chet

A contemplation for all SB veterans

The Shadowbane community is one comprised of a playerbase with an average age approaching thirty to forty, whose careers and real-life obligations often end up taking precedence over competitive gaming. Owing to this, Shadowbane players are at an inherent disadvantage time-wise when compared to newer generations of players, which is a potential issue for both individual players and groups of players interested in competitiveness in Crowfall. Dependent on the grind, players might be forced to devote more time than possible to maintain an even-footing grind-wise with groups or guilds made up of younger players. To combat this, it makes sense for Shadowbane veterans to collectively forge a series of alliances prior to the release of the game. Doing so would mitigate time constraints felt by the mostly adult playerbase, in addition to affording groups of players the manpower required for defense against attackers, and increasing guild longevity by way of staving off burn-out. The grind of a new game can be exceedingly difficult to keep up with; gigantic alliances from other titles could monopolize various aspects in-game.

While the game is still a ways from being completed and openly playable to the masses, these considerations are important to ponder in the present rather than just the future; being caught off guard upon release would be problematic to a large percentage of the playerbase. Many guilds will find major difficulties attempting to combat the likely massive alliances constructed on the part of the collective players from other games. For instance, alliances in Eve Online have reached into the thousands and often easily into the hundreds. In Shadowbane, the release of the game was marked by massive alliances which are essentially the natural order of things in an open player vs. player game based on conquest and victory. Guilds or players who refused to take part ended up with a lack of ability to progress, or sieged off of the map itself. Therefore, Shadowbane guilds intent on playing Crowfall both casually and competitively should consider the benefits of the pre-emptive establishment of an intra-Shadowbane player alliance.

Yea, the 20-40 player SB guilds are most likely not going to cut it. The probelm is after more than a decade of poorly made socks talking and backstabbing we all pretty much hate each other. It would take some serious setting aside of egos and a charismatic leader to bring us all together.

Yea, the 20-40 player SB guilds are most likely not going to cut it. The probelm is after more than a decade of poorly made socks talking and backstabbing we all pretty much hate each other. It would take some serious setting aside of egos and a charismatic leader to bring us all together.

I think a small guild would work if they know the game well.  Like another guild I knew a long time ago that busted zergs in our beloved shut down game.  I will say politics have evolved a lot since back then.  Some of the beds out there are just to small for the people jumping in them these days.

Houston Fence Mending Drinking Roundtable.

Karbache Brewery. 

11/20/2015 5pm till ?

Takers?

If it was the weekend after that weekend maybe!  I would bring my Shadowbane mug too.  Yes, I have one.

Some singular entity of all SB players is not something anyone should wish to bring about pre-release. I advocate a pledge of mutual assistance against massive zerg threats, or whatever necessary to prevent being overrun by similar looming dangers.

Destroying the sovereignty of guilds would be a total hindrance. Guilds must be able to act independently and take their own initiative, otherwise they are not really guilds. Players should simply understand the potential threats posed by gigantic conglomerate entities that can enter the game from the start, or form afterwards. Recognition of the threats such entities pose is paramount; the mentality of "us against all others" held by some groups of players past and present is just non-viable when being assailed by a 250 player force. Forces of such a size are not at all outside the realm of possibility in a game predicated on total warfare which includes politics.

I was Battle Commander for Redemption on Treachery and Morning-- In Darkfall I commanded a siege with the remnants of CoS (PRX)-- if we could put aside our differences anyone could...

I think it's a wonderful idea for some of the more passionate sb fans to create a megazerg and see how they fare in crowfall. 

megazergmegazergmegazergmegazergmegazergmegazergmegazergmegazergmegazergmegazergmegazergmegazergmegazergmegazergmegazergmegazerg

Max player restrictions on a per CW bases will force large guilds to divide their forces over multiple CW's. Also with the passive skill lvling people with no life aren't rewarded as much as in other games. Valid concerns though. I vote we call our alliance "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"

Edited by KRIPTIK