Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RKNM

Weapon Options - Rifle?

Just curious, how would it be to have rifles as a weapon option of Stalker? Of course, we're not sure what the exact utility of Stalkers are going to be yet, heck, they could be a range melee hybrid (after all, the Knight is going to be wielding a longbow, and can specialize in it for a promotion class), but given their role sticker says they are to be ranged damage, I can certainly see rifles as an alternative. This also wouldn't be too much of a stretch for the CF universe, given guineceans have invented gunpowder. What do you guys think? How would it work compared to bows?

Only if it were a musket rifle and the reload animation lasted about 20 seconds before they could fire again :)

Cp0geLN.png

A division of Gorath Industries, LLC

I don't really think it would fit with the flavor of the stalker.

The name at least implies tracking and stealth, the last thing you want it a loud gunshot. 

Also it just doesn't fit within the 'sword/hammer/shield/spellcasting fantasy' setting.  The flintlock pistol seen carried by the guinecean is a very close range weapon.  Smoothbore firing a simple round ball.  That weapon was in use 400 years before the true rifle was in common use.

An old and grumpy gamer who should have grown up years ago.

uhvMkGn.png

I don't like it much. Stalker wants to be hidden when stalking. Rifle makes ugly ugly sounds. Those sounds woul definitely run me crazy. Also, it would make others to spot me easily.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

I dont mind guns being in this game universe but a Stalker wouldnt use a rifle, until modern times they were always loud, flashy and explosive.

A deer-hybrid sneaky hunter would definitely not use a rifle, unless you get a promotion class like a Musketeer, a Stalker that abandoned the traditional ways of hunting to go a more military route.

Archetypes I am Interested in: Templar, Legionnaire, Myrmidon, Confessor.
Also, Looking for a Guild, preferably Oceanic but also US West works best for me. (Misery)