Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Who are these people: 2015 Survey results, pt. 1 - Official discussion thread

Reading. 

Slide 3 link broken - seems to be relative vs absolute or something. edit: Fixed

Interesting data, I'd love to know how/what conclusions can be drawn from it.  Specifically, I find the last slide very interesting - somehow I expect something like the value of experiences and entertainment to scale with income - more like a percentage, but this seems to indicate that perhaps that's not so much the case.

Edited by yamix

This is cray cray. As Hamopeche has pointed out, a 3 year old filled out a survey? Wasn't my 3 year old, so seriously??

And grammar school, seriously? Did we enter a time warp or did someone from Utah or the Amish make that selection? Nonetheless, I'm to believe kids under 18 contributed over $13k to the game?

This is cray cray. As Hamopeche has pointed out, a 3 year old filled out a survey? Wasn't my 3 year old, so seriously??

And grammar school, seriously? Did we enter a time warp or did someone from Utah or the Amish make that selection? Nonetheless, I'm to believe kids under 18 contributed over $13k to the game?

Well i'm sure as they expected not everyone answered the survey with sincerity. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I definitely like seeing the results! (Even if Advanced statistics in college made me decide I no longer liked math)

Some trolls are to be expected and the standard deviation will typically exclude their results. Kids under 18 contributing 13K isn't that odd though. Your average console game costs $60, so thats only 200-300 kids buying the game. When I was in grade school I bought myself a Nintendo ($100) with my allowance. (I saved my money for a LONG time for it)

EDIT: I replied before seeing that slide and it said pretty much the same thing I did! Now back to looking at the charts...

EDIT 2: Finished looking at the charts, rather than spam the board I'll just edit this one with the rest of my thoughts!

I find the gender demographics to be sad... Completely unsurprising but sad. 

Some of the data seem a little fudged.

More than half of the people who contributed work more than 30 hours a week.  Seems to me that we have a pretty busy demographic. Almost makes you wish that you could do fun/significant things in 30 minutes of gameplay.

Am I misunderstanding what you think is fudged? (the hours data)

It seems reasonable to me. I started working part time in the supermarket (20 hours) when I turned 16 and have pretty consistently worked at least that much ever since... I know a lot of my friends weren't so lucky and had to work even more. Interestingly they also are my friends who are more involved in gaming. 

I also completely agree with the 30 minutes of gameplay post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I look forward to seeing (hopefully) more of the results! Demographics are interesting, but not nearly as much as some of the other questions!

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by ledeir

Allowance? What's that. I'll get over the teens buying crowfall thing. Worse stuff they could buy I guess.

But sure, trolls are going to answer. That's when you remove those responses from the data. If they're going to say they're 3 years old and bought a bloodstone, I think it's safe to say you don't need their response in your data at all. Instead of making the observation "It appears that children under the age of 5 tend to have doctorates and contribute over $1,000. They also speak 5 languages and have 14 in their household."

To people wondering about Crowfall, generally yes, Teenagers are still the most prominent group in any game. So that should be no shock. As for the kids answering the surveys, remember, J Todd Coleman made two kid games before this and since Shadowbane hasn't really been a large vocal community in some time, he did rely to some extent on grabbing the "care bears". When he asked them to check out the game, yes, obviously some will buy it. 13k isn't that bad considering we are about something crazy like 2.4 million in total. Now is Crowfall meant to be a kids game, no, is it meant to be Shadowbane II, no. It is a game that we haven't seen before so the audience in truth might be surprising. You also have to take into consideration, yes, the people who post on the forums are usually adults, but the forum members alone don't scratch the surface of how many people, who don't really talk, there are. Frankly,  some of those might be kids, or parents, or something else that is odd for this kind of game.

Allowance? What's that. I'll get over the teens buying crowfall thing. Worse stuff they could buy I guess.

But sure, trolls are going to answer. That's when you remove those responses from the data. If they're going to say they're 3 years old and bought a bloodstone, I think it's safe to say you don't need their response in your data at all. Instead of making the observation "It appears that children under the age of 5 tend to have doctorates and contribute over $1,000. They also speak 5 languages and have 14 in their household."

You don't know me.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

The results seems a bit weird, but i did expect few people can troll about stuff since it's anonymously done.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

<5% females?!?? Wow I didn't realize we were that under represented.

I'm a bit surprised too! Though to tell you the truth, most of the hype/marketing for the game so has probably been more male based?

I mean, I mostly backed it for the centaurs. >_>

(Partially true - the concept of persistent characters and disposable worlds was interesting too. But neither of those are really to 'srs bsns pvp' vein that the taglines go for)

Hopefully this imbalance will be resolved some by the time the game launches. :D