Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fallout 4

Kiro

Incredible.

My pick for Game of the year.* Fixed.

Do you make these claims having played Fallout 1-3 + the others? Would a person new to the series feel the same way?

Played: Daggerfall | Oblivion | Skyrim | Fallout 2 | Fallout 3 | Fallout: New Vegas (Witcher/Masseffect/other single player rpgs here)

Can new players play without playing the past games?
Its a single player RPG... ofc they can play it!

Anyone else play yet?

cad-20151116-a1e63.png

Danse and Strong make me want to claw my eyes out. (they get in the way the most...)

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Incredible. 8 hours later.

Game of the year.

Do you make these claims having played Fallout 1-3 + the others?  Would a person new to the series feel the same way?

What makes this better than, say something like Urahara just mentioned The Witcher 3?

[@--(o.O)@]

Yes scribble... and why wait Urahara?

Ive made my starter town, and explored a ton of the Boston wasteland.

Trust me, its a damn good game. Bethesa does it again...

Also, I found Witcher 3 to be the same game as Witcher 2.... dont get me wrong I enjoyed them, but Fallout 3 to Fallout 4 in terms of crafting/gear/ect..

Just play it, and you'll see.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Yes, after the great success of TESO which for sure wasnt a cheap money grab of an poorly made franchise game.

this is not an TESO thread sir.

Zenimax =/= Bethesda

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

If I would go for lesser opinions, such which are based on unprofessional minds as well as bought unprofessional opinions from journalists, I would go like the wannabe journalists these days and scream, "OH YEEAAH, AWESOME! A Fallout mobile app game. Wooohooo! Game of the year!"

Thats the spirit.

No wonder the game industry became the cheap joke it is today.

It would be funny wouldnt it be so upsetting for people who like to play really good ambitious games.

Fallout 4 will be from a professional standpoint most probaly O.K. till good.

It will be a decent game, but nothing that you wouldnt have expected or already knowing from mods of the earlier Fallout games.

And sure you will be able to have fun with it, nothing wrong about that, its just these hype trains that need to be stopped at some distances or they will crush against a wall sooner or later.

And this game is now really nothing hype worthy, but marketing makes nowadays every project of a "great" publisher into the hype event of the century.

Also I dont want to hear these cheap excuses of Zenimax isnt Bethesda, if you give your franchise into the hands of others then better take care, because its your own responsibility and the customers dont care if you are cheap and say it wasnt my fault, I gave my responsibility to antoher person, he is responsible. You cant give away your own responsibility. And Bethesda is responsible for the development of The Elder Scrolls, and nobody else. If they give it into the hands of other and dont care, its their own fault in the first place.

And if the unprofessional people at Bethesda are that curious about their franchise, that they even go to court against a game called Scrolls, trying to forbid other people to name their game Scrolls, because they arent allowed to in the underwhelming minds of the weird people at Bethesda, because it would interfere with their awesome franchise, which is really a joke, and then give their franchise that easy away and even have the nerve to blaim the people they assigned with the task themselves, then I really dont know what to say to this anymore myself.

Just hilarious, ridiculous, Bethesda that is.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

The mobile app was grade a poorly made sockse. This thread is about Fallout 4.

If I would go for lesser opinions, such which are based on unprofessional minds as well as bought unprofessional opinions from journalists, I would go like the wannabe journalists these days and scream, "OH YEEAAH, AWESOME! A Fallout mobile app game. Wooohooo! Game of the year!"

Thats the spirit.

No wonder the game industry became the cheap joke it is today.

It would be funny wouldnt it be so upsetting for people who like to play really good ambitious games.

Fallout 4 will be from a professional standpoint most probaly O.K. till good.

It will be a decent game, but nothing that you wouldnt have expected or already knowing from mods of the earlier Fallout games.

And sure you will be able to have fun with it, nothing wrong about that, its just this hype trains that needs to be stopped at some distances or they will crush against a wall sooner or later.

And this game is now really nothing hype worthy, but marketing makes nowadays every project of a "great" publisher into the hype momentum of the century.

Where in my post did I say "OH YEAAAH, AWESOME!" exactly?

Ive been ignoring Fallout 4's marketing campaign... because I hate spoilers.

My judgement of the game is based on gameplay, as stated in my OP. When I got off work I VPN to Melborne and played for 8 hours until I noticed how much time had passed.

The same way I played games like The Witcher Games, Elder scrolls (ESO was just bad) and any game of the single player RPG genre. Instead of making assumptions Urahara, lets let a fan disscussion thread, be a fan discussion thread. Instead of arguments based of mobile apps or games that were only published by Bethesda the producer not Bethesda the studio.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I'm a few hours into the game, and so far its entertaining, has a good story, but its no Witcher 3.

Is it worth the price? yes, it will give you 100's of hours of fun.

Is it the next "game of the year" ? no.

Edited by Drasul Roth'ado

The mobile app was grade a poorly made sockse. This thread is about Fallout 4.Where in my post did I say "OH YEAAAH, AWESOME!" exactly?

Ive been ignoring Fallout 4's marketing campaign... because I hate spoilers.

My judgement of the game is based on gameplay, as stated in my OP. When I got off work I VPN to Melborne and played for 8 hours until I noticed how much time had passed.

The same way I played games like The Witcher Games, Elder scrolls (ESO was just bad) and any game of the single player RPG genre. Instead of making assumptions Urahara, lets let a fan disscussion thread, be a fan discussion thread. Instead of arguments based of mobile apps or games that were only published by Bethesda the producer not Bethesda the studio.

Sorry, with the "OH YEEAAH" I meant the journalists these days, not you.

Urahara, the lawsuit vs mojangs Scrolls was by the publisher... same name different cloths.

The suits at Bethesda suck, same story different game. Bethesda softworks on the other hand (Todd Howard and that crew) did a really good job on Fallout 4.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Yes scribble... and why wait Urahara?

Ive made my starter town, and explored a ton of the Boston wasteland.

Trust me, its a damn good game. Bethesa does it again...

Also, I found Witcher 3 to be the same game as Witcher 2.... dont get me wrong I enjoyed them, but Fallout 3 to Fallout 4 in terms of crafting/gear/ect..

Just play it, and you'll see.

If you played The Witcher 2 and 3 and found them to be the same game, ...yeah ... .

I really dont know how you could ever come to this conclusion.

TW3 got one of the biggest, as well as the most complex open world ever seen.

The gameplay itself is very much different.

It a whole totally other game to be honest.

While Fallout 3 and New Vegas are very much identical to Fallout 4, even more so if you played them with mods of the community.

Again Fallout 4 is by far not a bad game, it will be very enjoyable, no question, but its not outstanding or something unexpected.

Edited by Urahara

Urahara, I honestly cant tell if you are a troll, or being legitimate? What do you mean it will be?

I played the game, and said it was... and now I want to have a discussion thread about 4 that turned into a debate.

Anyway, then why make it appear as if I was trying to over hype the game? Game of the Year was my opinion. Hell I'm the one that even posted it. I have yet to read any review sites since 2000 because I form my opinions on Gameplay and not someone else opinion.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Played a bit when it unlocked last night and yeah so far just a few hours in and its got the same look and feel of all the other games. Glad Beth knows that you don't make radical changes to a series just for the sake of change. You do enough to progress the series and that's it.

That opening cinematic though, so good.

Edited by pang

Played a bit when it unlocked last night and yeah so far just a few hours in and its got the same look and feel of all the other games. Glad Beth knows that you don't make radical changes to a series just for the sake of change. You do enough to progress the series and that's it.

That opening cinematic though, so good.

This, they didnt reinvent the wheel, but they for sure built upon it.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Sorry, I didnt mean to be upsetting or anything.

Upset is not the right word. Confused fits better... you came into a fallout 4 thread and went off topic within your first post to the thread.

Lets wait and see if it really is better than The Witcher 3, I doubt.

Troll feed frenzy has become more likely.. you may have succeeded, but not in makeing me "upset".

I'll keep to myself next time, only to appease The Urahara, internet superstar.

and yes, you can quote that.

This thread was meant for fallout 4 discussion and not witcher/bethesda/elderscolls topics.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Ive played it 6 hours yesterday, now im back from school and time to play more.

My only disappointment so far, the second half of initial "training" or "introduction" part is utter poorly made socks. I mean animations are so wonderful even DMC 3 had way better animations. And the way voice acting is done in second half? Its like someone forced them to read the text. Zero emotion.

However afterwards there is no animation/voice acting problems i have seen so far, graphics are way better than what you have seen in trailer , optimization is bad but not as bad as watch dogs or assassins creed, its on acceptable levels.

Enemy deaths are well done, you will see limbs falling off in some creatures and elemental weapons have very amazing elemental effects.

The way im planning my character is going for 1-shot non-automatic laser rifle way. Because laser weapons have such satifying hit effects. Now to make my build work i need to score headshots, otherwise they become awared and i have whackton of trouble since i put no points on defence.

BTW, perk system is also very well done, most of the perks are interesting passive-ability kind of perks, instead of stupid stat-boosts in skyrim. 6 perception , 10 luck , 10 agility. Way to go.

Oh, just sayin, witcher 3 has way higher chance of winning goty award. The biggest reason is because they are delaying mod support to 2016, mods are very big part of TES/Fallout series.

But that opening thou, war...war never chances

Edited by Eren