Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Hero, the First Crow - Official discussion thread

Wow what started as a slow news update for the week has become a week chalked full juicy info, great stuff! Definitely shows some insight on the lore behind the players role in Crowfall.

Speculation time! How does Hero play out in the CF universe now, we see him fight for order/good...maybe he and arkyn made a deal? It's heavily implied here that he killed his family, when the Saga says a Wyvern devoured them and his village...which is true, who can say, maybe one is a metaphor for the other, maybe it was an accident, or unintentional, or maybe fate is just cruel? Maybe players in his faction helps him with his memories or try to clear his name? Or maybe he is just a normal crow like the rest of us...pretty exciting and deep lore with awesome implicatons, now I'm more excited for the next one!

And link to the old Wyvern tale in The Saga of Hero, The First Crow : http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/6209-creature-feature-the-wyvern/

Edited by RKNM

Wonderful story, the hero's likeness resembles Sandor Clegane quite strongly which I like.

Very Hyped to be testing, Tamer of Tacos for years upcoming and past. "If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."

On a darker note, if his story resonates, consider that it might be yours.  His is the eternal metaphor of the gamer: forever awakening into the next fight with only brief glimpses of the world he loves and misses in between.

Exactly which means this might be the answer to some of the questions raised about how CW worlds terminate.... in our 'HERO' not-quite-dying!

"He wakes on the eve of each battle with no memory of his past lives.  He remembers only his sense of duty and how to carry a sword."

At least we get to keep our skills.

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

Based on the story, the Mans devotion never wavered.

"The man’s wife cried and pleaded, ‘We have but one son left, please do not make us do this thing.’

And in that moment, the merriment of the gods turned into anger. They went to the Wyvern and said, ‘This mortal does not love us.’"

"We know only that Hero angered the gods.  As punishment, they shackled him with immortality."

Edited by baerin

I definitely like the idea of recurring characters like this that aren't actual gods. I feel like the best video game stories always go more deeply into developing smaller characters and their relationships with other people. I personally prefer that to just always being a game about the big picture where all the characters just blur together.

Obviously a good mix of both is best but most games tend to just be THESE GUYS DON'T LIKE THESE GUYS! EPIC BATTLES AND EXPOSIONS!

Very good update...

The potential to support some things i've talked about and hoped for is great.

Permadeath?  Or limited lives or some sorta hard reset on a character?  Still possible....

The fact that they kept mentioning "Eternal" Heroes over and over again make me think that's not the case. I feel like if permadeath was a thing then they'd change up their adjective use.

My thought on the original announcement was that maybe all characters would be destroyed with the wiping of the world and everyone would start fresh every campaign. That seems pretty unlikely at this point as well.

Edited by Zybak

The fact that they kept mentioning "Eternal" Heroes over and over again make me think that's not the case. I feel like if permadeath was a thing then they'd change up their adjective use.

My thought on the original announcement was that maybe all characters would be destroyed with the wiping of the world and everyone would start fresh every campaign. That seems pretty unlikely at this point as well.

I think it's just splitting hairs at that point. 

I think this line:

"He wakes on the eve of each battle with no memory of his past lives.  He remembers only his sense of duty and how to carry a sword."

Could be interpreted in a few different ways as far as how it could tie into the game, if at all. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I definitely like the idea of recurring characters like this that aren't actual gods. I feel like the best video game stories always go more deeply into developing smaller characters and their relationships with other people. I personally prefer that to just always being a game about the big picture where all the characters just blur together.

Obviously a good mix of both is best but most games tend to just be THESE GUYS DON'T LIKE THESE GUYS! EPIC BATTLES AND EXPOSIONS!

This would be awesome! I'm also more motivated by the stories of the people in a world more than I am about the Gods or those whose Plot Armor is strong enough to survive nuclear impact (looking at you Master Chief, Naruto, and Jon Snow...Plot Armor OP). Idk if its just being more relatable, or that their conflicts hit closer to home, but always preferred hearing more about more everymen then about the Powers that Be.

Hero... Of all the Gods, and of all the Goddesses, you are the only one I pledge allegiance to and no one else. Now and forever, I will always be your Immortal Champion.  

Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.