Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LGAllastair

Albion online

Dont let yourself get hyped for every third class game, look behind the curtains.

I really dont understand where all this hype comes from, its really nothing special.

Gaming got to become really screwed nowadays, if this has become hypeworthy. Gaming is really screwed... , thanks for the hope of Crowfall in these dark times.

Well, I guess people would really like an Action RPG-MMO, Diablo as MMO, but well for that I would wait for Lost Ark.

Hype gets from "#1 marketing advertisement" , if that didn't work "#2 streamers with good population of people watching him or her", if that didn't work out "#3 pay good amount of money to a popular youtuber to advertise for them".

There's a place for ads marketing and getting big '"streamers involved with lies of their PR bs"

Once there's enough big streamers in CBT, streamers will be like check this game out.. "if you like what you're seeing then consider buying into "CBT", mostly the game will die once it goes "Free 2 Play" once these some of streamers "wake up that they have been fooled that the game will be as "RNG,P2W aspect and grinding"

Sadly kids or some adults will just buy the game to get in "CBT" to play with their favorite "youtuber or streamer"

Now it's just clear for me and it should be clear for everyone that every "Free 2 Play" PC, Console, IOS and Android games do the same practices to gain profit.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Yes.

Albion Online had at their beginning a big advertisement campaign going on, where famous youtubers played against famous twitch streamers.

They generated a big audience through this.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Still no skillshots in the game... still a very shallow tablet friendly game... it has potential but I doubt it will ever realize that potential. 

There are many skillshots and there is no chance tablet player can kill pc player.

Albion online... 3 days and was bored. Its not really a sandbox... its more of a playground.. AA felt more like a sandbox

AA sandbox? Do quests and forget about 80% of the map? Are you serious? Albion has a lot of potential and they just posted their upcomming plans for new features and ballancing stufff. Local banks and PvP with loot. Moreover green and yellow zones are newb and casual players friendly. Never seen such a huge online in a sandbox full loot game before. 

To be honest I played alpha 1 year ago and I was sceptical about this game. Now, after playing beta, I can't wait for this game to be released.

If Albion Online gets the big hope, or only a bit of hope, for gaming, I gonna quit gaming for my entire time of existence, and go back to play original stuff.

Because even throwing a ball against a wall, letting it bounce twice and catching it again, is much more entertaining than playing this Albion Online.

Edit:

Damn, I tried it just now, and its a hilarious, incredible fun! The ball game I mean, not Albion Online.

Woaah, this is great, I call it "Throw a ball and catch it - Game"!

I gonna license this and make a ton of money!

Edited by Urahara

If Albion Online gets the big hope, or only a bit of hope, for gaming, I gonna quit gaming for my entire time of existence, and go back to play original stuff.

Because even throwing a ball against a wall, letting it bounce twice and catching it again, is much more entertaining than playing this Albion Online.

Edit:

Damn, I tried it just now, and its a hilarious, incredible fun! The ball game I mean, not Albion Online.

Woaah, this is great, I call it "Throw a ball and catch it - Game"!

I gonna license this and make a ton of money!

Just one question, have you played UO?

The whole AOE/zerg stuff in AO has kind of ruined it at the moment.  Hopefully they rethink this.

Play the "Throw a ball and catch it" - Game!

Only 5 dollars!

The whole AOE/zerg stuff in AO has kind of ruined it at the moment.  Hopefully they rethink this.

The reason is not the game but ppl mentality.. I mean to zerg. Every game I played which allows you to zerg I was zerged. But they have 5v5 sieges and it is cool, you dont need 200 men clan to win a siege. We are playing 9 men clan and having fun. Yeap sometimes we are being zerged but anyway when you roam with 5 a chance to have a good fight is 10 times higher than if you roam with 25 and you chance to have a good loot is higher aswell 

What is your in-game name Bassa?  EB is running about 9 right now, my guy's name is Oakblades.

If you liked UO and can think of UO with Torchlight graphics, this game is fun as hell.

Im playing it and loving it.  Its not about graphics for me its about gameplay and this game has it.  I also love that I can craft on my tablet on my lunch break

I need people to play this with. Loaded it up on the PC, MacBook and android tablet. Tried to join a guild today and they had a crazy 25% guild tax. #NOPE

Who is playing this?

So let me see what we have here:

- F2P game, mean botters and unlimited hackers... check

- Tab targeting, mean RNG and zero player skill... check

- No friedly fire and player collisions, so expect blob vs blob and smashing button... check

- No skill cap, mean no economy, no dedicated crafters, no trading... check

- Gear based, you can't outskill your opponent even if you move better (thanks to tab targeting too)... check

- Gates, safe zones instances, please more people into the same game is only making both crowds unhappy... check

- Portable devices, the real reason why we will have 5vs5 sieges (and you can't play with your friends)... check

Give me a break, this game have no future, i'm sorry for the devs but they know nothing about sandbox games.

Hopefully in the time AO is released, we will be able to play at least one of the new DF1 projects. DF1 fixed and converted into a full sandbox can really be the true UO successor, because it have true player skills.

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

Agree on the No excitment. Im sure AO is more for big group fighting (X vs X) but if you want to SOLO PvP forget about it.  I feel a lot of time is wasted making groups to farm/pvp with.  For a person who recently had a kid and has one on the way, my time is very valuable when it comes to gaming.