time EB was slowly taking out everyone with KoA and KGB being the two biggest nations to stand in the way. Eventually one day KGB bitched out and secretly sided with EB behind our backs and everything went downhill from there. We never really saw that coming since EB was literally about as evil as you could get in a game and groups like KGB and KoA were actively fighting against that so even though we thought KGB was a little shady we never thought they would literally ally with the biggest griefer guild on the server against us. I used to give EB crap for their playstyle because I always believed it slowly chased people out of the game and was one factor in the downfall of Shadowbane, but I have more respect for them than I ever will a two faced guild like KGB.

While we don't know for sure, the description of the style of game posted by Todd lines up very well with the ideals that Shadowbane was built on. It also helps that he also was the co-founder of the studio that made Shadowbane, Wolfpack Studios.

While Shadowbane came out almost 12 years ago(in march), it is has maintained a smallish but dedicated community so many of us have known each other for years. Generally most of that time was spent as enemies.

Since the description of the game does line up with SB so well, a lot of really old SB players and guilds are showing up which has a lot of people excited.

the play to crush was also a big hint (or epic troll, touché todd)

X6RBqg7.gif

set aside all of differences and start over with a new slate in this game?

Lets be honest here for a minutes. We as Shadowbane players are unpleasant people. 

Are you guys willing to put aside your difference with people or guilds you dislike to make the game enjoyable?

Are you willing to put them aside and enter the game on a clean slate?

This guy gets it. 

This is a new chance at a new community... don't come in here and pick up where you left off... look only forward to a new experience.

zjsbjmn.png

This guy gets it. 

This is a new chance at a new community... don't come in here and pick up where you left off... look only forward to a new experience.

A lot of these guilds have played against each other in other MMOs as well, the one thing that doesn't change are the old feuds. But in reality, its all fun and sports, don't take it too seriously or you'll start losing hairs. In secret we love each other, but we just love to hate each other more.

I fully intend on asspounding the likes of any group starfail/cuptalk scrubs are with if they choose to abandon goofybane and play this when it comes out. No ifs ands or buts about it, old grudges aint disappearing just cause its an updated battlefield

Toot Dat.

Why don't we wait for the actual game to start before you label us as not true warriors?  ;)

Well, the whiners and worriers (oh, noes, PVP!) are not making anyone's case look too solid, at the moment.

What is even funnier is the lack of reading comprehension being exhibited by some. There's enough info posted already to make the logical conclusions on what this project will be and where it could be heading.

Some of the 101ers got it twisted. We don't need a new community.

We just need a place, like here (forumbane), to fight.

Play to crush.

This guy gets it. 

Here's the thing.  While I love Handies, as I do all of my subjects, there was an error in his original premise that putting aside our differences would make the game more enjoyable for us.  That may, or may not be the case.  What made SB fun, for many SBers, were the rivalries developed in and out of the game for years, that's also something that's bringing many of us back to this game now despite the fact that a lot of us are well, old.

Shadowbane was a pretty cutthroat game and a great deal of that pvp was derived from trolling each other on the forums or in game, rolling noob groups and just being disagreeable folk in general, it was a typical day to troll someone on the forums in hopes that they'll camp your town or throw down a bane.  So in that regard, there's no real reason to have a "clean slate", we're not necessarily gaining anything from it.

Now, being a magnanimous ruler, I am always accepting new supplicants so I'm very much looking forward to the social interaction between players of all backgrounds.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

Why don't we wait for the actual game to start before you label us as not true warriors?  ;)

I appreciate your post, but if I may pose a question, does the general SBer attitude that you Wizard folk are inferior, in any way make you want to disprove that theory?  I mean, does it make you want to run out and PVP against us to wipe the smug looks off our faces?

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

What made SB fun, for many SBers, were the rivalries developed in and out of the game for years, that's also something that's bringing many of us back to this game now despite the fact that a lot of us are well, old.

You just had to bring up the part about being old...

You just had to bring up the part about being old...

Yeah, I know and I apologize...but it needed to be said and I can't rightly maintain my royal status if I'm not willing to make the tough decisions.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili