Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LGAllastair

Albion online

Seems like this game isn't in Anyone's radar, I am looking closely at it, gonna play the beta with some Ascendance and Legend Gaming friends. Looks like a solid pass time for the first half of 2016 until Crowfall is deeper into beta.

Here is a nice review with Alpha footage about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w4nzHjRcJc

Edited by LGAllastair

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

Beta is coming in 2 weeks

forums already getting pooped on, and the forums actually has a long needed Guild Discussion and Politics thread unlike CF

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Yeah, about 10 people in my guild bought in the Beta starting november 23, 24 and 25 (depending on your package). Looks promissing, but I haven't been following their forums.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

It's a shame albion doesn't have more polished moba type mechanics or it could be a big hit... if they took the philosophies behind das tal combat and threw them into albion online that woulda been very cool too...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Yeah, about 10 people in my guild bought in the Beta starting november 23, 24 and 25 (depending on your package). Looks promissing, but I haven't been following their forums.

you will be in for a surprise if you go to GD :3

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Right now a few people and some of us are testing the features before it goes live. There has been significant changes from summer beta, but there's some things we're on the fence about.

This beta's going to last for 3 months so don't burn yourself out early, it can be grindy but it will be significantly less so than last beta thanks to reports. Once you hit T6, you've made it past the hill and its smooth sailing from there. Go hog wild.

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Like the features and mechanics but just can't get over the top down view or w/e its called.

I think the top down isn't bad but the actual responsiveness and mechanics of the game are poor...  They did say they'd be adding skillshots which is cool, but having safe zones and such seems to go against the spirit of the game they initially proposed to us. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Like the features and mechanics but just can't get over the top down view or w/e its called.

It's called isometric camera, I played enough Diablo II and III to be used to it at this point, but I can see how it isn't everyone's thing.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

It's called isometric camera, I played enough Diablo II and III to be used to it at this point, but I can see how it isn't everyone's thing.

funny quirk about isometric is people are arguing about the compass direction in AO'S world and local map. There's no true north that can be determined

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Yeah its weird, I played a lot of Torchlight 2 and I'm fine with it there but for some reason in an MMO I just don't like it.

It needs to have the combat dynamics of LoL or Dota2.  The simple attack and follow is/was extremely boring.  The way the game ended was just your DB vs their DB progression.  If that failed, you could just stealth mount your way out and run away.  In 2 days of solo play towards the end, out of over 200 encounters, 4 people didn't invuln/stealth run/mount away.

I dunno, the game is definitely built for the 99% welfare gamers.

Albion Online receives more attention than it deserves in my opinion.

I would be more interested in Lost Ark.

But this one takes much time.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Well it will be "F2P" not worth getting into CBT. ;) did you forget how archeage ended ? no alright.. that how albion will end as 'p2w' since every ios,andriod "F2P" do the same practices, which obviously more into "PC genre and other platforms" -Titles: F2P never interests me anymore.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Dont let yourself get hyped for every third class game, look behind the curtains.

I really dont understand where all this hype comes from, its really nothing special.

Gaming got to become really screwed nowadays, if this has become hypeworthy. Gaming is really screwed... , thanks for the hope of Crowfall in these dark times.

Well, I guess people would really like an Action RPG-MMO, Diablo as MMO, but well for that I would wait for Lost Ark.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.