Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chet

A contemplation for all SB veterans

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, mythx said:

It was barely playable state in the very beginning @VN - at least if u met and fought CN chinese horde on some of the old SB servers based on hardware limitations. The game did not handle large amount of players very well without huge lag pockets. But in a less combat scale the game become more interesting some years into the game development with their expansion. 

 

So let's look at it objectively though.  The game lost most of its population early on.  The game took a long time to become acceptable optimization wise for a release-state product, and by the time it got there there were already mmorpgs like WoW out. 

So what exactly was appealing about SB?  The character building?  The fighting over stuff?  Fighting over stuff has become so common in the survival genre.  SB had character building going for it, but performance wise and mechanically the game fell really flat.  Crowfall can take similar approaches for its character building, and crowfall will have stuff to fight over, but crowfall needs to at least require as much mechanical skill as modern MMOs have, (not less like shadowbane had even for its time) and it needs performance and pacing of modern games and their combat. 

I don't care if people loved shadowbane, more power to them, but they should better understand how the game industry as a whole works.  People that only managed to excel in a game like shadowbane after most of the players left are less likely to have great suggestions for a game like crowfall.

You can already see it on the forums a lot.  Some people just basically want crowfall to copy-paste tons of shadowbane stuff, sorry but shadowbane had some good stuff, but a lot of it was awful. 


Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

No, my guild was literally undefeated in battles of any number, we won every single beta and live event 10vs10 fight night that was available to us, we've won 10vs150+ , we did everything the game had to offer, when it was at its most competitive and populated.

It's not that I don't feel included in SB veterans, I simply am here to correct what the game actually was vs what some people imagine it was (relative to other games and to crowfall).

Also WoW competitive PvP took way more skill than anything SB had to offer, many times over.  Let's hope crowfall can at least compete with the standard that is WoW.

In wow competitive pvp it was a givin . in SB sandbox you had to form your own alliances and hope they did not stab you in the back on the battle field.

You had to plan each spec group accordingly for their task. The battlefield tatics were limitless

Large scale wow pvp was limited to a few people screaming orders and some lemmings following those orders.

While the arenas may have taken some amount of skill and i agree i had fun in them . It was no thing to the toxic environment of backstabbing politics that was shadow bane.

Then again there was much more on the line in shadowbane the amount of work you put into a city . The chance of breaking gear. the pure cost of the bulwarks and wall rebuilding.

If you lose a battleground in wow you just waited a few hours and took another shot it was near meaningless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandbox open world feeling @VIKINGNAIL - if you want a skill competition - moba is obviously for those players with rank system in place to compete. I still sometimes play league of legends though in rank and I`ve done so since season 2. Because I really enjoy pvp focused games. I don`t argue that SB point and click movements was almost outdated when it launched in 2003, but the game had the open world feeling like Darkfall. And it was fun with rune hunting with some good friends. I usually enjoyed small scale pvp events in SB compare to a large siege for instant global pvp death msg. hehe.  

 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

So let's look at it objectively though.  The game lost most of its population early on.  The game took a long time to become acceptable optimization wise for a release-state product, and by the time it got there there were already mmorpgs like WoW out. 

So what exactly was appealing about SB?  The character building?  The fighting over stuff?  Fighting over stuff has become so common in the survival genre.  SB had character building going for it, but performance wise and mechanically the game fell really flat.  Crowfall can take similar approaches for its character building, and crowfall will have stuff to fight over, but crowfall needs to at least require as much mechanical skill as modern MMOs have, (not less like shadowbane had even for its time) and it needs performance and pacing of modern games and their combat. 

I don't care if people loved shadowbane, more power to them, but they should better understand how the game industry as a whole works.  People that only managed to excel in a game like shadowbane after most of the players left are less likely to have great suggestions for a game like crowfall.

You can already see it on the forums a lot.  Some people just basically want crowfall to copy-paste tons of shadowbane stuff, sorry but shadowbane had some good stuff, but a lot of it was awful. 

I agree vikingnail omg sb.exe the memory leaks constant duping . Macroing under buildings to gain levels. There was a ton of flaws in shadow-bane and a lot of them were never really fixed. I do also worry that crow-fall will experience some of the lag and memory issues of sb where large scale fights might be limited. Hell with the campaign worlds they cant handle a population of 200 current players . Darkfall had fights of 1000s with out instance worlds . We need the 1000s of people on screen running smoothly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mythx said:

Sandbox open world feeling @VIKINGNAIL - if you want a skill competition - moba is obviously for those players with rank system in place to compete. I still sometimes play league of legends though in rank and I`ve done so since season 2. Because I really enjoy pvp focused games. I don`t argue that SB point and click movements was almost outdated when it launched in 2003, but the game had the open world feeling like Darkfall. And it was fun with rune hunting with some good friends. I usually enjoyed small scale events in SB compare to a large siege for instant global pvp death msg. hehe.  

 

Imagine sandbox WITH skill competition.  You know a PvP game with lots of social investment where player skill matters a lot and you can actually feel gratified about dominating other players.  Instead of one with a lower skill-ceiling where more than anything numbers might end up mattering.


Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dolmar said:

I agree vikingnail omg sb.exe the memory leaks constant duping . Macroing under buildings to gain levels. There was a ton of flaws in shadow-bane and a lot of them were never really fixed. I do also worry that crow-fall will experience some of the lag and memory issues of sb where large scale fights might be limited. Hell with the campaign worlds they cant handle a population of 200 current players . Darkfall had fights of 1000s with out instance worlds . We need the 1000s of people on screen running smoothly.

Yes right now crowfalls biggest issue seems to be whether they will actually make it to mmorpg scale as far as servers and battles go.  I'm still skeptical, but a lot less skeptical than I was before, because they have proven that when they do focus on it they have the ability to optimize to a noticeable level.  While going from 5v5 lag to 15vs15 with slightly better performance is a huge step, we are still a long way from 100vs100 or the likes of that. 

At the same time I think anything around 50vs50 might be enough to make battles interesting.  Usually when numbers get larger, then aside from the very best groups the coordination just ends up pretty sloppy and individual contribution feels smaller and less epic in a way anyway.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Again, I do not need to prove myself. 

Alright well until you're not afraid to hide behind your username and drop some info you will be justifiably assumed to be a liar about your, again, self-proclaimed prowess. Your exaggerated claims sound like someone trying desperately to impress people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sometimes ran with raTt Bastard and some other guys - he is still probably playing magic bane the emulator just for pvp sake at Chaos after the expansion, got tons of guild invtes at the time, because we were skilled and passionate about PvP. `grin` :)

I lost a duel to one of the QFT guys Thallis in SB - and I needed recover like 24 hours, and the same thing happen when Rangers lost this year in playoffs, I really hate losing. :( 

But when we created the SB.emu emulator I figure out that Xemise for example was miles ahead of me in pvp mechanic in SB and I had no chance against his warrior. :)

 

I played with Dolmar from the Tenth too, but I don`t remember exact server, m8, yeah dupes and cheats was naughty in SB - I hope they have some sort anti-cheat software planned for Crowfall. 


MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Yes right now crowfalls biggest issue seems to be whether they will actually make it to mmorpg scale as far as servers and battles go.  I'm still skeptical, but a lot less skeptical than I was before, because they have proven that when they do focus on it they have the ability to optimize to a noticeable level.  While going from 5v5 lag to 15vs15 with slightly better performance is a huge step, we are still a long way from 100vs100 or the likes of that. 

At the same time I think anything around 50vs50 might be enough to make battles interesting.  Usually when numbers get larger, then aside from the very best groups the coordination just ends up pretty sloppy and individual contribution feels smaller and less epic in a way anyway.

I guess it depends on what your looking for. While I feel I am a above average pvper I really excel at battlefield tactics and group comp. So I really enjoy those large scale battles . I enjoy team training and bringing out the best in every player on my team and finding what their niche skills are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also enjoy a lot to experiment with character templates, and u had a lot of options in that regard in SB & Crowfall, @VN. I am loged in right now planning and training my assassin - stealth character exploration build in Crowfall focused on PvP and crits, dps. 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colest said:

Alright well until you're not afraid to hide behind your username and drop some info you will be justifiably assumed to be a liar about your, again, self-proclaimed prowess. Your exaggerated claims sound like someone trying desperately to impress people.

Here's the thing though, you can assume whatever you want, but I myself don't have to assume.  If I wanted to impress people I would constantly release frag videos of exactly how I broke a player down and what deficiencies they suffer.  I don't need to impress players that haven't proven they belong on my radar.  Meanwhile I don't have to assume, or misconstrue what people say, or anything like that.  I can objectively evaluate their play, their level of understanding of tactical and mechanical concepts, etc.  When you've played at the top it's pretty easy to tell who knows what they are talking about, and to recognize different types of patterns of behavior within players.  Just like any expert in their field would be able to tell when someone is exaggerating their own expertise.

It's so easy to pick apart the level of competitive experience people have just by their understanding and opinions about certain pvp features. 

1 hour ago, dolmar said:

I guess it depends on what your looking for. While I feel I am a above average pvper I really excel at battlefield tactics and group comp. So I really enjoy those large scale battles . I enjoy team training and bringing out the best in every player on my team and finding what their niche skills are.

Doesn't it feel even better when a game has a high skill-ceiling and you can bring the best out of players and take them up to a level they never thought they could achieve, to beat a group that on paper should be significantly stronger?

I'd imagine you should have nothing against crowfall having a higher skill-ceiling.  Whereas a player like mythx, for example, somehow thinks that just because a game is an mmorpg means it can't have a high skill-ceiling comparable to genres that are more often associated with esports. 


Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LeBron doesn't need to prove himself because he doesn't just troll nba.com forums talking about how good he was and is. You can actually look up his past results and see his current ones. His success and accomplishments exist outside his own head. Now, yours might also, but you can't or won't verify them. That's fine, just don't expect anyone to believe you. You argue your accomplishments like fanatics argue faith.


aeei5jG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Here's the thing though, you can assume whatever you want, but I myself don't have to assume.  If I wanted to impress people I would constantly release frag videos of exactly how I broke a player down and what deficiencies they suffer.  I don't need to impress players that haven't proven they belong on my radar.  Meanwhile I don't have to assume, or misconstrue what people say, or anything like that.  I can objectively evaluate their play, their level of understanding of tactical and mechanical concepts, etc.  When you've played at the top it's pretty easy to tell who knows what they are talking about, and to recognize different types of patterns of behavior within players.  Just like any expert in their field would be able to tell when someone is exaggerating their own expertise.

It's so easy to pick apart the level of competitive experience people have just by their understanding and opinions about certain pvp features. 

Doesn't it feel even better when a game has a high skill-ceiling and you can bring the best out of players and take them up to a level they never thought they could achieve, to beat a group that on paper should be significantly stronger?

I'd imagine you should have nothing against crowfall having a higher skill-ceiling.  Whereas a player like mythx, for example, somehow thinks that just because a game is an mmorpg means it can't have a high skill-ceiling comparable to genres that are more often associated with esports. 

While I don't need a esports trophy I do like knowing I have beaten the odds. I have fought those 10 v 100 banes and won. Won outlandish victories in RTS had 3 top 25 accounts in Age of Empires in 1995.

While I solo a lot in this testing I am a true team player.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Yoink said:

LeBron doesn't need to prove himself because he doesn't just troll nba.com forums talking about how good he was and is. You can actually look up his past results and see his current ones. His success and accomplishments exist outside his own head. Now, yours might also, but you can't or won't verify them. That's fine, just don't expect anyone to believe you. You argue your accomplishments like fanatics argue faith.

Lebron doesn't need to prove himself because he knows how good he is.  He has all of the competitive experience in the world not to worry about such things.  I can state factual things about myself, how you react to them is on you.  Some people are able to move on with their lives, discuss things based on the merit of the concepts being shared, etc.  Others get super insecure because I believe in regards to shadowbane many know, but can not openly admit that the game wasn't really the most skillful pvp game out there.

19 minutes ago, dolmar said:

While I don't need a esports trophy I do like knowing I have beaten the odds. I have fought those 10 v 100 banes and won. Won outlandish victories in RTS had 3 top 25 accounts in Age of Empires in 1995.

While I solo a lot in this testing I am a true team player.

 

Exactly, and doesn't it feel better when you win if you did something that you knew took a lot of skill?  That's why I think a pvp centric game like crowfall should make sure it has a respectable skill-ceiling. 


Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Lebron and Kobe are friends.  Also I am not the one that constantly mentions me in random threads that I am not even participating in.  I rarely name drop other players cause they aren't relevant to me, but man do I get name dropped a lot. 

They're cordial because Kobe's no longer in the NBA. While Kobe was still a threat to take a ring, they were definitely not that way.

Who has name dropped you in a positive spin on your gaming prowess? Link, please.

Let's see here... we've discussed:

  1. Your claim regarding your guild being undefeated in any fight. You've talked for years about being on Scorn, which would mean your guild would have to have been part of the Rollin 30's, but could no longer have been on the server as of June 9th - when they were made homeless.
  2. Your claim about dominance in SB "at its most competitive" and "at its most populated". I've poked holes in your argument on that more than a year ago, https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/84-some-shadowbane-reminiscing/&page=35#comment-275253 and when you said the spreadsheets I linked were inaccurate, I linked ubisoft's annual shareholder report as well as an article by Ralph Koster discussing them.
  3. In the below, you claim 
    16 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

    we've won 10vs150+

    but you also state that the game couldn't support large scale fights - in which case, the game itself would make it impossible to count that high. Additionally, during the time you claim to have played, there was no killspam option in chat, so merely counting the kills would have been a nearly impossible task while maintaining the ability to win a fight in a lagged out environment.

  4. You also claim never to have died. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

  5. You claim not a single SB vet on these forums has performed in another game, which is a silly thing to say as you have no idea whom the other people are.

  6. You state that only people who were relevant would know who your guild is - and that your guild is mentioned in LoD's history.

  7. Unfortunately for you, LoD's history lists no guilds who remained undefeated in every fight, ever.

  8. Basic logic states that the burden of proof rests with the accuser. You even state that in your response to me. You make statements, accusing those in this forum of things that are certainly not factual, and your only offering of proof is because you say it is so.

  9. As I stated in another thread, that's the only real evidence you played SB at all.


CF_Van.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, vandarr said:

They're cordial because Kobe's no longer in the NBA. While Kobe was still a threat to take a ring, they were definitely not that way.

No, they've been cordial for years, because they played together on team USA.

Who has name dropped you in a positive spin on your gaming prowess? Link, please.

They name drop me like I am baba yaga or john wick.  Mentioning me in threads randomly without my presence even being there in the first place.  I am very clearly on their minds. 

Let's see here... we've discussed:

  1. Your claim regarding your guild being undefeated in any fight. You've talked for years about being on Scorn, which would mean your guild would have to have been part of the Rollin 30's, but could no longer have been on the server as of June 9th - when they were made homeless.
    A guild is still a guild whether it leaves a nation.  Use common sense.
  2. Your claim about dominance in SB "at its most competitive" and "at its most populated". I've poked holes in your argument on that more than a year ago, https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/84-some-shadowbane-reminiscing/&page=35#comment-275253 and when you said the spreadsheets I linked were inaccurate, I linked ubisoft's annual shareholder report as well as an article by Ralph Koster discussing them.
    JTC himself has mentioned that the vision that was SB was only noticeable early in the game.  Gee I wonder why.  Also we already went over this, your data was incorrect then, and it is incorrect now
  3. In the below, you claim 

    but you also state that the game couldn't support large scale fights - in which case, the game itself would make it impossible to count that high. Additionally, during the time you claim to have played, there was no killspam option in chat, so merely counting the kills would have been a nearly impossible task while maintaining the ability to win a fight in a lagged out environment.
    Here is where you are picking and choosing a narrative.  You clearly don't know how 10vs150 worked.  It involved kiting people through cities into choke points and drawing their forces out and fighting the ones that couldn't maintain safe positioning.  It was a slow bleed, not running straight into the middle of 150 people and just coming out on top.  You know you could record videos back then right? 

  4. You also claim never to have died. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    This is true, I never died in shadowbane, but it was fun being the first to kill other people who had never died (Like being the first to kill bonedancer-sin)

  5. You claim not a single SB vet on these forums has performed in another game, which is a silly thing to say as you have no idea whom the other people are.
    This is already proven, the SB vets that frequent this forum (as opposed to the ones that are just out there playing other competitive games and excelling, that I actually keep contact with, do not have success in other competitive games.  There are no 2800 rated WoW players here from SB, there are no GM sc2 players, there are no challenger LoL players. 

  6. You state that only people who were relevant would know who your guild is - and that your guild is mentioned in LoD's history.
    Actually related to LoD I claimed they mentioned our nation taking it to them, not my specific guild. 

  7. Unfortunately for you, LoD's history lists no guilds who remained undefeated in every fight, ever.
    Unfortunately for you, you have once again misread what someone has said and run with your own inaccurate narrative.  As corrected above.

  8. Basic logic states that the burden of proof rests with the accuser. You even state that in your response to me. You make statements, accusing those in this forum of things that are certainly not factual, and your only offering of proof is because you say it is so.
    Lebron doesn't need to prove anything to people that aren't competitive in his sphere.  I would suggest not making so many inaccurate claims, or claiming I said things I didn't.  

  9. As I stated in another thread, that's the only real evidence you played SB at all.

 


Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

They name drop me like I am baba yaga or john wick.  Mentioning me in threads randomly without my presence even being there in the first place.  I am very clearly on their minds. 

Link, please. As an aside, I've never seen either of those name dropped on the forum.

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

A guild is still a guild whether it leaves a nation.  Use common sense.

Ah, so you're a traitorous front-running coward, who flees when there's a chance of loss. That actually makes sense.

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

JTC himself has mentioned that the vision that was SB was only noticeable early in the game.  Gee I wonder why.  Also we already went over this, your data was incorrect then, and it is incorrect now

Good to know that you have better data sources for subscriptions than Ubisoft. Link, please.

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Here is where you are picking and choosing a narrative.  You clearly don't know how 10vs150 worked.  It involved kiting people through cities into choke points and drawing their forces out and fighting the ones that couldn't maintain safe positioning.  It was a slow bleed, not running straight into the middle of 150 people and just coming out on top.

Ah, so you're saying you fought absolute idiots and never had a lag spike. Good to know.

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

You know you could record videos back then right?

I do! Show me one of yours.

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

This is true, I never died in shadowbane, but it was fun being the first to kill other people who had never died (Like being the first to kill bonedancer-sin)

You were the guildmate who PK'ed him in beta that night he was drunk and getting PL'ed? Now THAT'S a funny story. 

 

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

This is already proven, the SB vets that frequent this forum (as opposed to the ones that are just out there playing other competitive games and excelling, that I actually keep contact with, do not have success in other competitive games.  There are no 2800 rated WoW players here from SB, there are no GM sc2 players, there are no challenger LoL players.

Even the NSA doesn't know that. As we're all using pseudonyms, there's no way of knowing that for certain. For example, I remember fighting Ninjas in Pyjamas on Vindication - they had a town on northern ice. Were they the gaming guild I can see on TV? No clue. Their pixels look different in each game - which is kind of the point. At the very least, due to age, it's highly improbable any of the guys on TV ever played SB.

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Actually related to LoD I claimed they mentioned our nation taking it to them, not my specific guild.

Which would be R30's, as you've stated repeatedly that you were a part of. And....

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Unfortunately for you, you have once again misread what someone has said and run with your own inaccurate narrative.  As corrected above.

R30's as a nation got crushed in early June, 2003. What guild were you in again that abandoned them in their time of need?

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Lebron doesn't need to prove anything to people that aren't competitive in his sphere.  I would suggest not making so many inaccurate claims, or claiming I said things I didn't.

It's far easier to remember what you said when you stick to a single story - the truth. Perhaps you should re-read some of your own posts. Perhaps you can take a moment to utilize your leet gaming skills to properly click and quote posts, too Mansheen.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, vandarr said:

Link, please. As an aside, I've never seen either of those name dropped on the forum.

No, they use my name in place of that.  I am baba yaga.

Ah, so you're a traitorous front-running coward, who flees when there's a chance of loss. That actually makes sense.

Nope, we conquered our server and like I said people begged us to play for them on other servers.  It also became evident that r30s did not match up to our personal rules of integrity and dignity.  But in your mind you've twisted some narrative that has to assume the worst and is incapable of accepting the reality.  Guilds that win 10vs150 aren't cowards that flee.  Guilds that dominated every 10vs10 fight night without ever losing more than 2 players in a 10vs10 are not cowards.  Try again.

Good to know that you have better data sources for subscriptions than Ubisoft. Link, please.

Sources have already been linked before, it's like you "forget" and then want the same links over and over every few months lol.

Ah, so you're saying you fought absolute idiots and never had a lag spike. Good to know.

Nope, I am saying your inexperience with how fights actually went in shadowbane, and your inaccurate biases have been shown to not understand the logistics of how fights like 10vs150 were approached tactically.  But it is true, there were very few good players in shadowbane, and all of them left after the first few months.  No one after that period ever went on to accomplish anything significant in any competitive pvp setting.  That part is completely true. 

I do! Show me one of yours.

What have you done to earn any right to such a thing?  You haven't shown me any impressive amount of skill or objectivity. 

You were the guildmate who PK'ed him in beta that night he was drunk and getting PL'ed? Now THAT'S a funny story. 

Again, just another made up narrative in your head. 

 

Even the NSA doesn't know that. As we're all using pseudonyms, there's no way of knowing that for certain. For example, I remember fighting Ninjas in Pyjamas on Vindication - they had a town on northern ice. Were they the gaming guild I can see on TV? No clue. Their pixels look different in each game - which is kind of the point. At the very least, due to age, it's highly improbable any of the guys on TV ever played SB.

I know, because you can tell the level of experience people have by the way they perceive things.  You can tell which players have competitive experience and which have only the experience of playing shadowbane after it was dead in a small pond.

Which would be R30's, as you've stated repeatedly that you were a part of. And....

Yes, so why are you confusing guild and nation again?

R30's as a nation got crushed in early June, 2003. What guild were you in again that abandoned them in their time of need?

Again, another false narrative you've created.  By the time r30s got "crushed" the best guild (ours) had already left, and most of their core leadership had also either quit or moved on to other servers.  When you win too easily things stagnate, people stop caring, and real pvpers seek new challenges.  Hence crowfall's dying worlds design. 

It's far easier to remember what you said when you stick to a single story - the truth. Perhaps you should re-read some of your own posts. Perhaps you can take a moment to utilize your leet gaming skills to properly click and quote posts, too Mansheen.

My story is the truth, you however seem to constantly misconstrue what is said, confuse numbers and history, heck you can't even objectively understand the difference between a guild and a nation when it comes to me, because I am baba yaga. 

 


Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Nope, we conquered our server and like I said people begged us to play for them on other servers.

Who?

6 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

It also became evident that r30s did not match up to our personal rules of integrity and dignity.

Some of their players had both? :) I've seen neither from you in nearly 5k posts.

7 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Sources have already been linked before, it's like you "forget" and then want the same links over and over every few months lol.

You realize the thread still exists, right? Like here.

On 5/23/2016 at 9:24 PM, vandarr said:

What's your source for claiming the numbers fell off a cliff?

 

On 5/23/2016 at 11:22 PM, VIKINGNAIL said:

My source is playing the actual game and seeing it become a ghost town.

 

On 5/24/2016 at 10:51 PM, vandarr said:

What were shadowbane's actual numbers? Or does anecdotal "evidence" hold more weight in your book?

 

On 5/24/2016 at 11:15 PM, VIKINGNAIL said:

Shadowbane actually sold more than 200000 copies...  Clearly it wasn't topping out at only 50k subs.  But hey... anyone that actually played at launch would have known that.

 

On 5/24/2016 at 11:54 PM, vandarr said:

Source? If you had owned stock in Ubisoft and read their annual report, perhaps you would think something different. On page 16, you'll note they claim over 120,000 units sold, and 50k subscribers.

 

On 5/25/2016 at 0:04 AM, VIKINGNAIL said:

So at the end of the fiscal year ubisoft is claiming the game counted more than 50k subs... which definitely doesn't match up with the graphs you worship...  You just totally proved yourself wrong lol.

 

On 5/25/2016 at 0:13 AM, vandarr said:

Their fiscal year ends March 31, noob.

 

On 5/25/2016 at 1:25 AM, VIKINGNAIL said:

Yes and shadowbane launched on march 25th... you aren't doing yourself any favors here...

 

On 5/25/2016 at 10:11 PM, vandarr said:

 

How do you figure? Ubisoft doesn't claim anywhere remotely close to your 200k in sales number, which you purport to be the equivalent of the initial pop.

 

Ubisoft states 50k subscriptions several weeks in, which stayed relatively consistent until August (which is after you admit to having left), with a rise in pop in December with the expansion release and the opening of European servers. 

 

Bottom line - you don't have a clue what you are talking about, and have yet to make a single post with a shred of evidence regarding your claims. By the end of 2004, the pop had dropped significantly, but that's 18 months after your 8 week tour ended. As I said to Sheen previously, you left just as the general public was getting leveled and geared well enough to defend themselves.

 

By the way, continuing to tell people that "if they sat at the table of champions they would know" doesn't make you seem better than everyone else - in fact, I think it has the opposite effect.

After that, you declared "victory" and bailed on the conversation.

On 6/1/2016 at 11:11 AM, VIKINGNAIL said:

It's unanimous... The undefeated and still heavyweight champion of the threaaaaaad... VIKINGNAIL

To which I asked:

On 6/5/2016 at 1:15 AM, vandarr said:

Data source? Your guild? Your server?

and you responded with a bunch of "table of champions" garbage with no data elements to back up your claims.

By the way, I believe your pants are on fire.

 


CF_Van.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...