Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scree

Caravan Movement Between Campaigns (Confirmed?)

When the site first launched and Caravans were first discussed it was posted that The way to get goods from a campaign world to your EK (for the rule set allows exports) was to use caravans to transport your goods to an extraction node,POI. From there you could load them into your Global vault. When the campaign ends depending on the export rules a portion or all of the goods will be transferred for you to use in you EK. They stated that there would be a few of these per world and they were the perfect spot for a small group to lay in ambush an approaching caravan. 

Based on everything they've said before, it would make no sense for them to allow campaign to EK and EK to campaign aside from whatever initial import and embargo vault. 

It would also make no sense to allow CW to CW....

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

The new website seems to lead me to believe that transportation between Campaigns might be a real thing for merchant-princes to accomplish within Crowfall. This also seems plausible for another reason; they wanted to do it in Shadowbane! I remember when they spoke briefly, but never implemented, the idea of allowing players to travel between servers. While this is not exactly what they are introducing here, the notion that caravans can travel between worlds means they are possibly working on making this possible (future module!?).

That's an interesting hypothesis and it sounds plausible to me.

[speculation mode] I think that this is the first image published that illustrated how the universe would work :

Crowfall_WorldArchitectureChart.jpg

Not only does it suggest that the characters can travel from a world to the other, but there are also traits connecting the worlds between them.

"Why would we do that?  Why make each world unique? To allow the the characters to travel between them, of course!"

It could also simply mean that the players can leave a campaign, by joining another right away (CW > EK > CW).

But... It's written on the new homepage : "When each World dies, the players must find a new world -- and a new Campaign begins." It seems to differ from the previous way of explaining the return to the EK with the exports, then staying there to trade and prepare for the next campaign. Or it could still mean that, but it's simplified so the newcomers understand that when a campaign ends, there are always another one to join after.
Edited by courant101

That's an interesting hypothesis and it sounds plausible to me.

[speculation mode] I think that this is the first image published that illustrated how the universe would work :

Crowfall_WorldArchitectureChart.jpg

Not only does it suggest that the characters can travel from a world to the other, but there are also traits connecting the worlds between them.

"Why would we do that?  Why make each world unique? To allow the the characters to travel between them, of course!"

It could also simply mean that the players can leave a campaign, by joining another right away (CW > EK > CW).

But... It's written on the new homepage : "When each World dies, the players must find a new world -- and a new Campaign begins." It seems to differ from the previous way of explaining the return to the EK with the exports, then staying there to trade and prepare for the next campaign. Or it could still mean that, but it's oversimplified so the newcomers understand that when a campaign ends, there are always another one to join after.

Pretty much every time i've heard them reference mercantile empires in interviews it's directly in reference to EKs...

There's a lot of interesting evidence building up about CW traveling though... I personally think it is a pretty terrible idea but it's not a dealbreaker for me.  We'll have to see what they have in mind when they reveal stuff in december.

I also think in that illustration EKs may be considered worlds too... on top of that we also know the illustrations at times can be misleading... like when we got the picture of the bands with rulesets associated with them, and then later found out that import/export rates aren't band specific. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Yes, I agree, and while I think it's one of the most plausible theories I've read so far, I'm aware that this is still pure speculation and the reveal could be something totally different. We can probably interpret the content shared by the developers in hundreds of different ways.  :P