Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teerlys

Slowing the Horde

I'm not going to debate with you. I don't mind your ideas, some of which I agree on. Just stop being a jerk. Don't go on insulting [or, more commonly in your case, disregarding] people off the bat for having ideas of whatever caliber. It's very disgusting stuff to read and, just like you, I can make some assumptions about the person who wrote them.

Again, in case you didn't understand my stupid point the first time around: Post your argument or point, they'll be considered and thought of, but stop being a jerk. Easy, right?

Not a needed feature. If collision is implemented properly, the smaller groups will always move faster anyways (unless the large group is incredibly organized, but if they are then they deserve to be rewarded for it). Not to mention the premise makes no sense. Why would extra footsteps on the ground make it deteriorate anyways?

I can think of a few ways to do this that aren't terribly expensive computation-wise, but I think ultimately there are better mechanics for dealing with zergs and blobs (like friendly fire).

Question:

Why is there always a push by potential players, in nearly game these days, to punish those who have access to a larger pool of players than themselves?  Rather than demand those groups be punished, why not work harder to increase your own membership?

In nearly ever post where someone wants another group punish due to their size, never is that size limit identified. If you think a guild should be punished for being large, put a number on it and explain why that particular size and above deserves to be penalized.

Answer:

The health of Crowfall (CF) depends on players being able to have fun whether they subjugate themselves to a mega-guild or relax and play with a few friends.

If 200+ friends is a few to you, congrats, you'll likely win some campaigns no matter what.

Since this suggestion is unrealistic, I hope ACE doesn't need to use it. But keep the creativity flowing!

(I like the way you're thinking, even if I dislike this concept.)

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)