Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jugglers

Archetype - Aracoix

Hello reader!

I was browsing through crowfall looking for something that i missed earlier and i started thinking about flight ingame.

And i REMEMBERED! When i played Shadowbane there was this archetype or "race" that was called Aracoix. It's a combination between a human and a bird, i would really love to see it ingame but i know it might be hard to implement it into the game at this stage. But i had to get it out there to you people since it's one of my favourites. 

In combination with this "race" i would also like to add that if there are going to be flight in shadowbane there would be a good idea to be able to "Block" it at banes (City sieges) since it would be too good to be able to fly over the walls. 

If flight won't be possible but only gliding it would be really cool to see the Aracoix in Crowfall. 

If you want to read more about the Aracoix press this link: http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php?title=Aracoix

Thank you for reading!

The winter is coming... The hunger is coming...

Hello reader!

I was browsing through crowfall looking for something that i missed earlier and i started thinking about flight ingame.

And i REMEMBERED! When i played Shadowbane there was this archetype or "race" that was called Aracoix. It's a combination between a human and a bird, i would really love to see it ingame but i know it might be hard to implement it into the game at this stage. But i had to get it out there to you people since it's one of my favourites. 

In combination with this "race" i would also like to add that if there are going to be flight in shadowbane there would be a good idea to be able to "Block" it at banes (City sieges) since it would be too good to be able to fly over the walls. 

If flight won't be possible but only gliding it would be really cool to see the Aracoix in Crowfall. 

If you want to read more about the Aracoix press this link: http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php?title=Aracoix

Thank you for reading!

What purpose should this archetype fill Gameplay-wise. Aside from flying, what role will it fill that other archetypes do not?

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

What purpose should this archetype fill Gameplay-wise. Aside from flying, what role will it fill that other archetypes do not?

I'm not the OP, but people were looking for a thief to be implemented in some way. A flier would make sense for that kind of role.

pKWaYh4.jpg

We already have an archetype with wings, the Fae, and it's been confirmed that they will not be able to fly, but rather will glide. So if you jump off a high point you can glide down to the ground, but you can't go up into the air from the ground.

Given that, and the additional challenges that flight entails, I doubt you'll see it any time soon.

Edited by Arkade

Hello reader!

Thank you for reading!

Falls into the same category like water combat. Too much effort and design issues vs minimal payoff. Yet, I can see It as a good way to make $$ by offering this in their item shop for people to use in Eternal Kingdoms only, sice EK's are some kind of medieval Second Life anyway.

Edited by Qbs

It's pretty sad to have any winged classes when we are denied flight. If i were to seek another winged class though, it'd be gargoyles.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

As far as i am concerned flying is quite a big game changer. But since we got an assasin that can fly, why not add a flying knigt or "gliding knight." 

We already got a "flying/gliding" character so it would not bring much new so it wouldn't be very game changing. Just adding some diversity to the gameplay and character customization.

It's pretty sad to have any winged classes when we are denied flight. If i were to seek another winged class though, it'd be gargoyles.

I agree that it would be a little sad to add winged classes when we can't use flight, but since we are going to have gliding i think it's enough of a reason to add atleast one more variety of the winged class types. If not for diversity and choice, for making a "flying knight" 

I think it would be more fun to have a choice between which kind if "gliding" character you would like to play as. 

Gargoyles would also be a nice implemnt, but i personally prefer the Aracoix, they were so cool in Shadowbane.  :)

As far as i am concerned flying is quite a big game changer. But since we got an assasin that can fly, why not add a flying knigt or "gliding knight." 

We already got a "flying/gliding" character so it would not bring much new so it wouldn't be very game changing. Just adding some diversity to the gameplay and character customization.

Making a new archetype is very very expensive. It simply isn't worth it for such a minor addition, and just another flyer wouldn't fill a new role that draws in more players to counteract the costs.

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

Aracoix & nephilim were cool. I just don't see'm in this type of game as much as i would like 2. Flight is too OP versus most of these classes

Add fall damage, and chain pull vs flying sounds hilarious.

Add fall damage, and chain pull vs flying sounds hilarious.

well, I was thinking more along the lines of slightly bigger engagements. If there's a few ranged flyers, by the time, you realise where the damage is coming from you're dead. Not every1 has pull chain. Flyers can easily overcome any terrain obstacles. I'm sure if they want to they can somehow make it work, with things like stuns or bleeds that cause flyers to drop or make it very stamina & mana draining to fight in the air, but I still think it's op. It was always my choice if I wanted to die or not with my bird thief in shadowbane. In & out all day long, taking on entire grps 1 at a time. 

94d3694d-21cd-461f-afe1-69b22f882477.jpg

well, I was thinking more along the lines of slightly bigger engagements. If there's a few ranged flyers, by the time, you realise where the damage is coming from you're dead. Not every1 has pull chain. Flyers can easily overcome any terrain obstacles. I'm sure if they want to they can somehow make it work, with things like stuns or bleeds that cause flyers to drop or make it very stamina & mana draining to fight in the air, but I still think it's op. It was always my choice if I wanted to die or not with my bird thief in shadowbane. In & out all day long, taking on entire grps 1 at a time.

SB flight mechanics were also very... primitive. It could be made to work, if ACE thought it was worth the time and effort.

Posted (edited)

I just saw some Aracoix in Crowfall today in the 25 - 30 starter leveling world! They were Druids, Knights, and Assassins, though all NPCs. 

Still it looks like they have full models and complete movement mechanics. I recall that the developers already made an easy system to build new archetypes/race powers so I'm really hoping for them to eventually be a choose-able race with racial specific disciplines just like in Shadowbane. 

As for flying, they are a bird based race (unlike the Fae) so flying makes more sense for them (ie hollow bone and other things birds developed for flying). Even in Shadowbane, they couldn't fly forever, flying ate up stamina so if they flew until they ran out they would be in trouble because their ability to fight would be severely impaired. Also, hovering really ate up stamina and aracoix had a flight height limit that kept them in spell casting and arrow range. Heck, only Warlocks could perma-fly as long as they could drain mobs of stamina and were used to auto level groups up so that seems more OP to me.

They were never overpowered since they tended to make up a small percentage of any server I played on. I soooooo hope they become playable!

Edited by Dakyn
forgot to add something