Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New home page looks bad

The new home page has poor spacial layout and does not center properly vertically.   I should expect any decent web designer would see this immediately.   The page feels clunky and amateurish because of the way it stretches to fit and scaling is awful.  Just bad design, and this sort of inattention to details may turn away potential customers.

This is my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Looks good to me. If there's something you want them to fix or change, then you should provide some examples of what's wrong and/or how to improve it.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

It depends on what you use. I should point out that the website has issues when its displayed on Firefox.

Screen_Shot_2015_11_08_at_3_39_57_PM.png

The icons for the dots are not showing up.

Otherwise on Safari or Google Chrome seem to function just fine.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I hadn't even looked at it, but I did just now and I actually kinda like it. The only thing I don't like is the big and fairly ugly "get access" button. Should probably polish it a bit.

(And maybe also throw a big fat asterisk on "get access" so as to reduce the potential to be misleading?)

I am fine with it.  It is an improvement over the old one.

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

It depends on what you use. I should point out that the website has issues when its displayed on Firefox.

I can confirm that the buttons aren't displaying right on Firefox.

Though I began to think it is supposed to look like that honestly, since that is the only browser I use. 

The new home page has poor spacial layout and does not center properly vertically.   I should expect any decent web designer would see this immediately.   The page feels clunky and amateurish because of the way it stretches to fit and scaling is awful.  Just bad design, and this sort of inattention to details may turn away potential customers.

A few screenshots could probably help them figure out what are those scaling/stretching issues you're experiencing.

"Ugly" is not a bug.

If you have specific examples of page behaviors which are actually broken, post that info including your browser version, monitor resolution, steps to reproduce the error, etc.

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Thanks for your feedback.

Obviously we'd like the page to look great and perform well for everyone, but perhaps some screenshots that show the broken behavior would be in order. We actually put considerable time into getting it to scale well, though of course there's always room for improvement.

Lacking more specific information, we will just continue to work on polishing it based on what we do know about.

Ed Zavada, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Thanks! We knew this was an issue but didn't have time to fix it before the founders update. It will be addressed soon.

The problem with using a Scumbag Steve style when sharing your opinions is that it makes it less likely that people will listen to them.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Not a fan of new website layout.  The Dev Tracker doesn't work for me any longer, updates aren't as clear as they were on the main page, I feel like the site is more cartoony now, and there's just too much scrolling.  Just ugh....

Not a fan of new website layout.  The Dev Tracker doesn't work for me any longer, updates aren't as clear as they were on the main page, I feel like the site is more cartoony now, and there's just too much scrolling.  Just ugh....

I kind of agree, however I think the main page is designed a little better now to inform people who have no idea what Crowfall is.  I would like to see a more obvious link to the latest news.  Also why would I look for wallpapers under the heading "Articles"?  I would suggest changing the menu a bit to better categorize the site.

* Also, any button involving payment or commitment of some form that you want people to actually click on needs to be green, not red.  This is pretty standard psychology in web design.

Edited by GhostEye

QjQi9o0.jpgPF6dJ4i.jpg

The dynamic nature of websites, screen sizes, window positions and browser overlays like the "connecting" panel makes it very different that a static print layout. This particular page is designed to be scrolled, so the kind of vertical spacing management you are talking about isn't really practical.

Thanks for pointing this out nevertheless.