Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chet

A contemplation for all SB veterans

The fact that you're referring to the situation with "CN" as evidence of your assertion that western guilds didn't have their poorly made socks together tells me that you basically started playing long after most of them were already gone :P.

Hi Lindorn!!

Yeah, its interesting to see these "Shadowbane old farts" talk about an era of Shadowbane well past what I'd consider its glory days, when populations were peeked.  They don't know what it was like when you couldn't respec a character, banes were not set in nice little windows, and anti-teleportation towers didn't exist. 

Calling a guild a "Shadowbane" guild at this point is pointless.  If they have survived this long they have been in every MMO before or since Shadowbane and have drawn from all of that experience.  We'll have a huge advantage early on because we're all pre-established and proven.  We can start from day one as a single mind.  We will conduct ongoing threat assessments and adjust for victory as necessary, as we always have.  To stand up now and attempt to unite in fear of an enemy that does not exist yet is landlubber cowardice. 

Not to stray too far from the topic but Lindorn is correct.  Uniting into an Alliance is not something that can be done easily.  There is a vast amount of conflicting interests and values.  The only successful alliance will be one that is formed inside the game due to a need and common goal.  Forming an alliance without a definitive need is similar to trying to form a guild for a game that doesn't exist.  It's doomed to fail.

Maj, Keeper of Da Plank - The Shipwrecked Pirates

Holy poorly made socks - lot of names in this thread I haven't thought about in a long time.

This is all interesting but until everyone has a firmer grasp on how all of the final mechanics work in this game (i.e. effectiveness of large numbers) this is all speculation at this point.  I'd always prefer to remain frenemies with the old SB gang for nostalgia's sake.

Edited by Capitulation

QFT

Holy poorly made socks - lot of names in this thread I haven't thought about in a long time.

This is all interesting but until everyone has a firmer grasp on how all of the final mechanics work in this game (i.e. effectiveness of large numbers) this is all speculation at this point.  I'd always prefer to remain frenemies with the old SB gang for nostalgia's sake.

Is QFT going to be playing?

I am not moving a muscle until Protonix weighs in...

Yet in reality it would never be an alliance, more like a unstable Union of mutual distrust and backstabbing for resources while agreeing to forgo todays intermural fight for an agreed upon chance to independently push out a pretender?  

Power vacuums to be quickly filled with dead vessels and love...

I have returned. What is it you seek?

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

Calling a guild a "Shadowbane" guild at this point is pointless.  If they have survived this long they have been in every MMO before or since Shadowbane and have drawn from all of that experience.  

Can't be true.

Some guy with a name in ALLCAPS posted that no Shadowbane player has ever played any other game. He won't tell me who he was or who he played with, but he says he's a "pro gamer," so I trust him.

Can't be true.

Some guy with a name in ALLCAPS posted that no Shadowbane player has ever played any other game. He won't tell me who he was or who he played with, but he says he's a "pro gamer," so I trust him.

Be careful now.

Edited by yoink

aeei5jG.png

Can't be true.

You, good sir, have obviously never sat at "The Table of Champions"

Is QFT going to be playing?

Too early to tell at this point.  It's been a long time since we've played anything together - most of QFT were older gamers when Shadowbane was out.  Real life responsibilities have only claimed more of us at this point.

QFT

It should be intereesting, I look forward to meeting most of you again, and killing you.... I enjoyed our fights before but I have let my anger and rage grow... then I became a Sith and of course that made me UBER!... Now I drive for them so you cannot win.

Also get off Little Ice.  

I am inixiel, do not expect heals.

I don't "hate" anyone from my time in Shadowbane. Doesn't matter to me if we were fighting with or against each other at all. I consider all of you brothers or sisters even though I don't know a single one of you personally. I went to Iraq twice and fought terrorists so all you of you could do and act how you want. After everything I did and saw as an Infantryman that war could offer, holding grudges seems petty to me now. I don't even hate the terrorists anymore that I was killing. Of course my ptsd hasn't helped me at all. I don't like crowds and I find it very hard to trust people now. That's been a 10 year fight for me. I remember being in country farming to help out the guild, or at a mine fight, and all of a sudden I'd message everyone, mission. Poof I was gone, I had a job to do. Sadly that took 6 1-2 years from me, and a lot of my gaming time too. I lost quite a few good men over there, if I could trade places with them I would. Take their sacrifice and put it to good use.

I understand your reasoning @TSP_Maj, but it`s a difference for sure when a guild started recently compare to an ancient guild back to the old UO/SB days. 

I would not be surprised to see the first Dregs Campaign dominated by an old UO/Shadowbane guild without mention any guild names to avoid conflicts on this forum, and that is part in-game alliance for sure.

@Todd said they aim for 2000 limit campaign servers earlier, but it`s not set in stone yet. 

And that is only 1 campaign though in the Dregs for instant - it depends how many who will participate in a game like Crowfall - at the moment we have like 162.600 paid members. Although, the forum and testing activity is silent like my unofficial crowfall signature! :)

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Young blood is needed regardless.  

As much as everyone, myself included, hates to admit it, the reality is that human reflexes are not the same as they were fifteen years before.  Even "back in the day" I recall my 10-year old nephew wiping the floor with us in Starcraft simply because his kool-aid stained fingers could fly over his hot-keyed commands faster than the eye could follow.  We "adults" had to fight him 2 v 1 to have a chance.  Clever diplomacy gets you only so far.  I suspect a "SB veteran" comeback is going to depend on reinforcements.

r_5_28_09_19___large.jpg

Edited by cemya

I don't "hate" anyone from my time in Shadowbane. Doesn't matter to me if we were fighting with or against each other at all. I consider all of you brothers or sisters even though I don't know a single one of you personally. I went to Iraq twice and fought terrorists so all you of you could do and act how you want. After everything I did and saw as an Infantryman that war could offer, holding grudges seems petty to me now. I don't even hate the terrorists anymore that I was killing. Of course my ptsd hasn't helped me at all. I don't like crowds and I find it very hard to trust people now. That's been a 10 year fight for me. I remember being in country farming to help out the guild, or at a mine fight, and all of a sudden I'd message everyone, mission. Poof I was gone, I had a job to do. Sadly that took 6 1-2 years from me, and a lot of my gaming time too. I lost quite a few good men over there, if I could trade places with them I would. Take their sacrifice and put it to good use.

Thank you.

CF_Van.png

The old SB guilds may have more time constraints but they also have exp to maximize that time. They also generally have more knowledge of RW tactics and politics and don't cry and run to their safe rooms when things get tough.

Edited by CPU13rother

Don't play with yourself behind your keyboard. PVP!

I'd like for my old Guild 'Malice' or equally cut throat guild from Fear server Hing to form on Dregs. As it is have 6 committed friends of mine from those days who still game together. Most of us were from the Battleragers guild on Fear which absorbed into Hing. Far as the OP most of us are married now. Grinding out 50+ hour work weeks and children etc so there is abit of juggling.

Honestly I like to fantasize about playing this type of game, but unless I plan on retiring early (one can hope) I don't see how I'll be able to make it work. At least, thanks to Shadowbane, I do this for a living now so I can rant at my coworkers all day about this and feel understood :).

Your milkshake lures all the fine folks to the yard. Verily, it is better than mine. Surely it is better than mine. Would you teach me, or would you levy a fee? - Integ